Sponsored

Apple CarPlay on optional 12" Screen (in 2021 F-150)

TheGeb

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Visited my local Ford dealer to get an oil change on my F-150 and unfortunately they did not have any Bronco Sports on the lot yet. They did have a 2021 F-150 XLT with the 12" infotainment option and I got to play around with it. My biggest question was around Apple CarPlay and what the integration would look like on that screen since this would be my primary mode of operation. Overall I was pretty happy with the integration. You could use the "full" CarPlay screen for maps and use the side panel for CarPlay audio. This was a good use of the entire screen area in my opinion and seeing it might be enough to push me from my Black Diamond build up to a Badlands. Wireless CarPlay also worked seamlessly. System was very smooth and responsive.

Also walked around the lot to look at some colors in real life and was not a fan of Velocity Blue (saw on a F-150 and Escape) but did like Lightening Blue (Ranger). Currently set on Cyber Orange for my build but it was good to confirm.

Ford Bronco Apple CarPlay on optional 12" Screen (in 2021 F-150) Carplay1

Ford Bronco Apple CarPlay on optional 12" Screen (in 2021 F-150) Carplay3

Ford Bronco Apple CarPlay on optional 12" Screen (in 2021 F-150) carplay2
Sponsored

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the photos. It looks great on the 12"!

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Was there anyway to go full screen with the CarPlay? Or were the side panel and the row of bottoms at the bottom always there?

The thing I’ve always liked about CarPlay is it covers the whole UI and makes it look nice, simple and clean. To me this looks really busy and too segmented.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
that's great that the temp is always on screen now. On my 2019 Raptor, the temp is hidden when you go to apple carplay and you have to exit carplay to have it display again. I am happy that they fixed this issue.

The should take it one step further have outside temp display in the cluster in front of the driver .. like most German cars do

Last edited:

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Was there anyway to go full screen with the CarPlay? Or were the side panel and the row of bottoms at the bottom always there?

The thing I’ve always liked about CarPlay is it covers the whole UI and makes it look nice, simple and clean. To me this looks really busy and too segmented.
I know with the factory nav you can. Maybe if the arrow on the bottom right corner is touched it would go fullscreen.

OP
OP
TheGeb

TheGeb

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

There was not a way to go “full screen” CarPlay. Always will be the side panel from what I could tell. I believe Apple restricts this, not Ford, so maybe that will be an update in the future.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This confirms my need for High/Lux package

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't ACP come on the 8" screen also?

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There was not a way to go “full screen” CarPlay. Always will be the side panel from what I could tell. I believe Apple restricts this, not Ford, so maybe that will be an update in the future.
This actually makes me feel better about sticking with the BD and the 8” screen!

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Current CarPlay resolution will not allow full screen without looking blown up and odd on the bigger screens. Future updates will hopefully fix that. This looks like a good use of the screen real estate dealing with the limitations.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Now do Android Auto lol

GhostlyWon

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 BMW M Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Visited my local Ford dealer to get an oil change on my F-150 and unfortunately they did not have any Bronco Sports on the lot yet. They did have a 2021 F-150 XLT with the 12" infotainment option and I got to play around with it. My biggest question was around Apple CarPlay and what the integration would look like on that screen since this would be my primary mode of operation. Overall I was pretty happy with the integration. You could use the "full" CarPlay screen for maps and use the side panel for CarPlay audio. This was a good use of the entire screen area in my opinion and seeing it might be enough to push me from my Black Diamond build up to a Badlands. Wireless CarPlay also worked seamlessly. System was very smooth and responsive.

Also walked around the lot to look at some colors in real life and was not a fan of Velocity Blue (saw on a F-150 and Escape) but did like Lightening Blue (Ranger). Currently set on Cyber Orange for my build but it was good to confirm.

Did you happen to notice it it was wireless Apple CarPlay compatible?