Mdh186

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess anything could happen, but it’s pretty far away. Also, this thing is mounted in a 3/4” bulkhead fitting; it’s VERY solid.

29D8A263-BA70-4B40-A22C-7BAE81741CB5.jpeg
Neat location. Have to go look at my hitch, but I assume you had to drill through some pretty beefy metal. What size bit did you use and was it a process? I’d rather punch holes in something that costs $100 to replace than risk weakening a bumper or making it more susceptible to rust.
Sponsored

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I rigged up the rear fitting last night. Easy to access, completely protected.
Pretty happy with how this turned out.
Just an idea for those looking for a place to mount a rear quick connect.
Did you need to drill through the hitch to mount that? I mean, I love the outcome but that seems like it would destroy a few bits along the way.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you need to drill through the hitch to mount that? I mean, I love the outcome but that seems like it would destroy a few bits along the way.
I drilled the bumper with a 9/16" bit (Milwaukee, designed for steel) This spot is much thicker, but a good pilot hole and sizing your way up you should be fine. Unfortunately, this option is not available to Bronco's with the factory towing package as the hitch does not have that spot available on it...

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) IMG_6972

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes. I started with a small pilot hole, worked up to a half inch. Then used a “step bit” to get to the proper size so i didn’t trash any bits. It wasn’t bad, really.

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finished my ARB remote coupler installation. Put in the compressor (single) about a week ago, and you can see the slide mount I put on so that I can easily mount (and remove) my Warn control unit as needed (used a small VESA slide mount that secures with screws).

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) IMG_6972

I finally settled on mounting an ARB coupler (with cover) on the rear bumper. Was going to install inside the cargo area, then considered putting it to the right of the hitch, but finally decided I liked this option better. I used up upfitter #6 so when I pull out the 4 tire inflator/deflator kit I made I don't need to open the hood to attach, and when I am out biking, I have a short hose with the appropriate Presta inflator on it.

I'm new to all of this. I have the compressor and mount, and want to move the coupler out of the engine bay. What hoses\parts\connections do I need? Not sure where to start.

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm new to all of this. I have the compressor and mount, and want to move the coupler out of the engine bay. What hoses\parts\connections do I need? Not sure where to start.
Well, that depends on where you want to put it. If you want to go to the back, you need a bunch (12-16 feet) of air hose (1/4" ID) and the appropriate connectors and a coupler. There are some weather/dust covers for regular couplers out there, but I felt like the ARB one offered the best option, was reasonably prices, and you can easily get replacement covers.

Be careful which one you get as apparently there are other thread versions than the NPT threading that is probably the easiest to pair up. The biggest thing you need is the decision on where you are putting it, and the patience and a pair of safety glasses to run it back there (and secure it along the way). The safety glasses come in handy when all that sand and mud you've been taking your Bronco through wants to drop in your eyes while you are underneath (and it will).

It is a simple "plumbing" exercise of having the right tools, pipe tape to prevent thread leaks, and zip ties for securing, and keeping it away from hot things. I was not able to find the length I wanted in a stainless braided hose, so I settled for an 18" section of that (Viair 18" stainless) to be in the engine compartment, and then a 15' section of Continental 1/4" hose that was rated to 270 degrees, so used that for the rest of the way.

Leifvan

First Edition
First Name
Leif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The boss had to get involved to make sure we started shipping compressors again.

1643153707929.png

The good news is now that we've gotten the Diode Dynamics 6" Light Bar Fog kits shipped out, we're back to focusing on the ARB Compressors. We shipped a bunch out today and we'll continue to ship out as many as we can each day till we're caught up. Figure it'll take us 3-4 days to get completely caught up on all the compressor orders now.
Ordered mine 01/04 just received
email it's shipping today, can't wait, thanks everyone for the great info on this post.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my shipment today. Super stoked to get this thing wired and plumbed. Too bad is so cold out and I’m a sissy. Might be a little bit before I get it done.

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry we didn't update here. We shipped, a LOT, of compressor kits today. We're hoping by tomorrow ALL of the compressor kit orders are shipped out.

It's amazing how many people have ordered these. Once we're caught up it'll allow all new orders to ship within 24 hours (our standard turn around time)

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's the single ARB Compressor, just with a FORD logo on the box hood. The single will air up 35" tires from 15PSI to 30PSI in 3 minutes.

The Twin compressor does that in 1 minute
I did a test today after i got my rear quick connect hooked up. 1:52 to fill a stock Sasquatch tire from 15psi-39psi with the dual compressor! Very happy with those results

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did a test today after i got my rear quick connect hooked up. 1:52 to fill a stock Sasquatch tire from 15psi-39psi with the dual compressor! Very happy with those results
Pretty amazing right!

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, that depends on where you want to put it. If you want to go to the back, you need a bunch (12-16 feet) of air hose (1/4" ID) and the appropriate connectors and a coupler. There are some weather/dust covers for regular couplers out there, but I felt like the ARB one offered the best option, was reasonably prices, and you can easily get replacement covers.

Be careful which one you get as apparently there are other thread versions than the NPT threading that is probably the easiest to pair up. The biggest thing you need is the decision on where you are putting it, and the patience and a pair of safety glasses to run it back there (and secure it along the way). The safety glasses come in handy when all that sand and mud you've been taking your Bronco through wants to drop in your eyes while you are underneath (and it will).

It is a simple "plumbing" exercise of having the right tools, pipe tape to prevent thread leaks, and zip ties for securing, and keeping it away from hot things. I was not able to find the length I wanted in a stainless braided hose, so I settled for an 18" section of that (Viair 18" stainless) to be in the engine compartment, and then a 15' section of Continental 1/4" hose that was rated to 270 degrees, so used that for the rest of the way.
I'm finding lots of hose lengths in 25, 50 and 100 foot lengths. Any chance you still have links to the 15 footer and possibly the 18" section?

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm finding lots of hose lengths in 25, 50 and 100 foot lengths. Any chance you still have links to the 15 footer and possibly the 18" section?
You can cut any hose to length and use connectors and clamps. Just look for a hose with a good heat rating. The continental hose was from Grainger because I wanted it quickly. https://www.grainger.com/product/CONTINENTAL-Air-Hose-55CL79

The Viair hose you can get on Amazon in lengths up to 3ft. I think ARB has them too. I was so close to the exact length with that combo going to the far corner that I would have only cut out about 6", so it was silly to do that instead of trusting the factory connector vs clamping a new one on.
Sponsored