First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spent about 5-6 days 3D printing samples trying to get things right. First it was 1/2 the mount, then the 2nd 1/2. Finally I made supported brackets/etc... lots of back/forth and trial and error. Lots of measuring and re-measuring and holding the compressor up and going "gawd this thing is heavy!"

Hours spend staring at the engine bay. Finally we sent it to our laser cutter to have them cut it out/bend the parts for us so we can do a final fitment. I know what has to be done on the 2.7L so it's not going to be too bad. I already know the compressor will fit it's just a question of: Can we make it work for both trucks with ONE mount or do I need to have a different SKU for the 2.7L trucks (which I'd rather not do, that cost more $$ to manufacture a 2nd type of bracket)
It sure the hell is heavy. Shockingly so.

You can see exactly what I mean tomorrow, but this location is actually killer. I'll be able to remote both intakes into the cabin for easy filter maintenance and to get it out of the dust, and the quick connect is located in the same spot.. I'm stoked to finish it, but couldn't find the proper air hose local.

Can't wait.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was at sema I think this was 2.7 but abr doesn't wont to say anything...
6:34 if the link doesnt work.
That's not the dual compressor. Dunno what that is, but it's super clean.

That's where they showed the double compressor in the prototype vehicle they did 6 or so months ago, but that was clearly for looks. I'm curious if that's a functioning unit.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's not the dual compressor. Dunno what that is, but it's super clean.
Yeah somethings not quite adding up with that. That plate isn't supporting the compressor. It's just holding some accessories. The compressor is right side up so the mounting points would be under it, and as you know, there's nothing under there but a piece of felt on to of the springs.

They also removed the computer module thing on the side by the washer fluid. You can still see the ground able attached going out to the module burried/tucked away.

It looks like they did this just for SEMA and it's not actually installed 100%.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah somethings not quite adding up with that. That plate isn't supporting the compressor. It's just holding some accessories. The compressor is right side up so the mounting points would be under it, and as you know, there's nothing under there but a piece of felt on to of the springs.

They also removed the computer module thing on the side by the washer fluid. You can still see the ground able attached going out to the module burried/tucked away.

It looks like they did this just for SEMA and it's not actually installed 100%.
I could maybe see a single under there, no way it's a dual. I also have no clue what that box they removed is, but it has a huge connector on it. Seems important.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I could maybe see a single under there, no way it's a dual. I also have no clue what that box they removed is, but it has a huge connector on it. Seems important.
Here... 3D sample so you know we mean business. At this point we'll be in production in another week. I have to modify it for the 2.7L since there's more "crap" that will get in the way of the plate. So we need to shorten up the compressor mounting plate but at the same time NOT losing our mounting points for the actual compressor.

Ford Bronco ARB Dual Compressor stealth install - UPDATED. 1636250286383

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2nd time I see an under floor install of this one, interesting. I'd be a bit worried about dirt/mud/snow clogging things up, but I've never seen one of these in person, maybe it's not an issue.
I think I'll go with a portable Viair for my use, I live too far from trails not need a faster/always mounted solution. But interesting that ARB apparently faked that install, LOL.

Also curious to see what 4x4 will offer, I won't buy a compressor until early next year, so if I like what they do, I might just bite the bullet on the (overpriced IMO) ARB single, I think dual is just overkill for my scenario.

Looking forward to see the rest of your install, thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here... 3D sample so you know we mean business. At this point we'll be in production in another week. I have to modify it for the 2.7L since there's more "crap" that will get in the way of the plate. So we need to shorten up the compressor mounting plate but at the same time NOT losing our mounting points for the actual compressor.

Ford Bronco ARB Dual Compressor stealth install - UPDATED. 1636250286383
That's the exact way I tried today funny enough, and it seemed like it was going to be floppy as hell. God bless 3d printing and the ability to prototype. I can only work with aluminum though and it threatened to bend immediately.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Easily. The single is only about 1/3rd the size. The dual setup is two singles plus a manifold and fan in the middle. It's HUGE compared to the single. You'd be able to mount it quite easily under the hood even.

I'm doing the dual because the single takes about 4-5 minutes per tire with the 35". Thats fine if you're solo but I end up airing up others in the convoy constantly.
That’s good news. I have a dual in my Jeep with 37’s and it does ok. I have a single sitting on the shelf waiting for my Bronco.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2nd time I see an under floor install of this one, interesting. I'd be a bit worried about dirt/mud/snow clogging things up, but I've never seen one of these in person, maybe it's not an issue.
I think I'll go with a portable Viair for my use, I live too far from trails not need a faster/always mounted solution. But interesting that ARB apparently faked that install, LOL.

Also curious to see what 4x4 will offer, I won't buy a compressor until early next year, so if I like what they do, I might just bite the bullet on the (overpriced IMO) ARB single, I think dual is just overkill for my scenario.

They are completely sealed units other than a external fan, which is pretty solid. I've never had one fail.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's the exact way I tried today funny enough, and it seemed like it was going to be floppy as hell. God bless 3d printing and the ability to prototype. I can only work with aluminum though and it threatened to bend immediately.
Well the prototype I have coming we went with .125" Aluminum, so yeah it's a bit thicker then what you may have laying around. I'd like to stay with aluminum if possible, but if the .125" isn't good enough we'll be making it out of stainless steel. That'll come at an expense of course but I don't like using painted steel on vehicles. EVERYTHING we make under the KR Off-Road brand has a lifetime warranty and we only use aluminum or stainless WITH powder coating as well to ensure nothing EVER rusts, even if the powder coating gets worn off, it won't rust.

So hopefully .125" is thick enough to save $$ otherwise we'll do stainless

Sponsored
OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well the prototype I have coming we went with .125" Aluminum, so yeah it's a bit thicker then what you may have laying around. I'd like to stay with aluminum if possible, but if the .125" isn't good enough we'll be making it out of stainless steel. That'll come at an expense of course but I don't like using painted steel on vehicles. EVERYTHING we make under the KR Off-Road brand has a lifetime warranty and we only use aluminum or stainless WITH powder coating as well to ensure nothing EVER rusts, even if the powder coating gets worn off, it won't rust.

So hopefully .125" is thick enough to save $$ otherwise we'll do stainless
I'm a small woodshop, but I can do aluminum fab since it cuts on the same tools as wood. Nothing as fancy as your version. That is quite literally the only place I saw today that was even remotely possible, so I'm glad to see I wasn't too far off base. You can only bend aluminum to a point, so it looked all the world like I was going to end up with a $600 compressor in my radiator fans. 🤣

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Theherofails and @4x4TruckLEDs.com I just want to commend the two of you for going from antagonistic to at least a civil dialogue.

@Theherofails you have been doing some great work the past week a d paving the way forward for all of us waiting for our Broncos. If I ever head that way to Arizona again I'll make sure to see about a meet up.

@4x4TruckLEDs.com thanks you for posting your design. I know that can open you up to loss in sales if others steal your design but appreciate you supporting the enthusiast community.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Theherofails and @4x4TruckLEDs.com I just want to commend the two of you for going from antagonistic to at least a civil dialogue.

@Theherofails you have been doing some great work the past week a d paving the way forward for all of us waiting for our Broncos. If I ever head that way to Arizona again I'll make sure to see about a meet up.

@4x4TruckLEDs.com thanks you for posting your design. I know that can open you up to loss in sales if others steal your design but appreciate you supporting the enthusiast community.
I'm a potential customer of @4x4TruckLEDs.com and respect their opinion on all things Bronco. If I can ever hammer out my light plans, that is.. No antagonism from me! I hope the mount works!

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will not mount one underneath my Bronco. Sure they say waterproof but when you need it, it won't work. I have a VIAR in my truck for the RV and other trailers. Works great and only takes a few seconds to get it out and hooked up
Sponsored