Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

1/29/2022 (1:26am)
We're currently halting shipments on the KR Off-Road Compressor Bracket. It was brought to our attention this evening that the 2nd batch we've been shipping out has a very important square hole missing. This square hole is located on the mounting tab, between the 2 circular holes. This square cut-out is designed to fit around the factory mounting flange.

We sourced these from 2 laser cutters that we use. The 2nd batch, as I said, missed this cut-out somehow. We're not exactly sure how it happened. It must have happened when they were programming the laser cutter, because the final ISO drawings show the cut-out but the actual laser cutter didn't make this happen.

We didn't catch this either because every single bracket is wrapped for us prior to delivery.

WE WILL MAKE THIS RIGHT to all customers whom are effected.

We will be emailing customers effected within the next day or so to make them aware of this issue.

Any customer effected WILL received a brand new mount naturally. We'll also be extending a courtesy discount to customers whom are effected as well.

We are really sorry about this and very embarrassed. We know many of you were excited to get these in your hands. For the first 100, that excitement became a reality. But for the next batch there are issues.

We've never had an issue like this in the history of doing business, this is honestly a first for us. But our reputation speaks for itself and we promise to make this right to those effected and again, we're sorry for this delay.

-Adam Daley, Owner of 4x4TruckLEDs.com

Last edited:
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

1/29/2022 (2:25am)

OKAY. We have a solution. It's honestly a really simple fix, but it does mean we need to laser cut a new component.

The real problem is the factory computer bracket. It has that tab which needs a hole to go through. So what we're going to be doing is laser cutting a spacer block that has a hole cut-out for the factory bracket. You'll just insert the spacer between our bracket and Fords factory bracket, and you'll be good to go.

Here is what that would look like.

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) Spacer Block

Again this is only needed if your bracket doesn't have that hole (those with the square hole are already good to go)

We'll keep everybody updated naturally (and we've arleady emailed existing customers that may have this issue AND customers whom are still waiting for their brackets to ship)

DAMN. We were going to have EVERY SINGLE back order filled by Monday too. We were on a roll here! BUT things happen. We're hoping that our community is understanding and can be a bit more patient with us.

Tank

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, 18 4runner, couple of old Datsuns
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1/29/2022 (2:25am)

OKAY. We have a solution. It's honestly a really simple fix, but it does mean we need to laser cut a new component.

The real problem is the factory computer bracket. It has that tab which needs a hole to go through. So what we're going to be doing is laser cutting a spacer block that has a hole cut-out for the factory bracket. You'll just insert the spacer between our bracket and Fords factory bracket, and you'll be good to go.

Here is what that would look like.

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) Spacer Block

Again this is only needed if your bracket doesn't have that hole (those with the square hole are already good to go)

We'll keep everybody updated naturally (and we've arleady emailed existing customers that may have this issue AND customers whom are still waiting for their brackets to ship)

DAMN. We were going to have EVERY SINGLE back order filled by Monday too. We were on a roll here! BUT things happen. We're hoping that our community is understanding and can be a bit more patient with us.
You probably won’t have this answer until Monday-ish but what do you expect the turnaround for this to be? Thanks again Adam, it sucks but things happen.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You probably won’t have this answer until Monday-ish but what do you expect the turnaround for this to be? Thanks again Adam, it sucks but things happen.
I figure it'll only take a day to get the spacer piece cut out actually.

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I figure it'll only take a day to get the spacer piece cut out actually.
Appreciate the updates here — to be clear, for those of us affected, we won’t get a whole new bracket; just a spacer piece that allows for the factory bracket to fit?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Appreciate the updates here — to be clear, for those of us affected, we won’t get a whole new bracket; just a spacer piece that allows for the factory bracket to fit?
Correct. you'll get a spacer to allow the vehicle bracket to mount to our KR Off-Road bracket. It's all you honestly need. This is so the little bump out on the factory bracket has somewhere to "sit" (which is all the hole on the main bracket did).

It will have no negative effect at all.

Not to mention you're also getting $$ back

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct. you'll get a spacer to allow the vehicle bracket to mount to our KR Off-Road bracket. It's all you honestly need. This is so the little bump out on the factory bracket has somewhere to "sit" (which is all the hole on the main bracket did).

It will have no negative effect at all.

Not to mention you're also getting $$ back
Definitely appreciate the partial refund! I haven’t received mine yet, so I’m not 100% sure where this spacer goes — will it add any height to where the compressor sits on top of the bracket? Those of us with the engine bay sound deadening have already been pretty close on those margins.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Definitely appreciate the partial refund! I haven’t received mine yet, so I’m not 100% sure where this spacer goes — will it add any height to where the compressor sits on top of the bracket? Those of us with the engine bay sound deadening have already been pretty close on those margins.
No it has nothing to do with the compressor mount at all.

Your factory computer bracket has this little tab, which allows it to be held up on the firewall while the Ford techs install 2 bolts.

The factory bracket sits on top of our bracket, and our bracket has a square hole cut out to allow for this tab to sit recessed.

So the spacer component we'll be shipping folks just adds about 1/4" to our bracket, giving the factory computer bracket a recessed hole for it's tab to sit in (it's held up by 2 bolts still)

Customer sent me this, he is pointing to that little tab I talked about. You can see how this tab would not sit flush up against the bracket without the hole to recess into

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) Photo Jan 29, 1 55 05 AM

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) Photo Jan 29, 1 05 43 AM

Honestly if anybody was in a rush and WANTED to install their bracket now. All you'd have to do is just drill a hole on our bracket where that little bump out would sit. And you'd be up and running!

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your factory computer bracket has this little tab, which allows it to be held up on the firewall while the Ford techs install 2 bolts.

The factory bracket sits on top of our bracket, and our bracket has a square hole cut out to allow for this tab to sit recessed.

So the spacer component we'll be shipping folks just adds about 1/4" to our bracket, giving the factory computer bracket a recessed hole for it's tab to sit in (it's held up by 2 bolts still)

Customer sent me this, he is pointing to that little tab I talked about. You can see how this tab would not sit flush up against the bracket without the hole to recess into

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) Photo Jan 29, 1 05 43 AM

Honestly if anybody was in a rush and WANTED to install their bracket now. All you'd have to do is just drill a hole on our bracket where that little bump out would sit. And you'd be up and running!
Those pictures speak a thousand words — thank you! Totally understand the issue now.

I don’t mind using the spacer at all. Whatever resolves the issue as quickly as possible for us and causes the least amount of disruption and cost for you all is fine! Thanks for the awesome amount of transparency and quick problem solving here — feels good to know you all are focused on resolving these things quickly and accurately!

My bracket and compressor should show up Tuesday, fingers crossed the spacer shows up soon!

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Those pictures speak a thousand words — thank you! Totally understand the issue now.

I don’t mind using the spacer at all. Whatever resolves the issue as quickly as possible for us and causes the least amount of disruption and cost for you all is fine! Thanks for the awesome amount of transparency and quick problem solving here — feels good to know you all are focused on resolving these things quickly and accurately!

My bracket and compressor should show up Tuesday, fingers crossed the spacer shows up soon!
Well in that case go drill a hole so I don't have to ship you anything, lol. Kidding. I mean if you wanted to install it now you just need to drill a hole for that little bump out to sit in :)

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

another potential solution that could help you all out — would it make sense to use 1/4” washers, rubber grommets, or something similar instead of requiring a whole spacer plate be laser cut? We’re just trying to get a tiny bit of clearance for that factory bracket, it seems.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well in that case go drill a hole so I don't have to ship you anything, lol. Kidding. I mean if you wanted to install it now you just need to drill a hole for that little bump out to sit in :)
Hah, good point — let’s amend that to “whatever resolves the issue as *headache free* for us and least disruption and cost for you all” 😬

Knowing me I’d mark the spot slightly wrong and make a hack job out of my shiny new compressor bracket

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

another potential solution that could help you all out — would it make sense to use 1/4” washers, rubber grommets, or something similar instead of requiring a whole spacer plate be laser cut? We’re just trying to get a tiny bit of clearance for that factory bracket, it seems.
Well that's basically what our "spacer" does. you COULD use washers, but then it'll that wobble effect. Or you're going to need to balance washers through the bolt while trying to tighten it down without dropping the washers.

Making a solid plate that has the hole essentially acts as a big washer, only it's got the same exact footprint so you don't need to worry about balancing multiple washers and dropping them. Easier to install. More expensive for us, but as everybody knows, we like to do things right with what we design.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well that's basically what our "spacer" does. you COULD use washers, but then it'll that wobble effect. Or you're going to need to balance washers through the bolt while trying to tighten it down without dropping the washers.

Making a solid plate that has the hole essentially acts as a big washer, only it's got the same exact footprint so you don't need to worry about balancing multiple washers and dropping them. Easier to install. More expensive for us, but as everybody knows, we like to do things right with what we design.
good points all around — thanks for taking the time to update us, especially on the weekend! You all are awesome, I’m Staying Pumped and Hanging In There!
Sponsored