Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I needs two pairs for muh moar door 😎😎😎

I used to be afraid of drilling but I actually think these will be relatively easy to mark, tap, then drill the rivets in.

EIGHTLUG do you think it’ll be easier to tap/drill with the rails on the Bronco or will it be better to take them off it first?
It's all been designed for the install to be performed with the rails mounted on the Bronco.
Sponsored

rdg698

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's all been designed for the install to be performed with the rails mounted on the Bronco.
Since I have the skills of a dead mongoose, who would be able to do this simple install for me? Probably a place dedicated to 4x4s?

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good explanation about the issues clamping the steps on. A lot of us were thinking it would be like the concept ones seen on one of the early vehicles that was running around.

I'm good drilling into the rock rail. Anyone taking theirs offroad will get the finish scrapped off the first time they come across some tall-ish rocks they go over. Drilling and putting in a nutsert is not big deal. I had two Euro-trucks that had wooden rub rails on the side that used nutserts to bolt them on. No rust despite being vintage 70s rigs.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Since I have the skills of a dead mongoose, who would be able to do this simple install for me? Probably a place dedicated to 4x4s?
I’ll take another look at the clamp method. It may need to come with a caveat like -Not for use off road.- The bottom part of the C that wraps around the bottom of the SLIDER would cause it to not slide near as well. The bolt anchoring the mount to the rail will mar the finish of the rail. I can just place a small pad between the bottom bolt and the rail.
Let me see what I can do. 😉

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll take another look at the clamp method. It may need to come with a caveat like -Not for use off road.- The bottom part of the C that wraps around the bottom of the SLIDER would cause it to not slide near as well. The bolt anchoring the mount to the rail will mar the finish of the rail. I can just place a small pad between the bottom bolt and the rail.
You thinking of making 2 versions? Drilled and C clamp?

Originally I would have been in the C clamp camp, but now I'm firmly in drilled. I prefer the added strength

Sponsored
OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You thinking of making 2 versions? Drilled and C clamp?

Originally I would have been in the C clamp camp, but now I'm firmly in drilled. I prefer the added strength
If you look at the pic of the step that Ford made, it’s similar in design to the STIRRUP. Just not as robust. C clamp style would definitely be easier for most to install. I’ll see what magic we can work.

Personally, I prefer the bolted into the rail solution. It’s a little bit more work, but it’s also the poster child for a bombproof install.
Ford Bronco AR | STIRRUP®  OEM Rail Fitment, Billet Aluminum Side Step - Brongo6G Exclusive Part 8EFC5059-C806-4DFB-AEFD-38574D607AEF

Last edited:

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you look at the pic of the step that Ford made, it’s similar in design to the STIRRUP. Just not as robust. C clamp style would definitely be easier for most to install. I’ll see what magic I can work.

Personally, I prefer the bolted into the rail solution. It’s a little bit work but it’s also the poster child for a bombproof install.
8EFC5059-C806-4DFB-AEFD-38574D607AEF.jpeg
As do I! Much prefer bulletproof bolted into rail setup

rdg698

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That would be awesome. For me, off road means my driveway lol

Broncadonk MKG

Black Diamond
First Name
Mikayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

AR | STIRRUP

The BRONCO community asked for it and we went to work! After reviewing what was shared from last year's SEMA Bronco, there was plenty of room for improvement, both in design and function.

Made from a sizeable chunk of 6061 billet, the STIRRUP is very beefy part and it will look right at home on an overland build, trail conquering rig, or your daily driver. It's five inches of width will give your boot or shoe a proper platform to assist you in climbing up in the saddle. The entire part is coated in RAL 9011 Graphite Black, then post machined to remove the coating from the top surface and reveal the raw billet aluminum and provide a very classy contrast. This will also give the STIRRUP years and years of rugged good looks. The more you step on the the more naturally worn the aluminum will look but it won't affect the Graphite Black coating.

The STIRRUP is mounted to your OEM rocker rail with M8 and M10 316 stainless fasteners. A single M8 bolt alone has 110,000 PSI tensile strength! The STIRRUP is definitely more solid than the rail it's mounted to. With its coating and the use of aluminum and stainless, the STIRRUP will require little maintenance and it will last the life of your Bronco.

The STIRRUP will be sold in pairs. This will also be a BRONCO6G exclusive part, at launch, and B6G members will always be eligible for the 20% discount. We're going to handle the purchasing a little differently this time. STIRRUP pricing, lead time, and purchasing info will be coming soon! The step is designed and we're working on the mounting bracket now. I'll have the official renders posted in this thread by week's end.
View attachment 192340 View attachment 192341
Alright but how many of those 5 inches will stick out far enough past the rail to ensure anyone in the parking lot who rams their door into mine will regret it?
In all seriousness though, I’m glad to see someone is finally doing a rock rail-compatible side step. I’ll pay close attention but ultimately will end up with a design that is compatible with factory rails and runs the full length, or at least the length of the doorframe, if my 2-door BD.

Sponsored

Triceratops

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 speed Huffy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you look at the pic of the step that Ford made, it’s similar in design to the STIRRUP. Just not as robust. C clamp style would definitely be easier for most to install. I’ll see what magic we can work.

Personally, I prefer the bolted into the rail solution. It’s a little bit more work, but it’s also the poster child for a bombproof install.
Ford Bronco AR | STIRRUP®  OEM Rail Fitment, Billet Aluminum Side Step - Brongo6G Exclusive Part 8EFC5059-C806-4DFB-AEFD-38574D607AEF
I am of opposite thinking from a lot of people here. Bombproof is the way and that means bolts. Nutserts do give a finished look even when not attached. People just need to buck up and drill. I would only do a clamp if it is bombproof. Definitely don’t want your brand associated with floppily mounted accessories.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am of opposite thinking from a lot of people here. Bombproof is the way and that means bolts. Nutserts do give a finished look even when not attached. People just need to buck up and drill. I would only do a clamp if it is bombproof. Definitely don’t want your brand associated with floppily mounted accessories.
Same. I also don’t want to be worried when I have someone heavier using the steps.

I’m down to drill

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@EIGHTLUG What's the projected availability on this? Q1 2022? Just looking for a general estimate.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those look badass. I can't wait to see pictures of them mounted on a Bronco. Definitely interested!
Sponsored