Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm 69, 5'4", 130 lbs; took my test drive in a Bronco w/35" tires (SAS), and I had no difficulty at all getting in. I have a '21 Trail Boss; same deal. I don't get how people who are 6' tall need a step. Sure, it'll be a little more convenient, but it seems ridiculous to pay $400-500 for 2-4" (that's what she said) less reach; I'll put 100 gallons of gas in and go somewhere first!
there are always better/more practical things to do with money, if you can afford and it meets your criteria it why not enjoy it? i'd argue 75% or more that have SAS will never offroad or really use the front lockers.

here's a few things off the top of my head.

• like the look
  • makes it easier to get in
  • people with injuries or disabilities
  • kids
  • easier to remove the top or access a roof rack
  • chopper gunner effect with the doors off
  • enjoys getting pants dirty getting in
Sponsored

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
there are always better/more practical things to do with money, if you can afford and it meets your criteria it why not enjoy it? i'd argue 75% or more that have SAS will never offroad or really use the front lockers.

here's a few things off the top of my head.

• like the look
  • makes it easier to get in
  • people with injuries or disabilities
  • kids
  • easier to remove the top or access a roof rack
  • chopper gunner effect with the doors off
  • enjoys getting pants dirty getting in
I see your points, and they're all valid. Can you hang a .50 in the door mount to really get that chopper gunner effect?

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco AR | STIRRUP®  OEM Rail Fitment, Billet Aluminum Side Step - Brongo6G Exclusive Part IMG_0259
Ford Bronco AR | STIRRUP®  OEM Rail Fitment, Billet Aluminum Side Step - Brongo6G Exclusive Part IMG_0258
Less than Two months in and these things look like crap. Notice how the "black" brackets are now bronze or brown in color? I mean, really? The finish is only good for a month or two?
Look, I'll be honest that I am not the happiest camper with these side steps since I waited months to get them with several delays in between. I wanted them for several off-roading trips and they didn't arrive for that, so what you are seeing in the picture is not because they have been abused or covered in mud. They haven't. They've only seen light duty driving since I installed them, maybe 500 miles. Anyway, added to their unappealing finish is the fact that they really aren't that useful or convenient when getting into the Bronco.
Bottom line is that they are coming off the vehicle this morning. I may consider getting some full length side steps but, for now, these things are being relegated to the "why did I buy that" bin. 🤷

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco AR | STIRRUP®  OEM Rail Fitment, Billet Aluminum Side Step - Brongo6G Exclusive Part IMG_0258
Less than Two months in and these things look like crap. Notice how the "black" brackets are now bronze or brown in color? I mean, really? The finish is only good for a month or two?
Look, I'll be honest that I am not the happiest camper with these side steps since I waited months to get them with several delays in between. I wanted them for several off-roading trips and they didn't arrive for that, so what you are seeing in the picture is not because they have been abused or covered in mud. They haven't. They've only seen light duty driving since I installed them, maybe 500 miles. Anyway, added to their unappealing finish is the fact that they really aren't that useful or convenient when getting into the Bronco.
Bottom line is that they are coming off the vehicle this morning. I may consider getting some full length side steps but, for now, these things are being relegated to the "why did I buy that" bin. 🤷
It’s good to know that others have a ‘why did I buy that’ bin. Sorry these didn’t work out for you.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you read back a few posts, they are fully aware of the bad batch and replacing brackets. Poor anodizing. Reach out to [email protected]

I find them extremely useful and like that I can quickly unbolt if needed on a rough trail. You may need to adjust your positioning to suit your needs.

Sponsored

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They just replaced mine for the same problem, no questions asked-super helpful...optimistic the new ones won't "bronze"

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What you're seeing is Type II anodized parts affected by UV. Why we received a run of anodized parts instead of the specified black textured powdercoat, same as the STIRRUP, we don't know. We are finishing all the parts either locally or in house now, to tighten down on quality control. We are replacing all reported clamps that have bronzed, no questions asked. Just send the email to [email protected]

As far as their usefulness as a step, that's totally subjective to the user. We often receive emails about how useful and well thought out the STIRRUPS are. Like I said, totally subjective. It's a viable enough product, that others copy it.

22badlandsquatchguy

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Send it!
AR | STIRRUP®

Both solid black and decked are in stock and ready to ship!​

==========================================================

The BRONCO community asked for it and we went to work! After reviewing what was shared from last year's SEMA Bronco, there was plenty of room for improvement, both in design and function.

Made from a sizeable chunk of 6061 billet, the STIRRUP is very beefy part and it will look right at home on an overland build, trail conquering rig, or your daily driver. It's five inches of width will give your boot or shoe a proper platform to assist you in climbing up in the saddle. The entire part is coated in RAL 9011 Graphite Black, then post machined to remove the coating from the top surface and reveal the raw billet aluminum and provide a very classy contrast. This will also give the STIRRUP years and years of rugged good looks. The more you step on the the more naturally worn the aluminum will look but it won't affect the Graphite Black coating.

The STIRRUP is mounted to your OEM rocker rail with M8 and M10 316 stainless fasteners. A single M8 bolt alone has 110,000 PSI tensile strength! The STIRRUP is definitely more solid than the rail it's mounted to. With its coating and the use of aluminum and stainless, the STIRRUP will require little maintenance and it will last the life of your Bronco.

The STIRRUP will be sold in pairs. This will also be a BRONCO6G exclusive part, at launch, and B6G members will always be eligible for the 20% discount. We're going to handle the purchasing a little differently this time....

AR | STIRRUP Clamp Bracket

Renders are below. The Clamp Bracket is standard. Both the 2" drop location and standard height (more even with the top of the OEM slider, are available on the Clamp Bracket.

Pricing:

Retail price for the AR | STIRRUP is $494.43

BRONCO6G members are eligible for a 20% discount, making the price per pair: $395.55

NOW TO THE FUN PART:

If you would like to pre-order your STIRRUP pair or set of four now, here's what you'll need to do.

1. Reply in this thread: SEND IT!

2. We will PM you with a one time use code for the ARCHETYPE RACING website.

3. Go to the link, also provided in the PM, to the STIRRUP, and you'll be able to check out with the BRONCO6G 20% discount.

4. Spam F5 on the tracking link, once you have it, while you're waiting for your STIRRUPS to arrive.

[/QUO
AR | STIRRUP®

The BRONCO community asked for it and we went to work! After reviewing what was shared from last year's SEMA Bronco, there was plenty of room for improvement, both in design and function.

Made from a sizeable chunk of 6061 billet, the STIRRUP is very beefy part and it will look right at home on an overland build, trail conquering rig, or your daily driver. It's five inches of width will give your boot or shoe a proper platform to assist you in climbing up in the saddle. The entire part is coated in RAL 9011 Graphite Black, then post machined to remove the coating from the top surface and reveal the raw billet aluminum and provide a very classy contrast. This will also give the STIRRUP years and years of rugged good looks. The more you step on the the more naturally worn the aluminum will look but it won't affect the Graphite Black coating.

The STIRRUP is mounted to your OEM rocker rail with M8 and M10 316 stainless fasteners. A single M8 bolt alone has 110,000 PSI tensile strength! The STIRRUP is definitely more solid than the rail it's mounted to. With its coating and the use of aluminum and stainless, the STIRRUP will require little maintenance and it will last the life of your Bronco.

The STIRRUP will be sold in pairs. This will also be a BRONCO6G exclusive part, at launch, and B6G members will always be eligible for the 20% discount. We're going to handle the purchasing a little differently this time....

Renders are below. The Clamp Bracket is standard. Both the 2" drop location and standard height (more even with the top of the OEM slider, are available on the Clamp Bracket.

Pricing:

BRONCO6G members are eligible for a 20% discount, making the price per pair: $395.55

NOW TO THE FUN PART:

If you would like to pre-order your STIRRUP pair or set of four now, here's what you'll need to do.

3. Go to the link, also provided in the PM, to the STIRRUP, and you'll be able to check out with the BRONCO6G 20% discount.

4. Spam F5 on the tracking link, once you have it, while you're waiting for your STIRRUPS to arrive.

SEND IT

22badlandsquatchguy

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
AR | STIRRUP®

Pricing:

NOW TO THE FUN PART:

Send it

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think this product is cool, and I especially appreciated following the live development of it, but I learned my lesson with Jeeps—no aftermarket parts…for a reason!

I only buy OEM parts and will gladly overpay for them.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hit the passenger rear step descending a rock today - much to my surprise it looks like I didn’t scrape any powder coat and it just flipped the clamp off the rail a bit. A little pressure on the step and it set back in place. Guess I should go around and tighten the clamp bolts…I’m probably going to remove the steps all together when hitting a rocky trail.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Selling my set of AR billet side steps (black with silver finish on step) which are about 6 weeks old. They’re not my cup of tea but if you are planning on buying a set then this could be your chance to save some moola.
AR just sent me a new set of black anodized brackets to replace the originals whose finish had faded prematurely.
If interested then message me for cost and details.

JimiRads

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond, MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
AR | STIRRUP®

Pricing:

NOW TO THE FUN PART:

SEND IT!

DEbroncos

First Edition
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My wife is finally able to get into the Bronco easily now. For that alone makes it worth it.

20220612_124331.jpg

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My wife is finally able to get into the Bronco easily now. For that alone makes it worth it.

Ford Bronco AR | STIRRUP®  OEM Rail Fitment, Billet Aluminum Side Step - Brongo6G Exclusive Part 20220612_124331
Wow, very rare 2021 Bronco you have there, Sir.
Sponsored