Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my 28th new Ford replacing my 2015 F-150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@EIGHTLUG July 16th you said these were shipping out the coming week. Has been 3 weeks and still have not shipped... Do you have definitive date these are going to ship?
As much as i wanted this item, I think it is time abandon ship. these guys are starting to make me like this is a is a failed company. they tell us one thing then we never hear anything else until someone says hey what's up? Now, how do we get our money back????
Sponsored

TexxasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 and 2020 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As much as i wanted this item, I think it is time abandon ship. these guys are starting to make me like this is a is a failed company. they tell us one thing then we never hear anything else until someone says hey what's up? Now, how do we get our money back????
I am patient to a point but this is beyond that point. If the stated date is missed, then an update would be appropriate. Especially 2 weeks after the missed quoted ship date. 7 more days will be a month after he said that they were shipping the coming week.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's a CNC machined, then hand painted, then custom lasered with topography center console badge, with, most likely, your Bronco's VIN, if not Badlands National Park coordinates. It's not like we're mass producing these parts in third world countries and they come over by the shipping container load. They are all being worked on. And when I say all, I mean BADLANDS and FIRST EDITION.

If the lack of this part, that's being made for you, is ruining your day, you can send an email to [email protected] with your order number and your request.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@EIGHTLUG July 16th you said these were shipping out the coming week. Has been 3 weeks and still have not shipped... Do you have definitive date these are going to ship?
There is an option for no VIN, no topography. It's just a plain black and orange badge with BADLANDS script. Those are being held up in the laser process and I believe were prepped to ship. Don't quote me on that. I don't handle the shipping out of orders.

Sponsored
OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Damn, you'd think you couldn't operate your Bronco without this vin plate. I have ordered from @EIGHTLUG in the past and his product is top notch.
We always aim to exceed expectations. The badges and BADLANDS BAMS were just a perfect storm of scheduling not lining up. They weren't all supposed to land at STARKILLER BASE and be ready for the laser at the same time. There's also a component of just not knowing the total scope of this project, honestly, because we never done it before. To my knowledge, no one has. We've completed similar projects but nothing as detailed as these badges with all of the steps wrapped up in one product.

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll
We always aim to exceed expectations. The badges and BADLANDS BAMS were just a perfect storm of scheduling not lining up. They weren't all supposed to land at STARKILLER BASE and be ready for the laser at the same time. There's also a component of just not knowing the total scope of this project, honestly, because we never done it before. To my knowledge, no one has. We've completed similar projects but nothing as detailed as these badges with all of the steps wrapped up in one product.
I’ll patiently wait. Haven’t been disappointed yet.

Bronco 3:4.jpg

Last edited:

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@EIGHTLUG I don't think the majority of people losing patience are intentionally trying to be abrasive.
It's a perfect storm of being part of the group who had been led on for months and months with the lack of Ford communications, transparency, updates.
Seeing the same trends in a vendor (whatever vendor for whatever reason) naturally probably gets the dander up an bit and makes the vendor a victim at times for nothing they are doing wrong.

I think 90% of us understand there's a lot of dynamic going on and things are behind schedule for multiple reasons.
That same 90% would probably just appreciate any update at all when your projected timeframe is knocked off track. (10% are perpetual victims and will cry foul if you gave them all away for free).
A simple post here to say something like "Hey, I said a week or two but we are jammed up at the laser/powdercoat/whatever. I have not forgotten about your orders, but running behind a bit, expect another few weeks. If anything changes, I'll advise here."

Do it proactively.
Simple as setting a reminder on your calendar at whatever time you estimated, go back and update the group.

Just my opinion/advice.
I also have had an order in since the beginning for a BL with the custom coords on it, and understand it is a 1 of 1 piece due to the laser etching time.

I check in here from time to time looking for an update.

You guys have a tremendous amount of vision and forward-thinking. It tends to get beaten up and overshadowed some by the delays and lack of proactive communication...

All you can do is all you can do, man. Quality before quantity.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@EIGHTLUG I don't think the majority of people losing patience are intentionally trying to be abrasive.
It's a perfect storm of being part of the group who had been led on for months and months with the lack of Ford communications, transparency, updates.
Seeing the same trends in a vendor (whatever vendor for whatever reason) naturally probably gets the dander up an bit and makes the vendor a victim at times for nothing they are doing wrong.

I think 90% of us understand there's a lot of dynamic going on and things are behind schedule for multiple reasons.
That same 90% would probably just appreciate any update at all when your projected timeframe is knocked off track. (10% are perpetual victims and will cry foul if you gave them all away for free).
A simple post here to say something like "Hey, I said a week or two but we are jammed up at the laser/powdercoat/whatever. I have not forgotten about your orders, but running behind a bit, expect another few weeks. If anything changes, I'll advise here."

Do it proactively.
Simple as setting a reminder on your calendar at whatever time you estimated, go back and update the group.

Just my opinion/advice.
I also have had an order in since the beginning for a BL with the custom coords on it, and understand it is a 1 of 1 piece due to the laser etching time.

You guys have a tremendous amount of vision and forward-thinking. It tends to get beaten up and overshadowed some by the delays and lack of proactive communication...

I totally appreciate and agree with 100% of what you wrote. I remember, not too long ago, I was able to spend a lot more time on the forum. Personally responding to all of the questions and providing updates was the norm. I still like to jump on and answer questions, update product threads and provide updates to pre-orders. It's all just a balance of time now. We're bringing more staff on full time to allow me to focus time where it's more worthwhile. Being part of this community is one of them.

We are definitely in the weeds right now. And that's in a good way. We're buried in badges, MAGNUMS, STIRRUPS, BAMS, SLAPS etc. That means were getting parts machined and back from finishing and prepping for fulfillment.

Last night, around 7PM, I watched BADLANDS BAM #97 get its laser treatment. We're close to putting a bow on that project and getting the laser back to console badge duty. From the FIRST EDITION badge samples I've looked at, there is some fine tuning I want to do do get the annealing and etching just right with the laser. Annealing will turn the finish white and the etching will blow through the finish and emboss the aluminum, leaving a bright aluminum finish. It looks like next week I'll have some picture updates of the console badges and get that project rolling full speed ahead.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do it proactively.

Just my opinion/advice.

i think this is a perfect post about people thoughts. i know i ordered my badlands console badge in April as a birthday present to myself. Bronco got delivered on June 9th and just waiting for the badge. Hopefully they'll be here soon.

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I totally appreciate and agree with 100% of what you wrote. I remember, not too long ago, I was able to spend a lot more time on the forum. Personally responding to all of the questions and providing updates was the norm. I still like to jump on and answer questions, update product threads and provide updates to pre-orders. It's all just a balance of time now. We're bringing more staff on full time to allow me to focus time where it's more worthwhile. Being part of this community is one of them.

We are definitely in the weeds right now. And that's in a good way. We're buried in badges, MAGNUMS, STIRRUPS, BAMS, SLAPS etc. That means were getting parts machined and back from finishing and prepping for fulfillment.

Last night, around 7PM, I watched BADLANDS BAM #97 get its laser treatment. We're close to putting a bow on that project and getting the laser back to console badge duty. From the FIRST EDITION badge samples I've looked at, there is some fine tuning I want to do do get the annealing and etching just right with the laser. Annealing will turn the finish white and the etching will blow through the finish and emboss the aluminum, leaving a bright aluminum finish. It looks like next week I'll have some picture updates of the console badges and get that project rolling full speed ahead.
Aaaannndd for Curtis's next show....

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Do it proactively.

Just my opinion/advice.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curtis, any updates?