Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked up Bronco this Tuesday from dealer. Have mounted a dual ARB compressor under the hood of a 2.7L Badlands. Fabricated the mount tonight, took about 4 hours. Used some aluminum that I had on hand. Also used a set of Quick Draw Brand Brackets to attach the compressor to the mount I built. Only had to drill one hole to install mount. The compressor and mount can be quickly removed in about two minutes by removing two nuts, this time doesn't include the air line or electrical. Still need to complete the air line, need to obtain some fittings and air line first and the complete the electrical. Also will be installing a 1 gallon air tank, still need to find a home for it. It's late will followup with more details maybe tomorrow. Will be removing mount to finish some of the rough edges and maybe paint black. Neither the compressor or mount rub against anything in the engine compartment

Here's some pictures.

Original space before installation

1636612578841.jpeg

The two brackets attached directly to the compressor are from Quick Draw Brand https://quickdrawbrand.com/product/arb-twin-compressor-bracket-universal-mount/ Will be removing those eight bolts holding the brackets to put Loctite on them

1636612650308.jpeg

1636612696874.jpeg

1636612734879.jpeg

1636612782259.jpeg

Clearance between the compressor/mount and closed hood

1636613146874.png

View attachment 205101
Love your setup. I just installed twin compressor and I like how you tried to the hitch. I want to do the same except I am not going to run a tank at least for now. You just run bread fittings and house down the frame? Tried looking at your photos but couldn't see how you routed the hose.

I just don't want to have to open the hood to air up. Grab the 4 tire hose I made sand just stay connecting.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ingridthehorrible

Ingridthehorrible

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy 2500HD, 2008 Buell 1125R, 98 Buell S1W
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love your setup. I just installed twin compressor and I like how you tried to the hitch. I want to do the same except I am not going to run a tank at least for now. You just run bread fittings and house down the frame? Tried looking at your photos but couldn't see how you routed the hose.

I just don't want to have to open the hood to air up. Grab the 4 tire hose I made sand just stay connecting.
Used 1/2' air brake line to run between the compressor, air tank and the rear quick disconnect mounted on the factory trailer hitch. Started at the compressor, looped the line under the air box intake, then over the mount rail for the compressor then under the wiper reservoir and overflow coolant tank to reach the top of the passenger side frame frame, (pulled the front passenger inner wheel fender liner out to make easier). I then simply ran the 1/2" air line on top of the passenger side frame rail to the back of the Bronco, turned the corner at the back frame rail, again on top of the frame rail pass the trailer hitch. Then transitioned from the 1/2" air brake line to a 1/4" braided flex to fish thru the trailer hitch to reach the quick disconnect, the air brake line wasn't flexible enough to go thru the trailer hitch bracket to reach the quick disconnect. Used long heavy duty ty-wraps to secure the 1/2" line to the frame approx. every 18 to 24". Inserted below are additional pic. Used a quick disconnect at the compressor to connect the air line to the back. Part of the goal of the installation was quick removal of the air compressor for vehicle mnt needs. If needed the compressor and mount can be removed in less than three minutes.

Let me know if you want any additional pic's

Ford Bronco ARB Dual Compressor Installed - Under Hood 2.7L Engine Compartment 1644688902071

Air Line Ty-wrapped to top of frame
Ford Bronco ARB Dual Compressor Installed - Under Hood 2.7L Engine Compartment 1644690241395

Ford Bronco ARB Dual Compressor Installed - Under Hood 2.7L Engine Compartment 1644690028494

1/2" air line ty-wrapped to top of rear crossmember, along with the splice to transition to the stainless braided flex line that is used to reach the quick disconnect mounted to the trailer hitch.
Ford Bronco ARB Dual Compressor Installed - Under Hood 2.7L Engine Compartment 1644689968170

1644689900339.jpeg

1644689970132.jpeg

FifthCard

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Used 1/2' air brake line to run between the compressor, air tank and the rear quick disconnect mounted on the factory trailer hitch. Started at the compressor, looped the line under the air box intake, then over the mount rail for the compressor then under the wiper reservoir and overflow coolant tank to reach the top of the passenger side frame frame, (pulled the front passenger inner wheel fender liner out to make easier). I then simply ran the 1/2" air line on top of the passenger side frame rail to the back of the Bronco, turned the corner at the back frame rail, again on top of the frame rail pass the trailer hitch. Then transitioned from the 1/2" air brake line to a 1/4" braided flex to fish thru the trailer hitch to reach the quick disconnect, the air brake line wasn't flexible enough to go thru the trailer hitch bracket to reach the quick disconnect. Used long heavy duty ty-wraps to secure the 1/2" line to the frame approx. every 18 to 24". Inserted below are additional pic. Used a quick disconnect at the compressor to connect the air line to the back. Part of the goal of the installation was quick removal of the air compressor for vehicle mnt needs. If needed the compressor and mount can be removed in less than three minutes.

Let me know if you want any additional pic's

Ford Bronco ARB Dual Compressor Installed - Under Hood 2.7L Engine Compartment 1644689970132

Air Line Ty-wrapped to top of frame
Ford Bronco ARB Dual Compressor Installed - Under Hood 2.7L Engine Compartment 1644689970132

1/2" air line ty-wrapped to top of rear crossmember, along with the splice to transition to the stainless braided flex line that is used to reach the quick disconnect mounted to the trailer hitch.

Thank you. I might try and tackle this when I get a little warmer weather.
Sponsored