Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As far as I know we are still waiting for an aftermarket solution. I'm aware of the ARB Bronco compressor install, but I'm not really clear on what they did. If you look close, the module bracket on top of compressor is no longer bolted anything, and it's unclear what they did with the ground wire. Nothing seems to be flopping in the breeze, so I guess we get to wait and see.

Does anyone (@flip) know what that module is? Part number on mine is MB3A-7P238-FA.

Ford Bronco ARB compressor mount options 7A008E76-E206-4480-9BB1-CA690AE1CEBB

Ford Bronco ARB compressor mount options 9A067023-CA3D-462C-B8D9-B736F3735D6A

Ford Bronco ARB compressor mount options C04CF1CB-609C-45E3-8A67-B015C1E04305
Sponsored

AM1217

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited 115 Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Base
As far as I know we are still waiting for an aftermarket solution. I'm aware of the ARB Bronco compressor install, but I'm not really clear on what they did. If you look close, the module bracket on top of compressor is no longer bolted anything, and it's unclear what they did with the ground wire. Nothing seems to be flopping in the breeze, so I guess we get to wait and see.

Does anyone (@flip) know what that module is? Part number on mine is MB3A-7P238-FA.

Ford Bronco ARB compressor mount options 1634927017001

I had called ARB they said they are making the mount, too just keep checking web site to see if its out. sounds like it could be a few months.

OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had called ARB they said they are making the mount, too just keep checking web site to see if its out. sounds like it could be a few months.
Nice! I sent them an email but never got a reply. I've got the pump, so I might just make it portable until a mount comes out. I looked at mounting it in the back, but space is just too limited.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think it was just put in there for photos.

We're actually developing a mount right now for the single and twin compressors (same mount, various bolt patterns). This will be a 100% bolt on setup for under the hood.

We're doing some final prototyping now. Hopefully we'll be taking pre-orders in 1-2 weeks with final production available in 2-4 weeks time.

OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it was just put in there for photos.

We're actually developing a mount right now for the single and twin compressors (same mount, various bolt patterns). This will be a 100% bolt on setup for under the hood.

We're doing some final prototyping now. Hopefully we'll be taking pre-orders in 1-2 weeks with final production available in 2-4 weeks time.
I also suspect it may not be really mounted to anything. Why wouldn't they use the existing mounting holes that the module was using? That's the only solid structure in the area. And when you look really really close, it appears the compressor main harness may not actually be plugged into anything. I also would expect some heat shielding, being right above the turbo and all.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Surely there would be some underbody location protected by or could be by a skid plate. I know of nobody that every scraped their suspension air compressor off the beside the frame mounting on a Land Rover.

Or is the compressor small enough to fit in the mini trunk under the rear floor? Another widely used location on some vehicles is behind inner rear compartment side panels.

Is there some specific operational reason for it to reside in the high temperature are under the hood other than noise level?

OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Surely there would be some underbody location protected by or could be by a skid plate. I know of nobody that every scraped their suspension air compressor off the beside the frame mounting on a Land Rover.

Or is the compressor small enough to fit in the mini trunk under the rear floor? Another widely used location on some vehicles is behind inner rear compartment side panels.

Is there some specific operational reason for it to reside in the high temperature are under the hood other than noise level?
It does not fit in the the under floor cubby of the 2 door. However, I could see a replacement storage box allowing it to fit. I haven't pulled any interior panels, so not sure if there is an option there.

A big advantage to the engine compartment is the proximity to the battery. The specs say it pulls 68.6 Amps at max load.

1EE0C015-37C3-4EB4-9BB5-62527BF61CAB.jpeg

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It does not fit in the the under floor cubby of the 2 door. However, I could see a replacement storage box allowing it to fit. I haven't pulled any interior panels, so not sure if there is an option there.

A big advantage to the engine compartment is the proximity to the battery. The specs say it pulls 68.6 Amps at max load.

Ford Bronco ARB compressor mount options 1EE0C015-37C3-4EB4-9BB5-62527BF61CAB
If you don't have the Lux, check to see if it will fit where the sub-woofer would be located. It is my intent to locate it there with access using the AUX wiring. Of course, I don't have access to a Bronco to see if it will fit behind the plastic trim panel. If it does fit, then a simple quick disconnect port would be needed.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I also suspect it may not be really mounted to anything. Why wouldn't they use the existing mounting holes that the module was using? That's the only solid structure in the area. And when you look really really close, it appears the compressor main harness may not actually be plugged into anything. I also would expect some heat shielding, being right above the turbo and all.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
There's actually nothing where they have that compressor mounted. Meaning no support structure really. Under the compressor is the felt/carpet pad that covers the suspension components. Lift that up and you can see your springs - That's why I think this was just put in for some photos and it's not really hooked up. As there is a lot more to it to mount it.

I'm 3D printing a prototype now for final fitment.

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's actually nothing where they have that compressor mounted. Meaning no support structure really. Under the compressor is the felt/carpet pad that covers the suspension components. Lift that up and you can see your springs - That's why I think this was just put in for some photos and it's not really hooked up. As there is a lot more to it to mount it.

I'm 3D printing a prototype now for final fitment.
You talking 2.3 or 2.7?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What do you mean?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

CoolTech

Wildtrak
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2.3 or 2.7 - which engine you prototyping fitment for first?
Sponsored