Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They could have shown their fab skills by chopping up something else. Don't care for it. If you didn't want the Bronco, there are others that have been waiting a long time and still don't have one. I've seen their DED segments and generally like them. Bad choice in my opinion.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

🤮

B_rad

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep GC/2018 GMC Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fugly:sick:

Sponsored

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This awesome! I would totally buy one of these if it was made by Toyota! I love Landcruisers.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are Broncos available in Australia?

haaz

Outer Banks
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reminds me of how Jack Nicholson's Joker 'improved' Alicia Hunt in the original Batman movie.

Ford Bronco ARB Build Feature: Motor Trend’s Custom Ford Bronco Pickup Truck 1654277846514

PJS090

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 (Former owner 1969 Bronco)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thousands of people waiting for Bronco's and you tear that one up and destroy it. What a waste.

Sponsored

Braaap

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
When Fred and Dave from Motor Trend’s Dirt Every Day decided to build a new Bronco they knew it would have to be different than the rest of the herd. These guys have built their fair share of 4x4’s and decided a lift kit and lights weren’t gonna cut it, they wanted to step outside the gate a little, so they headed straight towards the outback with their Australian themed Bronco Truck.  They started with a simple yet rugged 4-door Badlands Bronco with the 7-speed manual, lockers, swaybar, and the clean Area 51 blue.  

MicrosoftTeams-image (8).jpg
MicrosoftTeams-image (9).jpg
With only 5 days to build the truck they opted to keep the wheelbase and chassis stock, but the body would get the majority revision. Almost all the sheet metal behind the front seats was cut off. Then pieces were grafted back on and a bulkhead built to close off the cab.

MicrosoftTeams-image (11).jpg
MicrosoftTeams-image (10).jpg
Meanwhile an ARB front bumper with Intensity lights as well as Warn winch were bolted on up front. Why was this bumper chosen? Specifically to fit the Australian look and feel of the build. Suspension was left stock but the wheels were replaced with Ford Ranger 16 inch steelies and wrapped in bias ply tires to give it that tall skinny look. Why bias plies over radials? This was all for the look, and yet the tires performed great on their eventual trail day.
broncobed.png
With the back of the cab getting sealed up it was time for a bed, now many options were considered from old Ford Courier to flatbed, but they finally decided on a reproduction Toyota FJ45 Land Cruiser bed made from aluminum by Aqualu out of Canada. The bed is a little narrow but by adding the Bronco rear flares to the bed it works. The final step was the top. Original plans involved cutting down the factory soft top, but again this truck was transformed in 5 days including paint and body work all while the Dirt Every Day camera crew were filming. During production a Jeep M715 soft top was found in the shop and modified slightly to fit. The top could use some more tweaks to get it just right but on a TV show timeline it was made to fit as best and fast as possible. So how did they do? Straight out the gate internet reviews were mixed, the Bronco Truck was like no other seen so far, but like most Dirt Every Day builds it had lovers and haters. The Dirt-Heads already have ideas to dial it in and change a few things. For example, it has no taillights or spare tire mount, but overall this truck looks perfect for a rip across the Simpson desert or working overtime on a sheep station in the outback. Want to see all the action? Sign up for the Motor Trend Plus app where you can view over 130 episodes of Dirt Every Day. This particular episode will air later in 2022.

-Motor Trend Dirt Every Day

MicrosoftTeams-image (4).jpg

MicrosoftTeams-image (7).jpg

MicrosoftTeams-image (6).jpg
MicrosoftTeams-image (8).jpg
MicrosoftTeams-image (9).jpg
MicrosoftTeams-image (11).jpg
MicrosoftTeams-image (10).jpg
MicrosoftTeams-image (6).jpg
MicrosoftTeams-image (4).jpg
MicrosoftTeams-image (7).jpg
broncobed.png

Braaap

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Broncota or Toyonco

Tazn69Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250, 1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Points for something I don't have the skill to do.
I am not positive what exactly the form or function they were going for, but I am not that impressed. I'm sure we could pick this thing apart all day long. I guess if they are happy with their work, and it survives the trail, at the end of the day that is a win. Who cares what I think. /shrug
Sponsored