Sponsored

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are there multiple levels I can put these at? I read about a 2 inch drop but I does seem to see how. I installed mine yesterday and they are really high. Even my 8 and 10 year olds said without my prompting, “ these are really high, they are too far forward”. Which I replied that’s how they were designed, there is a bump out in the rock rail that does not allow them to go further back. They replied, “why didn’t they design these differently, weren’t they designed for this bronco”….
What am I missing, why do my kids get this?

yes they look great but functionality, they are not in the right place and are too high. It is more awkward to step on them and then try to climb down in the bronco. I feel like I am crawling into my bronco vs stepping up and I’m like ever step designed I’ve ever used.

I may be opting to go with a rock rail with motorized step. MN folks, I will let you know if I will have these for sale shortly.

would love to hear if I am just missing something, I have them placed at 21 off front and 16.5 off the rear.The high is same as most I’ve seen so far above .
Sponsored

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Are there multiple levels I can put these at? I read about a 2 inch drop but I does seem to see how. I installed mine yesterday and they are really high. Even my 8 and 10 year olds said without my prompting, “ these are really high, they are too far forward”. Which I replied that’s how they were designed, there is a bump out in the rock rail that does not allow them to go further back. They replied, “why didn’t they design these differently, weren’t they designed for this bronco”….

yes they look great but functionality, they are not in the right place and are too high. It is more awkward to step on them and then try to climb down in the bronco. I feel like I am crawling into my bronco vs stepping up and I’m like ever step designed I’ve ever used.

I may be opting to go with a rock rail with motorized step. MN folks, I will let you know if I will have these for sale shortly.

would love to hear if I am just missing something, I have them placed at 21 off front and 16.5 off the rear.The high is same as most I’ve seen so far above .
Some pics might help to see if something is amiss with the install.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My post from yesterday shows the STIRRUP with the 2" drop, which is how the brackets arrived. Does yours look like mine or is the STIRRUP higher?

Arblanco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2019 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Send it!

Just bought a 2021 Badlands off the showroom for MSRP as the wife's new ride. We got lucky. Doing some research and these are a definite must. I'm impressed with the transparency and responses from Curtis. I went through all 91 pages of this thread so that I didn't have to ask any silly questions. I'll put in an order and get into the queue. Well done and thanks to all for sharing pics of the first shipments.

Sponsored

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Chiming in just to give people some context.

I'm 5'11, 165. Step 21 1/4" from the front rail is *chefs kiss*. Lets me plant, step and flop right on to the seat.

The adjustment is super underrated cause you can position it exactly where your maneuver requires. Difference is night and day

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had mine on for a few days now and love them. I installed them at the high setting because I preferred the look, but that also made the install easier since they can hang from the rail. After using them for two days I decided to drop them to the low mount and it feeIs much more natural using it as a step. At the high mount, they felt almost in my way when getting out. Overall, I am super happy with them!

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would someone with a 4dr be willing to show one high and one low?

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford Bronco AR | STIRRUP®  OEM Rail Fitment, Billet Aluminum Side Step - Brongo6G Exclusive Part image

looks the same to me
I would say your install appears correct. You even have the black hardware.

Odd that you're experiencing issues with ingress/egress, though. If it's the back door, you have two options with where they can be placed. You can move the Clamps to the left and center mount holes on the STIRRUP and mount the Clamps on the rail to the rear or the mounting bracket. This will move them back, significantly. It's worth a try.

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine came yesterday. Awesome product!!!!! Great style and workmanship. Thank you for all of your designed products!!!
Sponsored