Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

building a Rubicon with led headlights and upgraded audio and 8" touch screen could possibly be close with the 6 cylinder. We will see friday,
Ford Bronco APPLES (BRONCO) VS ORANGES (WRANGLER) compare

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

HoustonBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yukon xl
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey HoustonBronco... do you live in Houston? I work at an energy business in WashDC on the financial side. We do much business with y'all
I do live in Houston and work in the energy corridor for large energy company. But as an on site sub-contractor. I'm their resident elevator mechanic.

Sponsored

KindaOrange

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I do live in Houston and work in the energy corridor for large energy company. But as an on site sub-contractor. I'm their resident elevator mechanic.
Rockin'! Are there any trails in the area? Houston pretty flat last time I went... Maybe hill country??

317_OffRoad

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge charger, 2019 Santa Fe,96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Speaking of oranges.... Can any of the serious Jeep/Off-road enthusiasts in the crowd say what it costs to outfit a vehicle like this? Lift, Shocks, Wheels, & Tires. Is this something that Jeep offers or just after-market? From what I could tell it as the Fox shocks and running 37"s

Ford Bronco APPLES (BRONCO) VS ORANGES (WRANGLER) wrangler-rubicon-jk-jku-chief-blue-passenger-front
Assuming its the mopar 2'' lift you can get it factory, they have 2.5'' shocks with external reservoirs (1600 usd). As far as wheels you can also get 17'' beadlock wheels direct from mopar (300$ per)tire of your choice. with that being said a JT with the right wheel and tire you can fit a 37'' under it with out a lift from factory. I dont remember the exact size of the mopar beadlocks but with a 37'' tire underneath it will fit with no lift like i mentioned.

317_OffRoad

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge charger, 2019 Santa Fe,96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is not too far off from the Jeep Gladiator Mojave. And for those of us more interested in running through the desert, than crawling over rocks it may fit. Just built this, because you know B&P. Its a badass, V6, Manual, Fox Shocks, and Premium Cloth Interior! A dynamic 4x4 for high speed which only locks the back, the front can be variable for high speed maneuvers. It has just one special mode... Off Road+, its the (+) I like! LOL! Wheels are standard 17 inch rims and 33's. I know so much because I wanted it so bad, then I gave in to the Wildtrack. As you can guess, I'm back on the fence.

Quick edit, all I added to the Base Mojave was safety group, adaptive crusie, cold winter group, and Aux switches. Tow package allowing me to tow 7650 lbs.

Edit 2. This build includes the Automatic Transmission. If I keep the manual its only $48,765 ish. So there's that and a lot of people like that.

You want to argue against? I'd prefer to not hear, nor do I care for any opinions or facts against. This thing is sick! I'm actually beginning to wonder why I am even waiting for Ford when this exists.

Ford Bronco APPLES (BRONCO) VS ORANGES (WRANGLER) wrangler-rubicon-jk-jku-chief-blue-passenger-front

Peace Bronco's
Agree with your assessment other than the towing. The Mojave can only tow 6k due to the different suspension, but that's plenty for most. I my self am probably getting a Rubi JT.

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree with your assessment other than the towing. The Mojave can only tow 6k due to the different suspension, but that's plenty for most. I my self am probably getting a Rubi JT.
Thanks for the correction. Yeah, I was confused between the diesel, the 3.6 and a few diff trims. I just learned the base sport with tow package has the highest tow rating at I think 7500 lbs.

6k would be more than enough for me.

OP
OP
FATHORSE

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

With pricing and options i feel like im getting more car for the money if i decided to go Jeep.
I lean towards ford, so its hard for me to say that. These are the only two options for the bronco that im considering. Black Diamond with the lowbrow tech. Non LED, which is a big deal, because i want that option. 2 door badlands, to save money and limit the options i pick due to budget. My max is 45,000. Color options are the biggest factor in deciding these two out of any of the others. I will have to sell a kidney to get the two to three grand im going to need for the rest. lol. I'm also sad to say that sasquatch is out of my budget. :*(

Ford Bronco APPLES (BRONCO) VS ORANGES (WRANGLER) 1603630809728

Ford Bronco APPLES (BRONCO) VS ORANGES (WRANGLER) 1603630866394

Ford Bronco APPLES (BRONCO) VS ORANGES (WRANGLER) 1603631160217

Ford Bronco APPLES (BRONCO) VS ORANGES (WRANGLER) 1603631213360

Ford Bronco APPLES (BRONCO) VS ORANGES (WRANGLER) 1603631480856

Ford Bronco APPLES (BRONCO) VS ORANGES (WRANGLER) 1603631524622

Sponsored
OP
OP
FATHORSE

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A different post turned me on to the Big Bend which i didnt build because it was a lower model then black diamond. It offers the LED lights. The interior is also acceptable. I can live with the brown in the seats, which will also hide dirt. I think i found my winner.

Ford Bronco APPLES (BRONCO) VS ORANGES (WRANGLER) 1603636323539

Ford Bronco APPLES (BRONCO) VS ORANGES (WRANGLER) 1603636386334

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wranglers are ugly and unreliable. broncos are bad ass and hopefully reliable but will be more reliable than any fca vehicle

OP
OP
FATHORSE

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, i do mean the LED Halo's and Led Tail Lights, i do know that the standard comes with a LED bulb. I think the JL is the best Jeep Ford has made to date. You should go test drive a Rubicon.
Sponsored