First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And we’re off! The six main billet mounts are squared away. We’ll continue to hone in on the proper dimensions for the rack itself. We’ll machine our own billet corner sections for a seamless look.

The forward mounts will have hidden mounting hardware, where it secures at the windshield frame, for a ultra clean aesthetic. The exposed hardware is actually mount locations for the carbon wind screen and light bar. Both items will be optional and able to be added post purchase. Little to no branding or logos, so far. You'll just know what it is when you see it. And that's just the way we like it.
image_6487327(5).JPG
I'm looking forward to hearing/seeing more on this! Especially regarding wind noise. My BRaptor got scheduled for the end of January, so this may be just in time!!
Sponsored

rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands SAS, 2017 Lexus RX350 F-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I too am still waiting for an option for soft top. One that can allow the top to fully retract even with the rack mounted. Similar to what these guys are doing / will do, if they get around to it. https://22winty.com/

Just enough rack to hold the basics or a cargo carrier, etc. No, I won't be camping on top of it but I don't need too. In a different thread they recently stated they will be asking ~$2800 for base model without accessories or shipping so that was a little hard to swallow, but hey, someone's gotta start somewhere I suppose. DEF am in love with the design/concept though.

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Soft top plzzzzz

scottsil

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And we’re off! The six main billet mounts are squared away. We’ll continue to hone in on the proper dimensions for the rack itself. We’ll machine our own billet corner sections for a seamless look.

The forward mounts will have hidden mounting hardware, where it secures at the windshield frame, for a ultra clean aesthetic. The exposed hardware is actually mount locations for the carbon wind screen and light bar. Both items will be optional and able to be added post purchase. Little to no branding or logos, so far. You'll just know what it is when you see it. And that's just the way we like it.

image_6487327(6).JPG
image_6487327(4).JPG
image_6487327(5).JPG
Looking good! Digging the simplicity, very refreshing.

Do you know if the rack itself will be offered in black or just the raw aluminum? Also any sense of timeline? Hoping to have a rack on my Bronco by the spring and holding out for this one. 😃

Sponsored
OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looking good! Digging the simplicity, very refreshing.

Do you know if the rack itself will be offered in black or just the raw aluminum? Also any sense of timeline? Hoping to have a rack on my Bronco by the spring and holding out for this one. 😃
Black and raw aluminum will be available at launch. If you’re shooting for spring, your timeline is money 👌🏽

Wait until you see this this design. I can’t believe there are companies that are known for roof racks and there is so much meat left on the bone for a AR to just mop up on.

Gettyup

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt Mustang, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Black and raw aluminum will be available at launch. If you’re shooting for spring, your timeline is money 👌🏽

Wait until you see this this design. I can’t believe there are companies that are known for roof racks and there is so much meat left on the bone for a AR to just mop up on.
🍖💰

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The cross bars are not flush with the external frame, so we couldn’t put a roof top tent on this rack, any idea why?
The cross bars can be mounted in either position; flush with the frame or 1" lower to create a 'rim' for other accessories. That's a feature of the configurable/modular design. ;)

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We need this for soft top!!!!

Sponsored

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I too am still waiting for an option for soft top. One that can allow the top to fully retract even with the rack mounted. Similar to what these guys are doing / will do, if they get around to it. https://22winty.com/

Just enough rack to hold the basics or a cargo carrier, etc. No, I won't be camping on top of it but I don't need too. In a different thread they recently stated they will be asking ~$2800 for base model without accessories or shipping so that was a little hard to swallow, but hey, someone's gotta start somewhere I suppose. DEF am in love with the design/concept though.
I agree with you 💯, being able to fully retract the top will be key. At $2800 that’s double than many full length racks already available. If someone comes up with an option for a better price point they will sell some racks for sure!

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I agree with you 💯, being able to fully retract the top will be key. At $2800 that’s double than many full length racks already available. If someone comes up with an option for a better price point they will sell some racks for sure!
I guess some caveats for a design like this would be: you could only flip the top back with the roof rack unloaded/you may need to sacrifice 'some' not a lot of overall rigidity on the rack/If I got fancy, I could probably make it gas shock assisted

Let me kick this around and sketch something up.

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess some caveats for a design like this would be: you could only flip the top back with the roof rack unloaded/you may need to sacrifice 'some' not a lot of overall rigidity on the rack/If I got fancy, I could probably make it gas shock assisted

Let me kick this around and sketch something up.
Awesome!! Looking forward to it!

Sthomasson72

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

eight

image_6487327(6).JPG
image_6487327(4).JPG
image_6487327(5).JPG
Any updates on this rack design?

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
eight

Any updates on this rack design?
Parts are being programmed for machining. We'll have the two door and four door ready for mock up and testing around late February.

I guess this would be a good time to also ask, if there is a hard top two door in the area (PNW) that wants to run/use a rack for a while, let me know.
Sponsored