Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone else having their black finish flake off already?

Only had em on for 6ish months wondering if that's normal or not. If normal what's the best way to patch it?

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Only had em on for 6ish months wondering if that's normal or not. If normal what's the best way to patch it?
Is this on the step or the clamp? The steps, across the board are powdercoat. There was a run of anodized clamps that bronzed in the sun. What you're talking about sounds different. If you're having an issue with the powdercoat, outside of normal wear, we'll replace it. Just send an email to [email protected], include pictures, and we'll get it handled for you.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is this on the step or the clamp? The steps, across the board are powdercoat. There was a run of anodized clamps that bronzed in the sun. What you're talking about sounds different. If you're having an issue with the powdercoat, outside of normal wear, we'll replace it. Just send an email to [email protected], include pictures, and we'll get it handled for you.
Ford Bronco AR | STIRRUP®  OEM Rail Fitment, Billet Aluminum Side Step - Brongo6G Exclusive Part 20220628_190328

That normal wear? (Genuinely asking)

Maybe 1,000km on em since March since install (only got 5,000km total on the Bronco). Not babied, but I work in and office and wear dress shoes everyday, got front front mud flaps so shouldn't be seeing too much rocks.

I'm not complaining btw genuinely curious, super happy with em either way.

Sponsored
OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford Bronco AR | STIRRUP®  OEM Rail Fitment, Billet Aluminum Side Step - Brongo6G Exclusive Part 20220628_190328

That normal wear? (Genuinely asking)

Maybe 1,000km on em since March since install (only got 5,000km total on the Bronco). Not babied, but I work in and office and wear dress shoes everyday, got front front mud flaps so shouldn't be seeing too much rocks.

I'm not complaining btw genuinely curious, super happy with em either way.
I think we'll just swap you out with the STIRRUPS we're powdercoating local. Just send an email to [email protected], and we'll get it handled for you.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I had the same issue. While I really wanted the all black steps - AR was nice enough to send me replacements and I went with the machined finish version to avoid this in the future (they’re not cheap!). I really enjoy the steps myself and wish the black ones could handle the rocks and gravel I’d be throwing at them - but, in the end it’s paint. Unless the locally powder coated version is MUCH more durable - I’d suggest the machined. Looking forward fo feedback.

Side note: Tracy and the PitCrew team are an absolute pleasure to work with. Super accommodating.

Pal Force

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra, Macan, Bullitt, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Send it !!

Sponsored

coupon_ninja

Badlands
First Name
Abby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 2D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My clamps are bronzing, is there any remedy for that?

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My clamps are bronzing, is there any remedy for that?
My clamps are actually greening. Matches the Eruption Green quite well, I think. :LOL:

You simply have to e-mail [email protected] and request replacements. My replacement clamps arrive tomorrow.

Ford Bronco AR | STIRRUP®  OEM Rail Fitment, Billet Aluminum Side Step - Brongo6G Exclusive Part A9EBE916-C02D-49D7-8F70-EA99D6356C8F

Ford Bronco AR | STIRRUP®  OEM Rail Fitment, Billet Aluminum Side Step - Brongo6G Exclusive Part E44D3C15-5976-4940-8C8C-7806135834B9
Sponsored