Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
AR | STIRRUP

The BRONCO community asked for it and we went to work! After reviewing what was shared from last year's SEMA Bronco, there was plenty of room for improvement, both in design and function.

Made from a sizeable chunk of 6061 billet, the STIRRUP is very beefy part and it will look right at home on an overland build, trail conquering rig, or your daily driver. It's five inches of width will give your boot or shoe a proper platform to assist you in climbing up in the saddle. The entire part is coated in RAL 9011 Graphite Black, then post machined to remove the coating from the top surface and reveal the raw billet aluminum and provide a very classy contrast. This will also give the STIRRUP years and years of rugged good looks. The more you step on the the more naturally worn the aluminum will look but it won't affect the Graphite Black coating.

The STIRRUP is mounted to your OEM rocker rail with M8 and M10 316 stainless fasteners. A single M8 bolt alone has 110,000 PSI tensile strength! The STIRRUP is definitely more solid than the rail it's mounted to. With its coating and the use of aluminum and stainless, the STIRRUP will require little maintenance and it will last the life of your Bronco.

The STIRRUP will be sold in pairs. This will also be a BRONCO6G exclusive part, at launch, and B6G members will always be eligible for the 20% discount. We're going to handle the purchasing a little differently this time....

AR | STIRRUP DROP BRACKET

Renders are below. The drop available from the standard STIRRUP is difference making 2". The drop bracket is substantially larger than the standard bracket. The STIRRUP Drop Bracket has been updated to the listing on the website as an option. For the majority of use cases the 2" drop would make a lot of sense.

The Drop Brackets retain all of the same ruggedness of the standard brackets. The exact same rail mount locations are used between the two brackets. So if for any reason you want to swap to a drop bracket down the road, it's a simple order and install deal. The Drop Brackets retain all of the same ruggedness of the standard brackets. They do hang down just that little bit more, so that's something to keep in mind if you do happen to find that trail with large rocks.

Drop Brackets are added to the website as both an option and will also be added later as a stand alone product. If you already have the STIRRUPS on order but want the Drop Brackets instead, email [email protected] with your Order Number. We'll make the note to your order on the back end so you receive the brackets you want, but you'll check out on the website for the new brackets, if it turns out that there's a substantial cost difference. There is no cost difference to change your order to the Drop Bracket.
View attachment 207837 View attachment 207838

Pricing:

Retail price for the AR | STIRRUP is $494.43

BRONCO6G members are eligible for a 20% discount, making the price per pair: $395.55

NOW TO THE FUN PART:

If you would like to pre-order your STIRRUP pair or set of four now, here's what you'll need to do.

1. Reply in this thread: SEND IT!

2. We will PM you with a one time use code for the ARCHETYPE RACING website.

3. Go to the link, also provided in the PM, to the STIRRUP, and you'll be able to check out with the BRONCO6G 20% discount.

4. Spam F5 on the tracking link, once you have it, while you're waiting for your STIRRUPS to arrive.
View attachment 194217 View attachment 194216
View attachment 192340 View attachment 192341
Send it!

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They look great but $800 for 4 little steps is crazy
I wish they were wider. 5" is pretty small. 8" would have been better. I get the cost....milled out of a block of expensive aluminum. With inflation....everything is up.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands '07 Grand Prix GXP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish they were wider. 5" is pretty small. 8" would have been better. I get the cost....milled out of a block of expensive aluminum. With inflation....everything is up.
I get it. Thankfully by the time my Bronco shows up these mew products will be coming down lol.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'll get some pictures together of them fitted up. The 5" width is pretty practical and useful.

I'll get some data together too on what a 5" step will look like and an estimate on cost. It's definitely going to be more. When we machine, it's in three dimensions. It's essentially 50% more material and machining time. The brackets will all cross over.

ricstang

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll get some pictures together of them fitted up. The 5" width is pretty practical and useful.

I'll get some data together too on what a 5" step will look like and an estimate on cost. It's definitely going to be more. When we machine, it's in three dimensions. It's essentially 50% more material and machining time. The brackets will all cross over.
When we will see pictures of the actual stirrup on a Bronco? Thanks!

Sponsored

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@EIGHTLUG I was thinking what’s the price for all 4 mounting options. If it’s that easy to swap out might be real nice to have options.

Last edited:

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They look great but $800 for 4 little steps is crazy
Not all that crazy when you see what the cost of steel is as of now and these are made in USA quality product

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands '07 Grand Prix GXP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not all that crazy when you see what the cost of steel is as of now and these are made in USA quality product
I work in manufacturing I'm aware of material costs

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

AR | STIRRUP

The BRONCO community asked for it and we went to work! After reviewing what was shared from last year's SEMA Bronco, there was plenty of room for improvement, both in design and function.

Made from a sizeable chunk of 6061 billet, the STIRRUP is very beefy part and it will look right at home on an overland build, trail conquering rig, or your daily driver. It's five inches of width will give your boot or shoe a proper platform to assist you in climbing up in the saddle. The entire part is coated in RAL 9011 Graphite Black, then post machined to remove the coating from the top surface and reveal the raw billet aluminum and provide a very classy contrast. This will also give the STIRRUP years and years of rugged good looks. The more you step on the the more naturally worn the aluminum will look but it won't affect the Graphite Black coating.

The STIRRUP is mounted to your OEM rocker rail with M8 and M10 316 stainless fasteners. A single M8 bolt alone has 110,000 PSI tensile strength! The STIRRUP is definitely more solid than the rail it's mounted to. With its coating and the use of aluminum and stainless, the STIRRUP will require little maintenance and it will last the life of your Bronco.

The STIRRUP will be sold in pairs. This will also be a BRONCO6G exclusive part, at launch, and B6G members will always be eligible for the 20% discount. We're going to handle the purchasing a little differently this time....

AR | STIRRUP DROP BRACKET

Renders are below. The drop available from the standard STIRRUP is difference making 2". The drop bracket is substantially larger than the standard bracket. The STIRRUP Drop Bracket has been updated to the listing on the website as an option. For the majority of use cases the 2" drop would make a lot of sense.

The Drop Brackets retain all of the same ruggedness of the standard brackets. The exact same rail mount locations are used between the two brackets. So if for any reason you want to swap to a drop bracket down the road, it's a simple order and install deal. The Drop Brackets retain all of the same ruggedness of the standard brackets. They do hang down just that little bit more, so that's something to keep in mind if you do happen to find that trail with large rocks.

Drop Brackets are added to the website as both an option and will also be added later as a stand alone product. If you already have the STIRRUPS on order but want the Drop Brackets instead, email [email protected] with your Order Number. We'll make the note to your order on the back end so you receive the brackets you want, but you'll check out on the website for the new brackets, if it turns out that there's a substantial cost difference. There is no cost difference to change your order to the Drop Bracket.
View attachment 207837 View attachment 207838

Pricing:

Retail price for the AR | STIRRUP is $494.43

BRONCO6G members are eligible for a 20% discount, making the price per pair: $395.55

NOW TO THE FUN PART:

If you would like to pre-order your STIRRUP pair or set of four now, here's what you'll need to do.

1. Reply in this thread: SEND IT!

2. We will PM you with a one time use code for the ARCHETYPE RACING website.

3. Go to the link, also provided in the PM, to the STIRRUP, and you'll be able to check out with the BRONCO6G 20% discount.

4. Spam F5 on the tracking link, once you have it, while you're waiting for your STIRRUPS to arrive.
View attachment 194217 View attachment 194216
View attachment 192340 View attachment 192341
Send It.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I work in manufacturing I'm aware of material costs
There's also 3D scanning cost, scan modeling cost, part design cost, rapid prototype cost, pre-production part cost, CNC machine programming cost, CNC tooling cost, 6061 raw material cost, raw material delivery cost, CNC machining cost, shipping to finisher cost, anodizing, cerakoting, or powdercoating cost, return shipping from finisher cost, CNC post machining cost, shipping materials cost, shipping to customer cost.

That's not even getting into all of the background costs like shop rent or property costs, utilities, employees, machine costs, tooling replacement cost, shop infrastructure cost, ... shall I continue? Sure, if you grab a STIRRUP and look at it purely in its intrinsic value, it's much less than the sticker price. And yes, material cost is a fair percentage of the overall cost, but there is so much more that goes into creating and producing that one part in your hand.
Sponsored