Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BTW, our shipping confirmation emails look like this and come from us:

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 1643845537780
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay I’m a dummy and I’m confused on how I can hook up my air compressor to my aux switch so it can turn on and off. Anyone that can give some pointers that would be super helpful. Thanks

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Okay I’m a dummy and I’m confused on how I can hook up my air compressor to my aux switch so it can turn on and off. Anyone that can give some pointers that would be super helpful. Thanks
Check the instructions that came with your bracket … you just need to connect the purple lead to your upfitter wire

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe you will find all the answers (a few times over) in this thread. Yep, it's long, but the info is there. And the answers you need depend (a little) on the compressor you have, but the instructions that came with your kit cover 95% of it. After that it is just whether you are using a red or a purple wire to your up fitter, if that is what you mean by your aux switch

EDIT : Adam finished his note before me, but the same message...

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll summarize:
- the twin compressor comes with two wire harnesses: one for power, and one for switches
- the twin compressor has onboard relays, so you just need to provide it power and correctly hook up the switch harness
- on the power harness, connect the red wires to positive battery, black wires to ground
- on the switch harness, connect black to ground, and purple to whichever aux switch you like

When you wire it correctly and flip the switch, the compressor will draw power directly from the battery through the onboard relays.

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe you will find all the answers (a few times over) in this thread. Yep, it's long, but the info is there. And the answers you need depend (a little) on the compressor you have, but the instructions that came with your kit cover 95% of it. After that it is just whether you are using a red or a purple wire to your up fitter, if that is what you mean by your aux switch

EDIT : Adam finished his note before me, but the same message...
I’ll summarize:
- the twin compressor comes with two wire harnesses: one for power, and one for switches
- the twin compressor has onboard relays, so you just need to provide it power and correctly hook up the switch harness
- on the power harness, connect the red wires to positive battery, black wires to ground
- on the switch harness, connect black to ground, and purple to whichever aux switch you like

When you wire it correctly and flip the switch, the compressor will draw power directly from the battery through the onboard relays.
okay this explains it way better. Seeing all these wires gets me confused haha. So do I just leave the green and yellow wires alone?
Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 5C8E5826-4D27-4595-B156-1652FFF79AC5

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
okay this explains it way better. Seeing all these wires gets me confused haha. So do I just leave the green and yellow wires alone?
Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 5C8E5826-4D27-4595-B156-1652FFF79AC5
just tape them off, then connect the purple to your desired upfitter switch (maybe even put a female spade connector on it and plug them together) and use a shrink-wrap covering or tape it up.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your ARB instructions show this harness, but with the wires installed in the plastic plug housing (in the plastic bag on the left). You do not need yellow or green -- I'm not sure if you strictly *need* to ground this black wire from the switch harness or not, as I think the power harness has a smaller ground wire specifically for the relay. Given the 4x4TruckLEDs instructions, you probably don't need to ground the switch harness black wire.

Including a picture of the ARB instructions below -- the circled portions are for the switch harness. On the right, you see an optional manifold for air locking diffs. There should be two small plugs in the middle of that switch harness you're holding; those plugs are for the optional manifold and you can ignore them / tape them off. The wire ends you're holding in your photo are where the circled plug connects next to the "Switch" label in my picture.

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) IMG_1331

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your ARB instructions show this harness, but with the wires installed in the plastic plug housing (in the plastic bag on the left). You do not need yellow or green -- I'm not sure if you strictly *need* to ground this black wire from the switch harness or not, as I think the power harness has a smaller ground wire specifically for the relay. Given the 4x4TruckLEDs instructions, you probably don't need to ground the switch harness black wire.

Including a picture of the ARB instructions below -- the circled portions are for the switch harness. On the right, you see an optional manifold for air locking diffs. There should be two small plugs in the middle of that switch harness you're holding; those plugs are for the optional manifold and you can ignore them / tape them off. The wire ends you're holding in your photo are where the circled plug connects next to the "Switch" label in my picture.

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) IMG_1331
Correct. On the Twin the 2 red wires go to your positive terminal. The black + black/white go to your negative (or the chasis). Those are your grounds.

Then that purple wire on the 2nd harness goes to the upfitter (if you apply power to the purple wire, it turns the compressor on).

Everything else is not needed, tape it off should you ever need to add other things like a manifold kit/etc...

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct. On the Twin the 2 red wires go to your positive terminal. The black + black/white go to your negative (or the chasis). Those are your grounds.

Then that purple wire on the 2nd harness goes to the upfitter (if you apply power to the purple wire, it turns the compressor on).

Everything else is not needed, tape it off should you ever need to add other things like a manifold kit/etc...
This sounds like an excuse to buy some more liquid electrical tape to go way overboard 😛

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks guys! You are the best!
Now that I’ve got the wiring down all I need is the new bracket to install it. I got the one that didn’t have the square cutout

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks guys! You are the best!
Now that I’ve got the wiring down all I need is the new bracket to install it. I got the one that didn’t have the square cutout
If you received our email from Saturday and responded, then the missing part is shipping to you tomorrow.

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And if you pull out all the wires you don’t need, and fish the purple wire into the battery harness, it makes for a nice, clean install.

C82AD5E5-6BF9-4E77-B4AB-B2DC04F5E639.jpeg

8153826A-3798-4F2F-A8C4-023AD21D05BB.jpeg
Sponsored