First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been looking at the Wranglers for the past year before I got interested in the Bronco. Pricing out the vehicle I would like on both sites I end up with about the same price if you equip them equivalently or as close as possible. The Bronco I configured was cheaper but only because I stuck to the cloth seats and MIC top. The Wranger had far more roof choices and I liked the body color hard top. For the Bronco I'm going to wait for either the white or body color option to become available.
Sponsored

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not necessarily representative, but a comment FWIW, theres a lifted Gladiator with big tires I pass sometimes on my way into work. Looks badass, but its always going pretty slow, I'm not sure if it CAN go fast. My 17' Taco w/ Trd intake, exhaust, OV tune, and stock size tires, isn't fast, but can be driven quickly if you want to. I couldn't stand one of those large tire Gladiators w/o also adding a v8, and that's just too much money. Just throwing a little different perspective out there.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

wranglers are ugly and unreliable. broncos are bad ass and hopefully reliable but will be more reliable than any fca vehicle
Wrangler reliability is a huge concern...per the thread I started earlier today. Hopefully the Bronco will be more reliable.

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nacho AND Gecko (classic MOPAR Lime Light) are coming back!!!!!
With Hydro and Chief blue!!
Hoe-lee shitsnacks!

Ford needs to ditch the 50 shades of rental car on the Base Bronco and add some pop for 2022, or it's goodbye.
I wanted the Nacho when I ordered my 2018 Rubi, but they only built a few hundred for dealers then discontinued it. End up going with the Punk'n.

Love and will be keeping my Jeep, have owned 7 over the years. Also always liked the 1st gen Bronco but never owned one. I do plan on going with a 4 door Bronco so will have each. Think they both will have their advantages and drawbacks.

Still planning of getting a bronco but the B&P and recent updates have been disappointing for me. Was all in on the WT but no black top hurts that, also not a big fan of the interior on the WT. Don't think I can go with the grey top on the WT so will either need to wait for the black top if I warm up to the interior or consider going with a BL.

I do wish Ford would allow you to pick more individual upgrades instead of just forcing you to packages for items with things you don't want. Do believe I could get better value ordering a Jeep since I can just add what I want. Both the WT and BL I would do end up around 55k the Rubi I would order would be about 52k but there are a number of dealers you can get employee pricing on custom orders so about 10% off MSRP and I have about 3k in dealer dollars from my Jeep credit card.

Ford Bronco APPLES (BRONCO) VS ORANGES (WRANGLER) Resized_20180923_110648_4053

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford seems to have fumbled on the upper price range trim/option packages.

OTH, Jeep has told the poors, like me, to go buy used and mod it if you want a reliable offroad machine.
The Sasquatch package on a Base kills the Rubicon value wise.

Sponsored

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wrangler reliability is a huge concern...per the thread I started earlier today. Hopefully the Bronco will be more reliable.
Have had very few issues with any of the Jeeps I have owned over the past 25 years. There are still quite a few CJ, YJ and TJ Jeeps on the roads around here. There is always horror stories every brand has them.

While I do plan on adding a Bronco, will be my first Ford, have a good friend telling me not to do it as his 2 year old Mustang has had the motor built twice, still don't sound right and keeps stalling in stop and go track. Now this week there is a knocking sound in his transmission.

I am planning on getting a Bronco (will keep my Jeep) and am optimistic it will be a great vehicle but no one will really know how realiable they will be or what problems they may end up having until they are out for awhile.

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 2018 JL Rubi, no issues. Been the best of the 7 Jeeps I have owned. Actually had the most issues with my TJ and they were pretty minor around 85k miles.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs