Sponsored

AR | BAM & TAP Billet Rail Accessories (BRAs): B.A.L.L.S./F.A.R.T/etc.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just so you know, by this point, I’ve touched most everyone’s B.A.L.L.S. and gently packaged them into their sacks.

These things are pretty cool. We took a
ho-hum mount and made it a sweet looking accessory!

C3BE9731-6224-4BFF-81E0-2A02A74D6E51.jpeg

A9DB192C-13C2-4672-8433-B627244F6179.jpeg
Sponsored

Badbrad

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just so you know, by this point, I’ve touched most everyone’s B.A.L.L.S. and gently packaged them into their sacks.

Ford Bronco AR | BAM & TAP Billet Rail Accessories (BRAs): B.A.L.L.S./F.A.R.T/etc. A9DB192C-13C2-4672-8433-B627244F6179

Ford Bronco AR | BAM & TAP Billet Rail Accessories (BRAs): B.A.L.L.S./F.A.R.T/etc. A9DB192C-13C2-4672-8433-B627244F6179
It almost looks like.... a Death Star.... #MayThe4thBeWithYou

FTNBubba

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curtis just got my B.A.L.L.S all safe in their sack and my wife instantly tried to take them from me, for her car of course.

Thanks Again these are awesome

03B76BEC-CF6A-4B0D-B9EF-1D635BB58BCB.jpeg

Sponsored

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My Balls are out for delivery.

Sorry...pointless post, but thought it was funny.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Received & Installed. Few pics showing the lowest profile B.A.L.L. install, the 67 Designs 20 mm ball the cleanest I could install it without an adapter, and my pocket computer holder (67 Designs arm with the G3 mount and one of my new B.A.L.L.S.). FYI - now that the weather has changed and I've been able to some good high speed desert runs and rocky trails the G3 magnetic mount has kept the phone in place. Hasn't popped off once under some serious vibration and bumps. I am using the full plate for maximum contact. The mag-safe strips probably would not be as strong. Just so much less metal in contact with the magnet.

Only one gripe, as you can see the bolt sticks down below slotted base. I like this install because it is as low as possible and is totally locked in place. To cover all bases you would need to include a shorter bolt. Off to the grinder I go.
Ford Bronco AR | BAM & TAP Billet Rail Accessories (BRAs): B.A.L.L.S./F.A.R.T/etc. IMG_2475
Ford Bronco AR | BAM & TAP Billet Rail Accessories (BRAs): B.A.L.L.S./F.A.R.T/etc. IMG_2472
Ford Bronco AR | BAM & TAP Billet Rail Accessories (BRAs): B.A.L.L.S./F.A.R.T/etc. IMG_2476

Gettyup

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt Mustang, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curtis .. Got my balls, Nice touch with the sacks for them. Any news on the D Handles yet?

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Received & Installed. Few pics showing the lowest profile B.A.L.L. install, the 67 Designs 20 mm ball the cleanest I could install it without an adapter, and my pocket computer holder (67 Designs arm with the G3 mount and one of my new B.A.L.L.S.). FYI - now that the weather has changed and I've been able to some good high speed desert runs and rocky trails the G3 magnetic mount has kept the phone in place. Hasn't popped off once under some serious vibration and bumps. I am using the full plate for maximum contact. The mag-safe strips probably would not be as strong. Just so much less metal in contact with the magnet.

Only one gripe, as you can see the bolt sticks down below slotted base. I like this install because it is as low as possible and is totally locked in place. To cover all bases you would need to include a shorter bolt. Off to the grinder I go.
Ford Bronco AR | BAM & TAP Billet Rail Accessories (BRAs): B.A.L.L.S./F.A.R.T/etc. IMG_2476
I see why you have threads protruding. You need to add the BALL CUP and plastic washer to your BALL. That’s the part with the AR lasered into it. That will take up the space and all will be right in the world. See the pic below for reference.

20CF9B5D-9208-48DE-B2A5-A644EC1E3AC8.jpeg

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Curtis .. Got my balls, Nice touch with the sacks for them. Any news on the D Handles yet?
After a stalemate at the powdercoater over color accuracy, -and just as a side note, there is not a direct match from Prismatic Powders to Ford OEM paint, but we, along with several of you (thank you!), got as close as we could get to match the colors- I pushed the coater hard to nail the colors.

So we’ve moved on from that. Coating is completing, then back to machining to get THE D post machined. This isn’t the MOSH D thread, but I know a lot of you have this awesome product, too, so an update here is okay.

Thank you for sticking with us on this one. We’re in uncharted territory, as far as interior billet parts being matched to OEM colors and post machining highlights. The fast and easy road would have been to just do all black everything and call it good. That’s not saucy enough for me, and I’m sure it’s not saucy enough for you either! When you do receive THE D, and you unpack it, you’ll realize why we took the added time and extra steps to make it what it is.

Sponsored

BroncoBill44

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No comment
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I see why you have threads protruding. You need to add the BALL CUP and plastic washer to your BALL. That’s the part with the AR lasered into it. That will take up the space and all will be right in the world. See the pic below for reference.

Ford Bronco AR | BAM & TAP Billet Rail Accessories (BRAs): B.A.L.L.S./F.A.R.T/etc. 20CF9B5D-9208-48DE-B2A5-A644EC1E3AC8
Does this also work the same way with the Rail that he is using? For picatinny? I haven't made the attempt after receiving, but Im about to.

Gettyup

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After a stalemate at the powdercoater over color accuracy, -and just as a side note, there is not a direct match from Prismatic Powders to Ford OEM paint, but we, along with several of you (thank you!), got as close as we could get to match the colors- I pushed the coater hard to nail the colors.

So we’ve moved on from that. Coating is completing, then back to machining to get THE D post machined. This isn’t the MOSH D thread, but I know a lot of you have this awesome product, too, so an update here is okay.

Thank you for sticking with us on this one. We’re in uncharted territory, as far as interior billet parts being matched to OEM colors and post machining highlights. The fast and easy road would have been to just do all black everything and call it good. That’s not saucy enough for me, and I’m sure it’s not saucy enough for you either! When you do receive THE D, and you unpack it, you’ll realize why we took the added time and extra steps to make it what it is.
Thanks Curtis! Love what your doing and your eye for detail. Haven’t received Bronco yet #novingang hoping not to old to enjoy it when I get it but for now parts are stacking up in the garage.
Again thank you.

PS I understand about the color match had some P51 wheels power coat to match the Anthracite on my original Bullitt wheels, finally came close.
AED77382-BCBF-4BE5-B795-3E9F8E8CAFFE.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks Curtis! Love what your doing and your eye for detail. Haven’t received Bronco yet #novingang hoping not to old to enjoy it when I get it but for now parts are stacking up in the garage.
Again thank you.

PS I understand about the color match had some P51 wheels power coat to match the Anthracite on my original Bullitt wheels, finally came close.
Ford Bronco AR | BAM & TAP Billet Rail Accessories (BRAs): B.A.L.L.S./F.A.R.T/etc. AED77382-BCBF-4BE5-B795-3E9F8E8CAFFE
Oh sweet! We have an S197 too. I’ve never really been into that body style of Mustang until we got ours, late last summer. We campaign it in a west coast endurance racing series. It’s an old NASA TT2 national championship car, aka really fast.

F96E3E65-B126-4945-BC87-6DDDCF772118.jpeg

38394E52-648F-4ED5-B308-A3A0A0AF27F0.jpeg

BB948D2B-0EE8-4D96-B81D-18C786127AA6.jpeg

68E0273A-044C-47C9-A423-92CC07D58C1F.jpeg

3A3519F6-BAB5-4A5E-94DD-29018AE99B2C.jpeg

Gettyup

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh sweet! We have an S197 too. I’ve never really been into that body style of Mustang until we got ours, late last summer. We campaign it in a west coast endurance racing series. It’s an old NASA TT2 national championship car, aka really fast.

F96E3E65-B126-4945-BC87-6DDDCF772118.jpeg

38394E52-648F-4ED5-B308-A3A0A0AF27F0.jpeg

BB948D2B-0EE8-4D96-B81D-18C786127AA6.jpeg

NICE!! 😎

BroncoBill44

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No comment
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@EIGHTLUG

A couple of things.

1) What is the point of the cups while using the Picatinny rail (AR TAP)? The cup negates the purpose. Then you have the bolt showing underneath just like @pakrat

2) The bolt thread doesn’t seem to match the nut. When you screw them in to the bottom nut alone - it wobbles inside which seems smaller than it should?

3) I snugged these in and now cannot remove them as the bolt using a hex 2.5. The bolt appears soft and now can’t undo it. :(

570F6BFB-6EC7-43FF-AE82-491F212F4FB7.jpeg

06BCD44F-1F5A-4C17-9731-25AB95D11A2B.jpeg
Sponsored