Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Asking about time it takes to fill up large 35s... but Ok
I have bigger 35s (325/65-18) on my Chevy, I'll air down to 20 and air back up to 40 and see how long it takes, and let you know. A one gallon tank doesn't do much I'll tell you that I have a 120V pancake tank compressor and it takes forever to fill a tire, and its a PITA to drag around not to mention there is no 120V in the field. Let be honest how many times are most Bronco owners going to airing up and down their tires over and over? If its a lot then maybe the scuba tank type set up would be better for those peeps. I only meant to point out that this tool is great for MANY different uses, including emergencys across all my vehicles.

Last edited:

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$129.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...ltHzDZ28FahnkhQ_TLguFZ8PqOq3_SvBoCUxYQAvD_BwE

Fills your tires, your friends tires, air rafts, air matresses, hell even footballs or soccer balls. 12/20/120 volt. Runs off its own battery, your car battery or plug in. Set the pressure via digital control, it stops when it hits that pressure. Set it and forget it. Best tool I ever bought. Weigh 5 pounds and totally portable. Just saying....

det-dcc020ib_xl.jpg
I have a Ryobi version of this and tried to use it to fill my 35s on my F250 Tremor while out in Utah. It took a full 4ah battery and 25 minutes per tire to go from 39 psi to 55 psi. (I wanted to drop to 20 PSI but was very happy I tried 39 psi first). Total time was 1 hour and 40 minutes and 4 batteries! I had three 4ah batteries with me that day and was able to fully charge the batteries that were not in use while airing the tires. I needed to get above 75 in the rear and it was simply not possible.

We picked up the ARB twin compressor yesterday for our Bronco. Once installed I will perform the same test in my truck. I am sure the results will be much different. ARB says 2 minutes (without a tank) to go from 15 to 35 psi in a 37 inch tire.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have bigger 35s (325/65-18) on my Chevy, I'll air down to 20 and air back up to 40 and see how long it takes, and let you know. A one gallon tank doesn't do much I'll tell you that I have a 120V pancake tank compressor and it takes forever to fill a tire, and its a PITA to drag around not to mention there is no 120V in the field. Let be honest how many times are most Bronco owners going to airing up and down their tires over and over? If its a lot then maybe the scuba tank type set up would be better for those peeps. I only meant to point out that this tool is great for MANY different uses, including emergencys across all my vehicles.
There are times that I air/up down 5-6 times over the course of 3-4 days. Sometimes not just 4 33” or 35” tires, but 6 tires when towing the camper trailer.

time saved adds up.

mustanggarage

Badlands
First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 65 mustang, 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't heat an issue mounting it under the hood? I thought they had some kind of thermal cutoff, seems like a few hours of wheeling would cause them to get too hot for use.
I have one of these in my jeep. the question I guess you need to ask is when are you going to be using the compressor. most of the time when you need to run it for any length of time it is because you air inflating tires, or using air tools, both of which are done with the vehicle not in motion, so you can pop the hood and let it ventilate. I have it mounted under my battery in my yj and it has worked well. I have air lockers in it too, so you do need to run it occasionally when the vehicle is in motion, but most of the time it is when I am stopped. the 1 gallon tank makes the compressor a lot more useable for small tools, and an air blower. but I use it primarily for reinflating tires and running the lockers. and i have had no issues with it. just from my experience.
Ford Bronco ARB Dual Compressor Installed - Under Hood 2.7L Engine Compartment 20171120_040035772_iOS

Sponsored

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man that is impressive!! Nicely done.

OP
OP
Ingridthehorrible

Ingridthehorrible

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy 2500HD, 2008 Buell 1125R, 98 Buell S1W
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Electrical completed today, see post 2, update # 3

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Ryobi version of this and tried to use it to fill my 35s on my F250 Tremor while out in Utah. It took a full 4ah battery and 25 minutes per tire to go from 39 psi to 55 psi. (I wanted to drop to 20 PSI but was very happy I tried 39 psi first). Total time was 1 hour and 40 minutes and 4 batteries! I had three 4ah batteries with me that day and was able to fully charge the batteries that were not in use while airing the tires. I needed to get above 75 in the rear and it was simply not possible.

We picked up the ARB twin compressor yesterday for our Bronco. Once installed I will perform the same test in my truck. I am sure the results will be much different. ARB says 2 minutes (without a tank) to go from 15 to 35 psi in a 37 inch tire.

I use a twin compressor for my ZR2 and it is currently running 33 inch tires. When I air down, I go down to about 14 psi and will air back up to about 35 psi. It generally takes me about 2 and a half minutes in real world to air back up each tire. 35's will definitely take longer. Going up from 14 psi to 25 psi is usually quick. After that, it is about 1 psi every 10 seconds, more or less.

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use a twin compressor for my ZR2 and it is currently running 33 inch tires. When I air down, I go down to about 14 psi and will air back up to about 35 psi. It generally takes me about 2 and a half minutes in real world to air back up each tire. 35's will definitely take longer. Going up from 14 psi to 25 psi is usually quick. After that, it is about 1 psi every 10 seconds, more or less.
I will take that over what I was doing which was 1.5 minutes per single PSI.

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will take that over what I was doing which was 1.5 minutes per single PSI.

Yea the ARB Twin will definitely be a big improvement. I love using mine.

I just got my Bronco last Tuesday. We took it wheeling and camping this past weekend. From airing down spot, we wheeled for 2 hours into the forest to find out camp spot. I was with a group of about 8 cars.

I left a day earlier than the rest of the group so I was alone on the way out. Luckily I found a fire lookout station where a volunteer was on his way out for the season but he allowed me to use the fire station air compressors to air back up.

I missed having the air compressor handy ready to air back up. It is hard mounted to my truck so no way to take it with me.

Sponsored

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea the ARB Twin will definitely be a big improvement. I love using mine.

I just got my Bronco last Tuesday. We took it wheeling and camping this past weekend. From airing down spot, we wheeled for 2 hours into the forest to find out camp spot. I was with a group of about 8 cars.

I left a day earlier than the rest of the group so I was alone on the way out. Luckily I found a fire lookout station where a volunteer was on his way out for the season but he allowed me to use the fire station air compressors to air back up.

I missed having the air compressor handy ready to air back up. It is hard mounted to my truck so no way to take it with me.
Personally I wanted to go with a portable ARB from Ford Performance but we currently do not have lockers and after talking with ARB we are hoping to add some air lockers next year once available so we went with onboard air.

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally I wanted to go with a portable ARB from Ford Performance but we currently do not have lockers and after talking with ARB we are hoping to add some air lockers next year once available so we went with onboard air.
Mobile compressor would have definitely helped this past weekend but I rather have something attached and mounted to the vehicle. It is one more item I do not have to worry about on my checklist for wheeling.

srafferty25

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Save your time and money and forget about the tank. I run the ARB twin on one of my other vehicles and I have a 2.5 gallon tank and it is pretty much worthless. Just my .02.

OP
OP
Ingridthehorrible

Ingridthehorrible

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy 2500HD, 2008 Buell 1125R, 98 Buell S1W
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Completed the installation, see post # 2, update # 4 for additional details