Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ok. So say in April there were 1000 2 doors to be built. Above spreadsheet shows that they will build 250 at most. I suspect that the remaining 750 get pushed to May.

And say Ford had 1000 already already lined up for May. So with the leftover750 from April, they really have 1750 to build. But say that their capacity to build 2 doors remains the same - 250 units. Leaves 1500 unbuilt 2 doors after May. If the build restrictions aren't solved, the percentage number to be built each month will decrease due to the backlog.

This backlog will snowball out of control early if Ford doesn't get a handle on it. If the shortages cannot be resolved in 6 months, the backlog becomes 4.5 times as much as when they started the builds.

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 7.45.03 AM.png

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco April Commodity Constraints For 2021 Bronco Production 1618578879355

Based on this sheet, I have everything except WT and brush guard. I have a snowball's chance in Hell of getting my truck this year. I am about to take my $50K someplace else and not take delivery of this 'dumpster fire' of a reintroduction of a beloved vehicle. Should be happy I own a 1970 that will only go up in value. I am just so disappointed in what Ford is doing to us.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So now the brush guard, which was ordered based on current design, it a big constraint because they are redesigning it which nobody has seen. I like the current design and don't care it blocks letter. Just give me the old one and don't hold up my bronco.

Tangent27

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Passat 2013 Road King 1987 BMW e30
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So now the brush guard, which was ordered based on current design, it a big constraint because they are redesigning it which nobody has seen. I like the current design and don't care it blocks letter. Just give me the old one and don't hold up my bronco.
My thoughts exactly.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First I've heard of the tow pkg being an option that will hold up your order.

Dammit.

I knew I should have skipped it and just gone aftermarket.
The tow package has been holding up Sport orders for months. I know it's a different platform and factory, but maybe they share tow package parts.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My thoughts exactly.
To add to this, when the whole free headliner announcement came out, why wouldn't they be like... The brush guard is getting redesigned and will be limited production for early builds. If you'd like to cancel this option, let us know.

I would have cancelled in 2 seconds. Any way they go with the new one, Up, Out, or Down, I can only see it looking worse.

Tevans

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Would Ford schedule what they have parts to build, then come back to preorders and give them an option to change their build (like they did with the tops)? To give the option of say changing from a 2.7 Sas to a 2.3 w/o sas but a new option for 33's on an OBX for example, to get more preorders produced?

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
basically if you got a wildtrak or 2 door or the stupid brush guard youre going to have a bad week.

Source: I am smart
well 💩. That’s it, I’m in it for the long haul I guess. Getting the old Mustang catalog book out. Might as well spruce up the daily!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm guessing this is going to change once the second wave of orders comes in. Hopefully the V6 engine wont be as big as a problem when the next wave comes because thats where im most likely going to be.

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The tow package has been holding up Sport orders for months. I know it's a different platform and factory, but maybe they share tow package parts.
Now I'm contemplating on removing the Tow Package but the 2dr percentage seems worse and there's no way I'm switching to 4dr

jrobVT

Base
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery 5 - Range Rover P38
Your Bronco Model
Base
To add to this, when the whole free headliner announcement came out, why wouldn't they be like... The brush guard is getting redesigned and will be limited production for early builds. If you'd like to cancel this option, let us know.

I would have cancelled in 2 seconds. Any way they go with the new one, Up, Out, or Down, I can only see it looking worse.
They marketed the ease of upgrading and accessorizing ...why couldnt they just ship it to us or a dealer when its ready im sure its a few bolts not like they're sending the truck out of the factory without the 2.7 motor (which i imagine may be harder to ship and install after the fact)

Jette

Black Diamond
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure if everyone saw this but posted by @DealerInsider. Gives a sense of the relative commodity issues. This came from the April Ford Marketing deck.

Below are the National (NAT) percentages and how @DealerInsider represented this (because it says varies by dealer) was that if a dealer had 10 builds with 2.7 only 6-7 (i.e. 60-70%) would preview and therefore get scheduled for production. You can also read into this the more you have (sucks to be me) the lower the risk of previewing/scheduling. But time stamp hopefully can help you after the priority builds clear.

Ford Bronco April Commodity Constraints For 2021 Bronco Production 1618578879355
So what you are saying is that a WIldTrak with a Brush Guard is not likely to be completed anytime soon...

BlackearthBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond, 2016 Audi A3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Confirmed. All of the early builds were priority builds that were requested by Ford to dealerships, whether the customer knew or not. Those of us that did not get an email so far, still have a chance to get a build in June. All of those emailed already, AGAIN, were priority builds. My dealership chose the customer with the earliest reservation stamp (only got one) for the priority build, which was fair. My dealer is getting 20, lost one, MY21 Broncos. I am number 5 in line.