Threads
Reaction score
Website
arbusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep LJ, Ford Ranger, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When Fred and Dave from Motor Trend’s Dirt Every Day decided to build a new Bronco they knew it would have to be different than the rest of the herd. These guys have built their fair share of 4x4’s and decided a lift kit and lights weren’t gonna cut it, they wanted to step outside the gate a little, so they headed straight towards the outback with their Australian themed Bronco Truck.  They started with a simple yet rugged 4-door Badlands Bronco with the 7-speed manual, lockers, swaybar, and the clean Area 51 blue.  

Ford Bronco ARB Build Feature: Motor Trend’s Custom Ford Bronco Pickup Truck MicrosoftTeams-image (8)
Ford Bronco ARB Build Feature: Motor Trend’s Custom Ford Bronco Pickup Truck MicrosoftTeams-image (9)
With only 5 days to build the truck they opted to keep the wheelbase and chassis stock, but the body would get the majority revision. Almost all the sheet metal behind the front seats was cut off. Then pieces were grafted back on and a bulkhead built to close off the cab.

Ford Bronco ARB Build Feature: Motor Trend’s Custom Ford Bronco Pickup Truck MicrosoftTeams-image (11)
Ford Bronco ARB Build Feature: Motor Trend’s Custom Ford Bronco Pickup Truck MicrosoftTeams-image (10)
Meanwhile an ARB front bumper with Intensity lights as well as Warn winch were bolted on up front. Why was this bumper chosen? Specifically to fit the Australian look and feel of the build. Suspension was left stock but the wheels were replaced with Ford Ranger 16 inch steelies and wrapped in bias ply tires to give it that tall skinny look. Why bias plies over radials? This was all for the look, and yet the tires performed great on their eventual trail day.
Ford Bronco ARB Build Feature: Motor Trend’s Custom Ford Bronco Pickup Truck broncobed
With the back of the cab getting sealed up it was time for a bed, now many options were considered from old Ford Courier to flatbed, but they finally decided on a reproduction Toyota FJ45 Land Cruiser bed made from aluminum by Aqualu out of Canada. The bed is a little narrow but by adding the Bronco rear flares to the bed it works. The final step was the top. Original plans involved cutting down the factory soft top, but again this truck was transformed in 5 days including paint and body work all while the Dirt Every Day camera crew were filming. During production a Jeep M715 soft top was found in the shop and modified slightly to fit. The top could use some more tweaks to get it just right but on a TV show timeline it was made to fit as best and fast as possible. So how did they do? Straight out the gate internet reviews were mixed, the Bronco Truck was like no other seen so far, but like most Dirt Every Day builds it had lovers and haters. The Dirt-Heads already have ideas to dial it in and change a few things. For example, it has no taillights or spare tire mount, but overall this truck looks perfect for a rip across the Simpson desert or working overtime on a sheep station in the outback. Want to see all the action? Sign up for the Motor Trend Plus app where you can view over 130 episodes of Dirt Every Day. This particular episode will air later in 2022.

-Motor Trend Dirt Every Day

Ford Bronco ARB Build Feature: Motor Trend’s Custom Ford Bronco Pickup Truck MicrosoftTeams-image (4)

Ford Bronco ARB Build Feature: Motor Trend’s Custom Ford Bronco Pickup Truck MicrosoftTeams-image (7)

Ford Bronco ARB Build Feature: Motor Trend’s Custom Ford Bronco Pickup Truck MicrosoftTeams-image (6)
Ford Bronco ARB Build Feature: Motor Trend’s Custom Ford Bronco Pickup Truck MicrosoftTeams-image (8)
Ford Bronco ARB Build Feature: Motor Trend’s Custom Ford Bronco Pickup Truck MicrosoftTeams-image (9)
Ford Bronco ARB Build Feature: Motor Trend’s Custom Ford Bronco Pickup Truck MicrosoftTeams-image (11)
Ford Bronco ARB Build Feature: Motor Trend’s Custom Ford Bronco Pickup Truck MicrosoftTeams-image (10)
Ford Bronco ARB Build Feature: Motor Trend’s Custom Ford Bronco Pickup Truck MicrosoftTeams-image (6)
Ford Bronco ARB Build Feature: Motor Trend’s Custom Ford Bronco Pickup Truck MicrosoftTeams-image (4)
Ford Bronco ARB Build Feature: Motor Trend’s Custom Ford Bronco Pickup Truck MicrosoftTeams-image (7)
Ford Bronco ARB Build Feature: Motor Trend’s Custom Ford Bronco Pickup Truck broncobed
Sponsored

Last edited:

Aragonite

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Ranger 4x4, 1988 Toyota Pickup 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As a bronco lover, I dig it.

As an classic toyota lover, I also dig it.

Hope to see more updates on it!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a lot of small details that I'm not a fan of, but I'm impressed it only took 5 days and am also more understanding of the imperfections knowing that now.

Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow that looks Bubba'd to hell. Not sure why someone rips up an (expensive) vehicle only to do a half assed job. Would look beautiful with bed fenders that look similar to the Bronco body lines.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks good for a 5 day project. Can't wait to see it finished...

Sponsored

fzracer484

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think I'd like to see a ranger bed from a slightly older model on there instead with bedsides that come out more flush to the wheels

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll admit my Initial reaction was "ew" :sick:

But honestly... for a 5 day project that's way better than I could do. Good work!

jonesh242

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trail-Squak, YT Capra 29er & Decoy Mullet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love Dirt Every Day!...but that doesn't look like the Paso Robles garage though!?
And that's not an old heap from the local-ish junk yard! Can't wait to see this episode.(y):cool:

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not to sound ignorant, but why not just get a Ranger or Maverick then?
It's impressive what they've done, and I see the incentive when there aren't any available options, but wouldn't it be easier to change the front fascia of the the Ranger to a Bronco front?
But regardless, it's pretty impressive that this can even be done.

Villagevip

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"68" "72" Broncos, sadly sold, back in the day
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just add the Aussie obligatory mud flaps, for that authentic outback look... : )
Sponsored