Sponsored

Chaos_273

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Professional sports. Baseball, basketball, football...

But not hockey. Hockey rules and is the best.

Additional note... I like the Bronco Sport for what it is. I don't understand the shit-talk. Reminds me of my 2010 Escape, but more capable. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Agreed. Hockey for the win. Going to the Stars game tomorrow!

Judging from your user name you’re more of a Bruins fan, but at least we can agree that hockey is king of sports!

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll just wait until Powertank comes out with their Bronco rollbar mount, no loss of floor space, drilling or wiring and can leave the tank at home when not needed and can also move it from vehicle to vehicle. Used about every hard mounted air compressor available over the years and the Powertank handles 90% of what I’ve needed from filling up tires, running air tools, air mattresses, only downside is risk of it running empty so I always refill when it gets to <30%.

1636764876411.jpeg
Or you can spend $150 for a DIY co2 setup (tank, regulator, mount) and call it a day. Either way, mounting to rollbar like the pic wont work if one has a soft top.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You can do a compressor only but it’s somewhat slow for some jobs vs having a already filled tank ready. You can have just a tank prefilled but the danger is needing more than you have on hand for some jobs. The combo is the best solution if money/space permits.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you need the tank if you have a compressor and vice versa? I thought you needed only one or the other (n00b off-roader)
Lots of people have tanks hooked to their compressors so they have access to air without having to run the compressor nonstop. I usually see this when they have air lockers instead of the electronic lockers that you can get through Ford or if they are running air tools.

In this case, the tank isn't meant to be removed from the vehicle or unhooked from the compressor.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or you can spend $150 for a DIY co2 setup (tank, regulator, mount) and call it a day. Either way, mounting to rollbar like the pic wont work if one has a soft top.
meaning you can't fold it all the way down? I don't see where this would interfere with just folding the first part back for open air. Which is what I'll mostly be doing, I haven't even taken out the windows in back yet, I want them in there to keep my nutty dog contained.

And not to derail this into a tank vs compressor thread, I'm new to either, how often can you fill your 35s after airing down from a tank like that in the photo or your DIY version? I have no concept as of how much "air" fits into that tank vs into tires. If I can air back up 3 or 4 times with a tank, that's what I'll do and just have it refilled after each use or each other use to be sure I can get back home. I'll never go bigger than 35 inch tires either, so don't care about larger ones. My Badsquatch is plenty high to climb into every day :-D

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
meaning you can't fold it all the way down? I don't see where this would interfere with just folding the first part back for open air. Which is what I'll mostly be doing, I haven't even taken out the windows in back yet, I want them in there to keep my nutty dog contained.

And not to derail this into a tank vs compressor thread, I'm new to either, how often can you fill your 35s after airing down from a tank like that in the photo or your DIY version? I have no concept as of how much "air" fits into that tank vs into tires. If I can air back up 3 or 4 times with a tank, that's what I'll do and just have it refilled after each use or each other use to be sure I can get back home. I'll never go bigger than 35 inch tires either, so don't care about larger ones. My Badsquatch is plenty high to climb into every day :-D
The large tank will get you about 12 35" tire fills from 15psi. So three trips. Local cost for me is about 24 bucks to fill up with CO2.

Works fine if you're only worried about you or if you seldomly wheel. I could blow through one in a day though.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Theherofails - Weren't you looking for this?
I love seeing ingenuity like this, but I'm a little concerned on that clearance. My hood bounces quite a lot off road. Excellent fabracobble skills and I think this guy could make a million bucks with this idea.

John Whammer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For the uninitiated, could you point out, in the photos, the specific parts that you are discussing?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The large tank will get you about 12 35" tire fills from 15psi. So three trips. Local cost for me is about 24 bucks to fill up with CO2.

Works fine if you're only worried about you or if you seldomly wheel. I could blow through one in a day though.
great info, thanks! Any trails I'd have to air down for are far from where I live, so a tank would be more than enough for my use for now. $24 is a bit surprisingly high, but for my use a no issue, one tank would probably last me all year. Seems a nice and very fast solution for now, maybe get a portable compressor down the road, never would need one mounted 24/7 unless I move, which is not likely any time soon.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
great info, thanks! Any trails I'd have to air down for are far from where I live, so a tank would be more than enough for my use for now. $24 is a bit surprisingly high, but for my use a no issue, one tank would probably last me all year. Seems a nice and very fast solution for now, maybe get a portable compressor down the road, never would need one mounted 24/7 unless I move, which is not likely any time soon.
Tanks are getting more popular for the rock crawling type.

I'm more into sustained deployments, so I don't like being handicapped by limited refills for my tires. Some outings I could deflate and fill 3-4 times in a day if I have to take freeways between trails.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm more into sustained deployments, so I don't like being handicapped by limited refills for my tires. Some outings I could deflate and fill 3-4 times in a day if I have to take freeways between trails.
that makes total sense, I also prefer redundancy, so having two of what ever is always better than one, options are good to have. I wish I'd live anywhere close to such adventures you mention!

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
that makes total sense, I also prefer redundancy, so having two of what ever is always better than one, options are good to have. I wish I'd live anywhere close to such adventures you mention!
Yeah. My Bronco isn't a daily driver.. it's a toy, really. I work at home, as much as you can call it work. I'm lucky in that regard. I'm building a slide out tailgate and mount for an overland fridge and at some point my air compressor controls will be moved up into the cargo area near my power control station and second battery. I haven't had my back seats up since I got this thing and will potentially remove them.

With all that said, redundancy is paramount in overlanding and off roading in general. You'll do great with just a tank. They do take up a lot of room but that's more an issue for over Landing.

For the guys worried about 4 holes in the floor, you're gonna LOVE what I have coming up. 🤣

OP
OP
Ingridthehorrible

Ingridthehorrible

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy 2500HD, 2008 Buell 1125R, 98 Buell S1W
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going to be interested in where you can hide a tank. I haven't really spent much time under a new Bronco while thinking about that. Do you think just a gallon is enough?
Found a home for the 1 gallon air tank, was hoping for a vertical mount for draining water from the tank, there's a nice protected spot in front of the gas tank for a horizonal installation. See post two in this thread. Haven't found a good space for a second tank. There's room where @Theherofails installed his compressor, but I'm not going to drill holes in the floor pan. Plus to even get the tank in there one would have to jack the body up to unload the rear axle to slide it in place. Not going proceed with a second tank for now.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. My Bronco isn't a daily driver.. it's a toy, really. I work at home, as much as you can call it work. I'm lucky in that regard. I'm building a slide out tailgate and mount for an overland fridge and at some point my air compressor controls will be moved up into the cargo area near my power control station and second battery. I haven't had my back seats up since I got this thing and will potentially remove them.

With all that said, redundancy is paramount in overlanding and off roading in general. You'll do great with just a tank. They do take up a lot of room but that's more an issue for over Landing.

For the guys worried about 4 holes in the floor, you're gonna LOVE what I have coming up. 🤣
photos%2fimages%2fnewsfeed%2f000%2f854%2f491%2fb7c.jpg
Sponsored