Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Excluding the KR mount, how else are people mounting the smaller arb compressor? I thought I saw someone mount it vertically to the rear of the engine bay but I can’t seem to find the post. I can’t justify hundreds of dollars for a bracket.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I personally intend on shamelessly copying the KR mount using some scrap aluminum I have sitting around the garage. Mine will be slightly difference since I don’t need to support the dual-compressor version, but same general idea.

The KR mount is a good idea but… yeah… $250 for a mount is on the pricey side.

I thought I saw someone mount it vertically to the rear of the engine bay but I can’t seem to find the post
I do remember the post you are referring to, which of course I can’t find anymore. I’ll check my browser bookmarks once I get home to see if I saved it.

I am almost positive that it was decided in that post that the mounting location they used was only feasible for the 2.3L engine—wouldn’t work on the 2.7L. But yeah, I’ll see if I can find the post when I get home.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NICE!!

Good news is that is definitely a 2.7L, so I guess I was wrong about that (or thinking about a different post). Bad news is that is definitely not an ARB compressor.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I personally intend on shamelessly copying the KR mount using some scrap aluminum I have sitting around the garage. Mine will be slightly difference since I don’t need to support the dual-compressor version, but same general idea.

The KR mount is a good idea but… yeah… $250 for a mount is on the pricey side.

I do remember the post you are referring to, which of course I can’t find anymore. I’ll check my browser bookmarks once I get home to see if I saved it.

I am almost positive that it was decided in that post that the mounting location they used was only feasible for the 2.3L engine—wouldn’t work on the 2.7L. But yeah, I’ll see if I can find the post when I get home.

I wish we could make it cheaper but steel is VERY expensive right now. To add insult to injury we use stainless steel which costs even more AND we powder coat them at a facility that does everything to certain ISO standards. So it costs us a LOT of money.

Good news is, we've got the kits on sale for Memorial Day. So 15% off with or without a compressor. Might help a bit.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish we could make it cheaper but steel is VERY expensive right now. To add insult to injury we use stainless steel which costs even more AND we powder coat them at a facility that does everything to certain ISO standards. So it costs us a LOT of money.

Good news is, we've got the kits on sale for Memorial Day. So 15% off with or without a compressor. Might help a bit.
To be honest it's a fantastic mount. One of the employees at my dealership has it on his Bronco and it's a quality product for sure. If I was in the mount-making business (which I'm not), I highly doubt I would be able to get the cost under $250—especially since I don't have any means to powder-coat myself. So I definitely would recommend it for someone who needs a mount.

I just have to justify the existence of all of the metalworking tools in my garage somehow. And mine isn't going to have a nice powder coat finish—it's getting the spray can treatment. ;)

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To be honest it's a fantastic mount. One of the employees at my dealership has it on his Bronco and it's a quality product for sure. If I was in the mount-making business (which I'm not), I highly doubt I would be able to get the cost under $250—especially since I don't have any means to powder-coat myself. So I definitely would recommend it for someone who needs a mount.

I just have to justify the existence of all of the metalworking tools in my garage somehow. And mine isn't going to have a nice powder coat finish—it's getting the spray can treatment. ;)
What dealership? Wonder if it's a local one we've sold to

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What dealership? Wonder if it's a local one we've sold to
Tasca Ford in central Connecticut. It was his personal Bronco and not a dealer mannequin, so I would assume he bought it on his own on the side rather than through the dealer. But not sure.

Do you sell to dealers normally?? I know a lot of dealers locally like to do "value-add" packages to increase the selling value of their vehicles, Katzkin leather and Rocky Ridge kits seem to be the most popular. I assume having a ready-to-install compressor kit would be a no-brainer for the Bronco. Especially if you guys provide instructions on how to wire it to an up-fitter switch.

But admittedly I don't know anything about that market, so may not be worth it. I could see the dealer not wanting to install it theselves, or I can also see them trying to squeeze your margins down so much that you make little to no profit.

OP
OP
kevin.gt

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah I get that metal is expensive, etc but I also just bought this massive heavy griddle for similar price and that mount for the viair is $30. Not trying to knock the kr. It looks great and if I could justify the price I’d get it. Other people obviously value it at what it’s selling for and I don’t expect 4x4 to change their pricing for me
Ford Bronco ARB single compressor mounting options image

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tasca Ford in central Connecticut. It was his personal Bronco and not a dealer mannequin, so I would assume he bought it on his own on the side rather than through the dealer. But not sure.

Do you sell to dealers normally?? I know a lot of dealers locally like to do "value-add" packages to increase the selling value of their vehicles, Katzkin leather and Rocky Ridge kits seem to be the most popular. I assume having a ready-to-install compressor kit would be a no-brainer for the Bronco. Especially if you guys provide instructions on how to wire it to an up-fitter switch.

But admittedly I don't know anything about that market, so may not be worth it. I could see the dealer not wanting to install it theselves, or I can also see them trying to squeeze your margins down so much that you make little to no profit.
Yes there are quite a few dealers around the country whom buy our products for customer trucks OR for their own builds (that they sell). We've also got retail dealers whom sell our products (Panda Motorworks, Lethal Performance and Stage3, all forum vendors, sell our products)

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah I get that metal is expensive, etc but I also just bought this massive heavy griddle for similar price and that mount for the viair is $30. Not trying to knock the kr. It looks great and if I could justify the price I’d get it. Other people obviously value it at what it’s selling for and I don’t expect 4x4 to change their pricing for me
That's not stainless steel nor the same gauge... it's thinner steel which is why the price is as such. If that was made from 10 gauge stainless that would cost a fortune, trust me :)

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll shamelessly plug my install piggybacking off of @allhorse install. In two parts
Made pretty decent headway on my ARB install in the rear floor cargo bin. Using @allhorse write up of how his install went with a ARB twin, I made a few tweaks to use an ARB single and where I wanted to mount the air chuck (https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...age-tray-under-rear-floor.35833/#post-1218750)
The single one fits perfectly with no modification other then adjusting the compressor orientation a bit.
IMG_2092.jpg

I used the supplied mounting plate that came with the compressor and sandwiched it on the bottom side of the bin.
IMG_2094.jpg

Then ran the remote intake hose up under the floor and through a small hole in the underbody sheet metal. I didn't snag photos of that but @allhorse write up did. I wanted to keep the air chuck inside the cargo area and had finally just received my @BuiltRight Industries cargo molle panel. The ARB remote air chuck mount fits perfectly with the cutouts on it. I ran the air line under the removable floor for this location. I then carved out a bit of a channel in the underside of the removable floor panel for it to fit back flush with the metal floor.
IMG_2099.jpg

IMG_2100.jpg

IMG_2103.jpg

IMG_2104.jpg

IMG_2105.jpg

IMG_2106.jpg

Now all that is left is running the wiring and finish up the air line plumbing. I'm waiting on a few air line fittings and elbows since the area is so cramped and the supplied fitting orientation won't fit.
Finally was able to wrap up my compressor install. The elbow airline fitting finally arrived today that was needed with the cramped compartment. You'll see in the later photos.
Ran the wiring up under and through the hole I made to run the fresh air tube from earlier. Wrapped the wiring in electrical and cloth tape for protection from abrasion.

Then ran the ground wires up and tied into an existing ground near were the roll bar runs down to the side panels. Then ran the power wires along the wheel well. Tied the trigger wire with the prerun aux wire and carried the main power wire along the door sills. Pretty easy to run with removal of the covers. Then across the bottom of the dash and out through the grommet for the missing clutch pedal.

Now its all plumbed up and works flawlessly. Did a test fill on the tires and it works great. Pretty quiet actually as well with it buried in the compartment under the floor and my steel cargo drawer.

Now to get out there to put it to use!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll shamelessly plug my install piggybacking off of @allhorse install. In two parts
Oh... wow. Honestly... I think I like that idea better instead of building something similar to the KR mount. I was trying to figure out a good use for that area, and an air compressor is a really good idea.

Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
kevin.gt

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's not stainless steel nor the same gauge... it's thinner steel which is why the price is as such. If that was made from 10 gauge stainless that would cost a fortune, trust me :)
Oh yeah totally not saying it’s the same quality, but it would be sufficient for a mount. Again not saying your product isn’t quality, just saying it’s out of my budget
Sponsored