Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure if everyone saw this but posted by @DealerInsider. Gives a sense of the relative commodity issues. This came from the April Ford Marketing deck.

Below are the National (NAT) percentages and how @DealerInsider represented this (because it says varies by dealer) was that if a dealer had 10 builds with 2.7 only 6-7 (i.e. 60-70%) would preview and therefore get scheduled for production. You can also read into this the more you have (sucks to be me) the lower the risk of previewing/scheduling. But time stamp hopefully can help you after the priority builds clear.

8EA367ED-1CAB-44F3-81EC-59E2A48713BD.jpeg
Thank you so much...more to obsess on and overthink about.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if everyone saw this but posted by @DealerInsider. Gives a sense of the relative commodity issues. This came from the April Ford Marketing deck.

Below are the National (NAT) percentages and how @DealerInsider represented this (because it says varies by dealer) was that if a dealer had 10 builds with 2.7 only 6-7 (i.e. 60-70%) would preview and therefore get scheduled for production. You can also read into this the more you have (sucks to be me) the lower the risk of previewing/scheduling. But time stamp hopefully can help you after the priority builds clear.

8EA367ED-1CAB-44F3-81EC-59E2A48713BD.jpeg
I wanna say that interpretation of the right column isn't quite correct. I don't think it means that only x% of one of these given items can get scheduled. I think it means that only x% of the total production (for the period) can include those items. That's a distinct difference.

In the former description, if 100 people ordered a brush guard, only 10-15 of those Broncos will be made. That's not logical.

Taken another way, we know that the two-door was a popular option, of up to 40% of all orders. If only 20-25% of two-door orders were to be scheduled, that would be only 8-10% of production being two-doors. Surely Ford planned for a much higher percentage. In fact, I would say Ford planned for 20-25%.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 7 of those on my FE. Can't wait to get my rig next January.
You FE guys need to remember that most of you are getting some of the first builds, so your builds will likely be taking a big chunk of those percentages. It's the regular non-FE people that may get pushed back.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanna say that interpretation of the right column isn't quite correct. I don't think it means that only x% of one of these given items can get scheduled. I think it means that only x% of the total production (for the period) can include those items. That's a distinct difference.

In the former description, if 100 people ordered a brush guard, only 10-15 of those Broncos will be made. That's not logical.

Taken another way, we know that the two-door was a popular option, of up to 40% of all orders. If only 20-25% of two-door orders were to be scheduled, that would be only 8-10% of production being two-doors. Surely Ford planned for a much higher percentage. In fact, I would say Ford planned for 20-25%.
To add to this further, the only real problem will be the variance between the planned capacity for an item and the actual demand of that item in customer orders. Meaning, if only 10-15% of orders will have the brush guard, then there's really not a problem. But if 50% ordered Sasquatch, there's going to be an issue if Ford only has capacity for 30-37% of orders to have Sasquatch.

TL;DR: Without knowing all of the info, I wouldn't freak out. To those thinking of canceling their orders, do it if you must, but most sensible people would wait for their estimated build date in May to at least see where you land.

Last edited:

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And the LUX Package
Not that I am complaining since I ordered the leather. If we have learned nothing else in this journey it's that apparently consistency is not King.

LabGoof

Outer Banks
First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion & Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To add to this further, the only real problem will be the variance between the planned capacity for an item and the actual demand of that item in customer orders. Meaning, if only 10-15% of orders will have the brush guard, then there's really not a problem. But if 50% ordered Sasquatch, there's going to be an issue if Ford only has capacity for 30-37% of orders to have Sasquatch.

TL;DR: Without knowing all of the info, I wouldn't freak out. To those thinking of canceling their orders, do it if you must, bust most sensible people would wait for their estimated build date in May to at least see where you land.
Nah... Don't wait. Just go ahead & cancel! LOL!!😂

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So every single thing for me except wild trak, Sasquatch and that stupid bar. Add all that and an August reservation and it should be a 2026.
We can hug and cry together except I have Sasquatch also. Make it 2028 for me.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We can hug and cry together except I have Sasquatch also. Make it 2028 for me.
Lol be strong man, we’ll get through this together.

Abramsman1

Raptor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I literally have every single option here listed. Well on the bright side...Been waiting since 2017... at least they are being built

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Welp I have 6 of the 10. Looks I'll be getting a 2022 model. In the end this actually works out for me since I've taken a beating in the Stock Market recently. Also I'd rather get a 2022 anyway then get a super late 2021.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What's really gonna suck, at least for me anyway, is when Bronco's start showing up on dealer lots for sale to the general public due to that 20% some dealers are gonna get!!! And I'm still waiting for mine to be built!!!
That is the million dollar question. When they called reservation holders and the people told them they no longer wanted to buy a Bronco, did they cancel them and theoretically move everyone up the list or did they refund the $100 and put the reservation in their pocket for a 20% no match. I'm sure dealers did it both ways.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is the million dollar question. When they called reservation holders and the people told them they no longer wanted to buy a Bronco, did they cancel them and theoretically move everyone up the list or did they refund the $100 and put the reservation in their pocket for a 20% no match. I'm sure dealers did it both ways.
everyone moved up

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope you're right!
its been stated numerous times over the months all reservations will be built before dealer specific stock