First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPDATE: This compressor was under water for 5-6 hours today and turned on 15 minutes later to air my tires up. Runs like new.

Don't ever doubt ARB. Ever.

Install done! Took me 3 days.

Ford Bronco ARB Dual Compressor stealth install - UPDATED. 20211108_142447
Ford Bronco ARB Dual Compressor stealth install - UPDATED. 20211108_143501

This isn't a full tutorial, that would really need to be in video format. LOTS of work to get it this way but totally worth it. I was looking for a 'factory' like solution and this is pretty solid.

Unit is turned on and off at that switch, no upfitter needed. The two round objects are the filtered intakes. I remoted them into the cabin to avoid dust and moisture.

Absolutely zero room under the hood with the 2.7. The mounting location ARB showed is fake, it was resting on the wheel well carpeting. They also really had to risk cracking their coolant overflow tank because the compressor doesn't even fit where they showed it.

After 3 hours of hunting, I found the absolute best spot for it.

I had to drill a bunch of holes through the Bronco, which hurt. These are concealed under the rear floor, so no harm, no foul.
Ford Bronco ARB Dual Compressor stealth install - UPDATED. 20211106_144359

Where is it?

Ford Bronco ARB Dual Compressor stealth install - UPDATED. 20211106_164226

Safest place it can be. Above the drive shaft and exhaust, under the rear cargo area. 36" above the deck, which just keeps it out of fording depth. Compressor is fully submersible, but I'll never go that deep. There are factory wiring connectors much lower on the frame, so you'll run into issues before this compressor does.

The compressor was mounted with a quarter inch of rubber between the mount and the body of the Bronco, and this DRASTICALLY cuts down on noise and vibration.

If anyone needs help, let me know. I can do a quick pointers video is the demand is there.

Mounting the compressor here means you don't need ~40-60 feet of braided airhose, which is astronomically expensive. You need 2 runs at a half inch for the filter relocation, and 1 run for the air hose outlet.
Ford Bronco ARB Dual Compressor stealth install - UPDATED. 20211106_151152

I did have to run wire from the front to rear via the frame, but that was easy. I went with 8AWG to account for the longer distance. Factory is 10 AWG.

I almost forgot - was it worth it upgrading from the ARB single compressor?

15 to 37 psi took ~1:45 with dual and 3:40 with the single. Substantial time savings when you consider I usually air up others in my convoy as well. Once I add the manifold for airing up 4 tires at once, I'll consider this done.
Sponsored

Last edited:

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got he rear area cargo enclosure which has a three sided molle panel. I am hoping that the ARB will fit wall mounted on one of those panels. What are its dimensions?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You know we've developed a twin compressor ARB mount right? It fits the 2.3L and once our prototype comes in we'll be modifying it a bit to fit the 2.7L as well

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know we've developed a twin compressor ARB mount right? It fits the 2.3L and once our prototype comes in we'll be modifying it a bit to fit the 2.7L as well
I'll believe it when I see it. I've been through every inch of the vehicle and it just straight up doesn't fit anywhere.

I even tried relocating a few control modules under the hood. The only open spots are on the rear firewall near the turbo, and that's not great IMO. REALLY hot right there.

Everyone has one in prototype stage, but no one has examples. I think there is a reason for that..

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'll believe it when I see it. I've been through every inch of the vehicle and it just straight up doesn't fit anywhere.

I even tried relocating a few control modules under the hood. The only open spots are on the rear firewall near the turbo, and that's not great IMO. REALLY hot right there.

Everyone has one in prototype stage, but no one has examples. I think there is a reason for that..
So you think I'm making it up???

Sponsored
OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got he rear area cargo enclosure which has a three sided molle panel. I am hoping that the ARB will fit wall mounted on one of those panels. What are its dimensions?
This was my other idea. If you mount it in the cabin, you could make it work easily enough. I don't have the molle and am waiting for a product in the prototype stage. It'll fit easily enough if you're ok with it exposed in the rear. You just need to get the two 8 gauge electrical wires through somehow.

This is a killer mounting solution and the holes are drilled under the rear cargo floor. You'll never see em again after you put the floor back.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you think I'm making it up???
Nope.

There is a reason why it's called prototyping though.

I fully believe you believe you have a solution. No dishonesty at all. I am anxious to see that solution.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope.

There is a reason why it's called prototyping though.

I fully believe you believe you have a solution. No dishonesty at all. I am anxious to see that solution.
There is a "reason" we're not sharing it with the world yet. As soon as we release it, everybody is going to start copying it. So we're not sharing anything until production is underway.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Should a single ARB pump fit anywhere? It’s not as nice as the dual but it will get the job done if only airing up once in awhile.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Look forward to what you come up with for the 2.7.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Should a single ARB pump fit anywhere? It’s not as nice as the dual but it will get the job done if only airing up once in awhile.
Again we have a mounting system for the single and dual ARB compressors coming out soon. So there is light at the end of the tunnel :)

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a "reason" we're not sharing it with the world yet. As soon as we release it, everybody is going to start copying it. So we're not sharing anything until production is underway.
I'll buy two if you make it work. Just to support the effort. I just can't picture it yet. The engine compartment is PACKED and there just aren't any good anchor points.

I ripped out all the trim in the rear. Maybe without lux you could fit it where the sub is.. but the left side has zero space due to fuel filler.

I tried to mimic what ARB did but it's clearly fake. You'll crack your coolant tank just putting it where they showed it on the prototype. I pulled the module to create room and there is no place to anchor it - it's sitting on a carpet wheel well.

The location I chose has it's minus.. using a template to put a few holes under the rear flooring. But once you get over the shock of that, the rest is pure genius.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Easily. The single is only about 1/3rd the size. The dual setup is two singles plus a manifold and fan in the middle. It's HUGE compared to the single. You'd be able to mount it quite easily under the hood even.

I'm doing the dual because the single takes about 4-5 minutes per tire with the 35". Thats fine if you're solo but I end up airing up others in the convoy constantly.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'll buy two if you make it work. Just to support the effort. I just can't picture it yet. The engine compartment is PACKED and there just aren't any good anchor points.

I ripped out all the trim in the rear. Maybe without lux you could fit it where the sub is.. but the left side has zero space due to fuel filler.

I tried to mimic what ARB did but it's clearly fake. You'll crack your coolant tank just putting it where they showed it on the prototype. I pulled the module to create room and there is no place to anchor it - it's sitting on a carpet wheel well.

The location I chose has it's minus.. using a template to put a few holes under the rear flooring. But once you get over the shock of that, the rest is pure genius.
I spent about 5-6 days 3D printing samples trying to get things right. First it was 1/2 the mount, then the 2nd 1/2. Finally I made supported brackets/etc... lots of back/forth and trial and error. Lots of measuring and re-measuring and holding the compressor up and going "gawd this thing is heavy!"

Hours spend staring at the engine bay. Finally we sent it to our laser cutter to have them cut it out/bend the parts for us so we can do a final fitment. I know what has to be done on the 2.7L so it's not going to be too bad. I already know the compressor will fit it's just a question of: Can we make it work for both trucks with ONE mount or do I need to have a different SKU for the 2.7L trucks (which I'd rather not do, that cost more $$ to manufacture a 2nd type of bracket)

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I figured out why no one has mounts available for mounting the ARB Dual Compressor in the Bronco..

Absolutely zero place to fit it anywhere.

Doesn't fit under rear seats.
Doesn't fit well at all under front seats.
Doesn't fit behind trim panels in the back.
Doesn't fit in storage compartment in the back.

Absolutely zero room under the hood with the 2.7. The mounting location ARB showed is fake, it was resting on the wheel well carpeting. They also really had to risk cracking their coolant overflow tank because the compressor doesn't even fit where they showed it.

After 3 hours of hunting, I found the absolute best spot for it.

I had to drill a bunch of holes through the Bronco, which hurt.
This was at sema I think this was 2.7 but abr doesn't wont to say anything...
6:34 if the link doesnt work.
Sponsored