Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My only hesitation is the welded ring gear on the stock open diffs.
Is this confirmed ?

I realize virtually every thread on B6G says this, but AFAIK there is absolutely no confirmation that that they are really welded.

If anyone has real info, other than “Rangers are welded, so Broncos must be too”, please post a link.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dominic Nonnenmacher
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota CHR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is this confirmed ?

I realize virtually every thread on B6G says this, but AFAIK there is absolutely no confirmation that that they are really welded.

If anyone has real info, other than “Rangers are welded, so Broncos must be too”, please post a link.
I’ve also only seen that the ring gear is welded on this forum but nowhere else so I’m very curious about whether or not that is true, but I guess we’ll find out.

OP
OP
Dominic Nonnenmacher
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota CHR
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am buying a Black Diamond and I am hoping they will come out with an air locker for the M190 front axle that the base model and Black Diamond share. I emailed them about it but have not received an answer yet.

If you go to minute 3:35 this ARB technician says that they have their lockers ready to go for all upcoming Broncos so I’m assuming they will.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve also only seen that the ring gear is welded on this forum but nowhere else so I’m very curious about whether or not that is true, but I guess we’ll find out.
We will indeed find out. I don't have any info or links that I can point to either. I do have pretty high confidence that it will be true though, for reasons I can't get into at the moment. But the fact that Ranger does use welded gears is pretty compelling - the use the same model axles from the same supplier as base Bronco (though obviously the rears are different due to suspension differences). I wouldn't be shocked if the base models with 3.73:1 ratios use the exact same part number front carrier / drive unit assembly as Ranger does.

In all honesty, I see the availability of other ratios for Bronco from Ford and Ford Performance as a boon to Ranger owners looking to upgrade or regear; it would stand to reason that if the M210 directly replaces the M190 in Bronco, it can on Ranger too. Especially if they use the same half shafts, which seems to be the word. That gives the Ranger the potential of front locker upgrade. And, obviously, there will be a lot of direct-fit gear options above the 3.73 ratio that Ranger is limited to from the factory.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cost-wise, I'm going base Base manual. I really want my manual.

one click on the Squatch button adds 7300 to the price....and an auto.

On my own:
Wheels and tires $2500-ish ...100% gonna happen
rear locker ARB/OX ....$2000-ish all in??? ....10% outside chance of MAYBE ...some day.
At this point, If I were automatic friendly or a V6 diehard, I'd just do Squatch and be done. That was actually my build at one point.

I'd advise most people, especially those with automatics, if you need wheels, TIRES and A LIFT ...that is a good point to seriously consider just getting the Squatch package. Your life will probably be far easier that way.

I'm a big fan of the reliability factory stuff gives you...and if it doesn't...hello warranty!!!

Sponsored

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would definitely consider an ARB rear air locker for my Big Bend 7MT.

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have to get a 4 door, no other way the wife would allow it. If the 4 door base comes with the 7MT, I would have 0 hesitation about getting the sasquatch package. Unfortunately, they don't. So if I want a 7MT, I have to go Big Bend. After adding the rear locker, it's within $2000 of a base sasquatch.

Sadly... I caved in today and emailed my dealer today to switch me to a base sasquatch(with the auto...:cry:). Now.. if by some miracle Ford allows a 4 door base manual Sasquatch in MY22, I'd be in heaven!

Peter

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to get a 4 door, no other way the wife would allow it. If the 4 door base comes with the 7MT, I would have 0 hesitation about getting the sasquatch package. Unfortunately, they don't. So if I want a 7MT, I have to go Big Bend. After adding the rear locker, it's within $2000 of a base sasquatch.

Sadly... I caved in today and emailed my dealer today to switch me to a base sasquatch(with the auto...:cry:). Now.. if by some miracle Ford allows a 4 door base manual Sasquatch in MY22, I'd be in heaven!

Peter
Manual Squatch is indeed coming for 22, I'm REALLY curious if they will have it on a Base 4 door though.

After that, I'm hoping for more manual Mid options .... God forbid we get, manual Mid on a Big Bend or Black Diamond.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

sgoyette

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have an Outer Banks that I got as a place-holder until my ordered Bronco comes (Dealer talked me into it). I'm now considering just keeping it because it's a great unit...but....it's not squatched and has no lockers so the ARB air locker is on my list as soon as it becomes available. I ordered a Badlands Sasquatch Lux with Hard top so I suspect that's gonna be a while.

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just got my base base with very little options looking to add some airlocks on this.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I plan to add a rear locker to my Base Bronco at some point. I wouldn't invest in upgrading the M190 front end. If I ever locked the front, it would have to coincide with a total swap to the M210. But I'm not so sure really even need to lock the front end too. I've proven to myself that I can go "almost" anywhere I want to go without lockers at all. I think adding the rear locker will get me to that 99% which is fine for me. I have my built Early Bronco for when I need to hit those one percenters :)

As for the rear, I'm not yet sure whether I'll be doing an ARB or an E-locker. I love ARB's, and have run them before, including the front of my Early Bronco (the rear has a spool). I agree with what others have said, that the issues with them usually come from bad routing of air lines. I've never had a problem with mine, in over 15 years of hard use. And I do plan to add an onboard air compressor. But I also like the e-lockers. I have them in my JK Rubicon and they work well. I'm guessing the ones in the Bronco are similar or the same, since they all come from Dana/Spicer.

I just wish I could use a Hero Switch on the dash for engaging it, rather than one of my overhead AUX switches. It just doesn't seem intuitive to me, to reach up to the ceiling to engage a locker (though it would be better than the horrible lower-dash location on the Wrangler). I have a friend who's a parts manager at a Ford dealer look up the Hero Switch assemblies for the Broncos with factory lockers and he said they are available and the price was reasonable. But I'm not sure you would be able to tap into them to activate a mechanism that wasn't integrated into the vehicle's electronics. The wiring comes out of the hero switch assembly as a single plug, not separate connections for each switch. So more research would be needed on that.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By the time one adds ARB lockers on a base you’d probably be half way to SAS and not benefit from the factory warranty and all the other upgrades.

I ran dual ARB’s in my 87 Bronco, they were great. Today I wouldn’t consider them over a factory warrantied option.
Sponsored