Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Need!

I'm 6'1" and it's a stretch to the ground on my sassy Bronco. Looking forward to seeing them.
My wife is 5’3-3/4” lol. She needs a step. I’m 6’1” and can manage but I’m also 52. Getting harder to clime in and out of vehicles.

rdg698

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@EIGHTLUG I really like where this is going and will be a great item, have you thought about figuring out how to possibly “pinch” it on to the rock rail vrs having to drill it. I wonder if you could make it a clasp that grabs the rail and attach this step to the clasp. That way you could move it up and down the rail as needed, almost a picatinny rail type device If you will. Could kinda stay with the theme of what you have started.

just spitballing here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I like this idea.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I like this idea.
C-clamp was the original design for the mounts. There are several things in the OEM rock rail that are working against us.
1) The rock rail isn’t a uniform shape from front to back.
2) There is too much draft on what would be the bottom clasping portion of the mount for the C clamp design to both wrap over the top of the rail and come around the bottom corner with enough length to make the bottom mount work.
3) The bottom of the rail isn’t smooth. So just sliding a C clamp style bracket on one end and sliding it across the rail to the desired location doesn’t appear possible.

Trust me. We contorted that rail in every angle. We had some boxes that needed to also be checked for any design to pass muster.

Due to the nature of our Broncos, durability is #1. It needs to handle anything you can throw at it. This is far beyond what you’ll encounter in normal street driving and daily use.

#2 It needs to be human interface friendly. Tough looking but also soft. All of the edges need to be broken. Most of the Broncos will be a family vehicle. It was designed with your little ones in mind.

#3 It needed to be ‘simple enough’ to install. When you install it and jump on it for the first time, I want you to be impressed and feel a sense of accomplishment. You just installed a solid piece of kit. You’ll also have piece of mind knowing that it’s going to be durable.

Last edited:

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RESERVED assuming a love it :) can't wait to get my Dash Rail!
These guys have great customer service if anybody is wondering! Super fast responce :)
Dash rail?

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So what kind of rust prevention would need to be done on the drilled holes in the rails? That's what worries me.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So what kind of rust prevention would need to be done on the drilled holes in the rails? That's what worries me.
Good question with a simple solution. Just insert the rivet nut with a dab of silicone. That will seal the new hole from the elements and prevent rust.

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even better than I expected. Hoping it’s in the budget. Agree with the earlier poster that if it’s similar price to new running boards I would probably go a different direction to upgrade to something that catches road debris as well.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bummer that a clamp on design is not possible, was hoping for that. I'm not ready to drill holes anywhere quite yet, I guess I'll wait and see how much my wife complains about getting in (she has her own car), my daughter and her friends actually love the climbing in process so far, we'll see how long that holds with a bunch of teens :-D

Really digging the refined design of these though, can't wait to see a production version mounted.

Also looking forward to what else you design for the Bronco, make a carbon fiber engine cover, lots of people seem to want something like that and would probably pay good money for it. I'm pretty impressed how quick you bring such well designed items to market!

DebbieEF

Black Diamond
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang and F250 SD truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

AR | STIRRUP

The BRONCO community asked for it and we went to work! After reviewing what was shared from last year's SEMA Bronco, there was plenty of room for improvement, both in design and function.

Made from a sizeable chunk of 6061 billet, the STIRRUP is very beefy part and it will look right at home on an overland build, trail conquering rig, or your daily driver. It's five inches of width will give your boot or shoe a proper platform to assist you in climbing up in the saddle. The entire part is coated in RAL 9011 Graphite Black, then post machined to remove the coating from the top surface and reveal the raw billet aluminum and provide a very classy contrast. This will also give the STIRRUP years and years of rugged good looks. The more you step on the the more naturally worn the aluminum will look but it won't affect the Graphite Black coating.

The STIRRUP is mounted to your OEM rocker rail with M8 and M10 316 stainless fasteners. A single M8 bolt alone has 110,000 PSI tensile strength! The STIRRUP is definitely more solid than the rail it's mounted to. With its coating and the use of aluminum and stainless, the STIRRUP will require little maintenance and it will last the life of your Bronco.

The STIRRUP will be sold in pairs. This will also be a BRONCO6G exclusive part, at launch, and B6G members will always be eligible for the 20% discount. We're going to handle the purchasing a little differently this time. STIRRUP pricing, lead time, and purchasing info will be coming soon! The step is designed and we're working on the mounting bracket now. I'll have the official renders posted in this thread by week's end.
View attachment 192340 View attachment 192341
I most definitely want to buy a pair if they bolt onto the rock rails (OEM) on my Black Diamond 2-door.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I needs two pairs for muh moar door 😎😎😎

I used to be afraid of drilling but I actually think these will be relatively easy to mark, tap, then drill the rivets in.

EIGHTLUG do you think it’ll be easier to tap/drill with the rails on the Bronco or will it be better to take them off it first?
Sponsored