First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Fantastic looking step stirrups. Hopefully priced so us 4dr owners can afford two sets.
They will be. I'm one of those future four door owners, too.

Sponsored

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@EIGHTLUG super cool!

Just trying to visualize the rockrail cross-section to figure how these are locking in place. I’m assuming the angles you designed in are kind of like a spring clamp when the bolts are torqued down.

Or something else. Are those rivet nuts and we need to drill the rail for attachment?

Ford Bronco AR | STIRRUP®  OEM Rail Fitment, Billet Aluminum Side Step - Brongo6G Exclusive Part 9D23451B-25D4-4BF3-A3DD-245C23E17D1E

Last edited:

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Send it. To me. With its mate. Please. Hurry.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that looks very good, exciting to see! Can't wait to see a photo and how these do install. Seems like a must have to me. thanks for the teaser!

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@EIGHTLUG super cool!

Just trying to visualize the rockrail cross-section to figure how these are locking in place. I’m assuming the angles you designed in are kind of like a spring clamp when the bolts are torqued down.

Or something else. Are those rivet nuts and we need to drill the rail for attachment?

Ford Bronco AR | STIRRUP®  OEM Rail Fitment, Billet Aluminum Side Step - Brongo6G Exclusive Part 9D23451B-25D4-4BF3-A3DD-245C23E17D1E
I'm having a bit of an issue picturing it too, so thanks for asking the question.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm having a bit of an issue picturing it too, so thanks for asking the question.
Yes, for mounting, you will mock up the mount brackets to the step and position it on the rail where you see fit. There will be dimensional guidelines in the installation instructions to help you out. Once the mounts are mocked up, you will use a center punch to mark the six drill locations then drill.

I've debated on through bolts or just tapping the hole. Without knowing how thick that rail wall is and the quality of the steel, I opted not to just drill and tap. Using through bolts is possible, just really gangly, since the opposite face of the drill hole isn't perpendicular.

The best option is inserting stainless steel M8 twist resistant rivet nuts. Using a stainless fastener and a stainless rivet nut will reduce galvanic corrosion of the hardware. You can also add anti-seize for good measure. If you ever wanted to fully remove the entire step and brackets, it would always come apart easily and leave you with a near perfectly flush surface on the top and sides for those rock crawling outings.

Sponsored

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, for mounting, you will mock up the mount brackets to the step and position it on the rail where you see fit. There will be dimensional guidelines in the installation instructions to help you out. Once the mounts are mocked up, you will use a center punch to mark the six drill locations then drill.

I've debated on through bolts or just tapping the hole. Without knowing how thick that rail wall is and the quality of the steel, I opted not to just drill and tap. Using through bolts is possible, just really gangly, since the opposite face of the drill hole isn't perpendicular.

The best option is inserting stainless steel M8 twist resistant rivet nuts. Using a stainless fastener and a stainless rivet nut will reduce galvanic corrosion of the hardware. You can also add anti-seize for good measure. If you ever wanted to fully remove the entire step and brackets, it would always come apart easily and leave you with a near perfectly flush surface on the top and sides for those rock crawling outings.
@EIGHTLUG I really like where this is going and will be a great item, have you thought about figuring out how to possibly “pinch” it on to the rock rail vrs having to drill it. I wonder if you could make it a clasp that grabs the rail and attach this step to the clasp. That way you could move it up and down the rail as needed, almost a picatinny rail type device If you will. Could kinda stay with the theme of what you have started.

just spitballing here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the clarification on the mounting. Pretty clean install with the rivet nuts even when removed. I do think a bunch of people were hoping for some type of bracket that could be slid on from the ends of the rock rails or clamped around it. Just FYI. I still like it though.👍🏾

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know you're all anxious and so am I!

We're working on vehicle renders now. Here's what I can give you. I know it's getting late on the east coast.

Below is the Engineering Drawing for the STIRRUP along with some detailed textured renderings from Solidworks of the STIRRUP. It's a chunky modular mount billet aluminum step. Design language that lends itself to the BRONCO and other angular accessories like aftermarket bumpers. Being at shin to knee height, the faces are contoured to not be so blunt. I know your kids will want to climb up into the BRONCO all by themselves, so all of the edges are chamfered to eliminate anything sharp.

In total, there are six M8 screws that mount the three modular brackets to the OEM rail. From there, three M10 bolts mount the STIRRUP to the brackets. It's designed to be as bomb proof as necessary. Can you hit the trails with the STIRRUP mounted? Sure. The wall thickness on the step is substantial. I'm talking 10-12mm thick. Far more beef than a billet aluminum wheel.... But removing it isn't much of a chore either.

Let me know what you think or any questions you may have. If you're wondering, yes. It can be done all in black, if that's what you like. What you see as silver is the post machined decking op. This just saves the finish from the daily abuse of shoes and boots on the top surface.

ENG Drawing.png

Bronco - STIRRUP - 1-1.jpg
Bronco - STIRRUP - 1-2.jpg
Any chance you would show a mockup of what it would look mounted? Maybe someone would volunteer their Bronco as a test Bronco so we could see one in action.
Also, how much weight will it hold? Will the rail be able to support it? Thanks!

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Any chance you would show a mockup of what it would look mounted? Maybe someone would volunteer their Bronco as a test Bronco so we could see one in action.
Also, how much weight will it hold? Will the rail be able to support it? Thanks!
I’m working on that now. The step print by itself was a 24 hour print job. It came out pretty good. I also printed the three mounts. I’ll get it all mocked up, ASAP!

As for weight capacity…. Basically, if you can place it on the step, it will hold it. If the STIRRUP is coming off, it’s probably going to bring the rail with it.
Ford Bronco AR | STIRRUP®  OEM Rail Fitment, Billet Aluminum Side Step - Brongo6G Exclusive Part D4FB7E09-5703-4E37-97A3-E4DFB943767B

Last edited:

BE5OME1

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 SXT 4x4, 1967 Mustang, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

AR | STIRRUP

The BRONCO community asked for it and we went to work! After reviewing what was shared from last year's SEMA Bronco, there was plenty of room for improvement, both in design and function.

Made from a sizeable chunk of 6061 billet, the STIRRUP is very beefy part and it will look right at home on an overland build, trail conquering rig, or your daily driver. It's five inches of width will give your boot or shoe a proper platform to assist you in climbing up in the saddle. The entire part is coated in RAL 9011 Graphite Black, then post machined to remove the coating from the top surface and reveal the raw billet aluminum and provide a very classy contrast. This will also give the STIRRUP years and years of rugged good looks. The more you step on the the more naturally worn the aluminum will look but it won't affect the Graphite Black coating.

The STIRRUP is mounted to your OEM rocker rail with M8 and M10 316 stainless fasteners. A single M8 bolt alone has 110,000 PSI tensile strength! The STIRRUP is definitely more solid than the rail it's mounted to. With its coating and the use of aluminum and stainless, the STIRRUP will require little maintenance and it will last the life of your Bronco.

The STIRRUP will be sold in pairs. This will also be a BRONCO6G exclusive part, at launch, and B6G members will always be eligible for the 20% discount. We're going to handle the purchasing a little differently this time. STIRRUP pricing, lead time, and purchasing info will be coming soon! The step is designed and we're working on the mounting bracket now. I'll have the official renders posted in this thread by week's end.
View attachment 192340 View attachment 192341
Yes Please I'd like two pair.
Sponsored