Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr BD, 2021 Kawasaki KLX300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm going super OVERKILL with my phone mount by using the Quadlock system. Only real reason is because its the same thing I use on dual sport motorcycle. Mount is rugged enough to survive offroading on those handlebars so should be more than enough for this.

Plus the mount I'm going for in the Bronco is the wireless charging variant. Coupled with wireless carplay I should just be able to click it into the mount and have it charge and not worry about it ever falling off.

I'm thinking the arm I had is probably not going to be long enough but that's easy to resolve since I'm relying on pretty standard RAM balls for articulation.
Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING | BAM-BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail) unnamed
Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going super OVERKILL with my phone mount by using the Quadlock system. Only real reason is because its the same thing I use on dual sport motorcycle. Mount is rugged enough to survive offroading on those handlebars so should be more than enough for this.

Plus the mount I'm going for in the Bronco is the wireless charging variant. Coupled with wireless carplay I should just be able to click it into the mount and have it charge and not worry about it ever falling off.

I'm thinking the arm I had is probably not going to be long enough but that's easy to resolve since I'm relying on pretty standard RAM balls for articulation.
Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING | BAM-BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail) unnamed
I just saw a youtube on this phone holder and now it has me thinking.

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

unnamed.jpg
I might have you beat. Originally, I wanted to pair the AR | BAM smooth rail and the Tackform Dash Mount Phone Charger, but Tackform replaced the charger portion with a newer model that Iā€™m not a fan of.

Came across this wireless/ magnetic/ motorized Galvanox charger and thought Iā€™d jerry rig the base, but it wouldā€™ve been too bulky & awkward sitting atop the BYODR. So I went back to the Tackform build, ordered the base, arm, and ball adapter parts.

Then @EIGHTLUG had to go & launch the TAP, which is what I ended up purchasing. Since there wasnā€™t a smooth rail option, I had to find the final piece to connect my mount to the picatinny rail, and of course, the options were few and not cheap.

All in all, Iā€™m really happy with how it came out & the materials are high quality, but it got way more expensive than it needed to!

Just waiting on you @EIGHTLUG šŸ˜‰

Parts List (Base-to-Charger):
  1. AR | TAP BYODR
  2. Rail Dogz | Low Profile Picatinny Rail Mount
  3. Tackform | Enduro Series Aluminum Ball with 1/4"x20 Thru Hole (20mm)
  4. Tackform | Dual 20mm Socket Aluminum Long Arm (3-1/2")
  5. Tackform | Aluminum Double Ball Arm (17mm-to-20mm)
  6. Galvanox | Wireless Charging Magnetic Car Mount

Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING | BAM-BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail) 3E0275D1-87BC-4C3A-ADA6-391CF330323C

Last edited:

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I might have you beat. Originally, I wanted to pair the AR | BAM smooth rail and the Tackform Dash Mount Phone Charger, but Tackform replaced the charger portion with a newer model that Iā€™m not a fan of.

Came across this wireless/ magnetic/ motorized Galvanox charger and thought Iā€™d jerry rig the base, but it wouldā€™ve been too bulky & awkward sitting atop the BYODR. So I went back to the Tackform build, ordered the base, arm, and ball adapter parts.

Then @EIGHTLUG had to go & launch the TAP, which is what I ended up purchasing. Since there wasnā€™t a smooth rail option, I had to find the final piece to connect my mount to the picatinny rail, and of course, the options were few and not cheap.

All in all, Iā€™m really happy with how it came out & the materials are high quality, but it got way more expensive than it needed to!

1. AR | TAP BYODR

Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING | BAM-BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail) 3E0275D1-87BC-4C3A-ADA6-391CF330323C
Ok! I like this. Iā€™m guessing I would need a low profile smooth rail mount? And are you planning on using a MagSafe case too? I think you sold me on this setup šŸ˜‚

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. AR | TAP BYODR

3E0275D1-87BC-4C3A-ADA6-391CF330323C.jpeg
Also, do you think the arm is long enough to reach over the end of the dash? Also why did you need number 3?

Sponsored

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Also, do you think the arm is long enough to reach over the end of the dash? Also why did you need number 3?
1. I think the Rail Dogs mount is capable of connecting to both smooth & picatinny rails, but thatā€™s based on my observation of the mount itself. I wonā€™t know for sure until the TAP arrives, but Iā€™m confident.

2. Pretty sure this little project was a result of me upgrading to iPhone 13 Pro and wanting all of the nice things šŸ˜‚ I currently use one of Appleā€™s leather MagSafe cases and plan on using MagSafe from here on out.

The wireless charger itself is fantastic. Itā€™ll catch your phone much like MagSafe does, which triggers the side grips to move inward & secure the phone. To release, thereā€™s a small button on the back you touch and the side grips move back out while the phone stays in place magnetically. Not sure if itā€™s a significant amount, but it even holds a little bit of charge when not connected to a power source.

Note: Was a fan of the Otterbox PopSocket cases, but the PopSocket itself prevents the phone from charging wirelessly & makes it harder for the phone to stay in the mount. Def wonā€™t connect magnetically.

3. I would only go with a longer arm when itā€™s connected to the rail ā€” at least for now. I know thereā€™s been some chatter about @EIGHTLUG looking into reinforcing the 1/4x20 threaded insert in the dash, but until that happens, a longer arm increases the likelihood of damaging the the attachment point. If you have the BYODR (not TAP), you can always move it closer to you, so Iā€™d prob stay with the 3.5ā€ arm (my 2 cents).

4. The 20mm ball w/ thru hole (Part #3) is needed in order to attach the arm to the Rail Dogz mount or directly to the attachment point in the dash. Itā€™s essentially a 20mm ball joint fused to a flat service so you have some added support/stability around the attachment point. Then you just run a 1/4x20 cap screw through it & tighten. Recommend putting a rubber washer between the part and whatever surface youā€™re attaching to.

Until the TAP arrives, Iā€™ll be running a 1-1/2ā€œ long cap screw through to the attachment point in the dash. When it does arrive, Iā€™ll secure it to the Rail Dogz mount with a nut, which is easy but tedious because you have to disassemble the top part of the mount so that the nut doesnā€™t rotate with the screw when tightening.

Here are some additional pics (1st one is from another member/board):

D8A60D84-DFA6-451F-B10C-6900AA0B2877.jpeg

B25418E3-0935-4B63-B157-8E679ABBC471.jpeg

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. I think the Rail Dogs mount is capable of connecting to both smooth & picatinny rails, but thatā€™s based on my observation of the mount itself. I wonā€™t know for sure until the TAP arrives, but Iā€™m confident.

2. Pretty sure this little project was a result of me upgrading to iPhone 13 Pro and wanting all of the nice things šŸ˜‚ I currently use one of Appleā€™s leather MagSafe cases and plan on using MagSafe from here on out.

The wireless charger itself is fantastic. Itā€™ll catch your phone much like MagSafe does, which triggers the side grips to move inward & secure the phone. To release, thereā€™s a small button on the back you touch and the side grips move back out while the phone stays in place magnetically. Not sure if itā€™s a significant amount, but it even holds a little bit of charge when not connected to a power source.

Note: Was a fan of the Otterbox PopSocket cases, but the PopSocket itself prevents the phone from charging wirelessly & makes it harder for the phone to stay in the mount. Def wonā€™t connect magnetically.

3. I would only go with a longer arm when itā€™s connected to the rail ā€” at least for now. I know thereā€™s been some chatter about @EIGHTLUG looking into reinforcing the 1/4x20 threaded insert in the dash, but until that happens, a longer arm increases the likelihood of damaging the the attachment point. If you have the BYODR (not TAP), you can always move it closer to you, so Iā€™d prob stay with the 3.5ā€ arm (my 2 cents).

4. The 20mm ball w/ thru hole (Part #3) is needed in order to attach the arm to the Rail Dogz mount or directly to the attachment point in the dash. Itā€™s essentially a 20mm ball joint fused to a flat service so you have some added support/stability around the attachment point. Then you just run a 1/4x20 cap screw through it & tighten. Recommend putting a rubber washer between the part and whatever surface youā€™re attaching to.

Until the TAP arrives, Iā€™ll be running a 1-1/2ā€œ long cap screw through to the attachment point in the dash. When it does arrive, Iā€™ll secure it to the Rail Dogz mount with a nut, which is easy but tedious because you have to disassemble the top part of the mount so that the nut doesnā€™t rotate with the screw when tightening.

Here are some additional pics (1st one is from another member/board):

Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING | BAM-BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail) B25418E3-0935-4B63-B157-8E679ABBC471

Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING | BAM-BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail) B25418E3-0935-4B63-B157-8E679ABBC471
Thanks for that right up. :)

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@EIGHTLUG - since you mentioned the new fancy boxes being available for shipments first week of Dec, are you now thinking the first shipments might now be in that ballpark?

Ihatethedodgers

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
AR | BAM BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail)

Here are your saucy renders of the three standard colors on the two rail designs. We have Picatinny available in Graphite Black, Tech Bronze, and Tumbled Matte Clear.

Pricing... Everyone wants to know what this sweet piece of kit will cost.

$275.00 shipped. BRONCO6G members will get 20% off ($220)! If you want in on the pre-purchase, before it's on the website or available anywhere else, here's what I'll need you to do. The parts won't be available outside of BRONCO6G until after November 5th or after SEMA wraps up.

Step 1: Reply to this thread with 'SEND IT' and I'll add you to the list on Post #2. Your place on the list isn't necessarily the order you will be receiving your AR | BAM BYODR, because they will be produced in bulk and orders fulfilled as they roll out of anodizing.

Step 2: PM me with your (actual) name, shipping address, and email. Also include the color and rail type you desire. I'll email you with a custom invoice with the BRONCO6G Member Discount applied. This will be applicable to 2 uses. I can go to 3, 4, or even 5 if you have that many BRONCOS. I know some of you will have more than one Bronco. This is also a way to grow the community and drive traffic to the website. This offer will also be available to all existing and new BRONCO6G members, beyond November 5th.

black-pic-2-jpg-jpg.jpg

black-pic-jpg-jpg.jpg

bronze-pic-jpg-jpg.jpg

bronze-pic-2-jpg-jpg.jpg

raw-pic-jpg-jpg.jpg

raw-pic-2-jpg-jpg.jpg

-Smooth Rail Option-

There's also the smooth rail option. Same colors are available.
Graphite Black, Tech Bronze, and Tumbled Matte Clear.

Being that the entire unit is modular, you'll be able to order one rail smooth and one rail Picatinny, if you so desire. In the end, it was just easier to produce the two rails separately. As always, we appreciate the support!

black-smooth-jpg-jpg.jpg

black-smooth-2-jpg-jpg.jpg

bronze-smooth-jpg-jpg.jpg

bronze-smooth-2-jpg-jpg.jpg

raw-smooth-2-jpg-jpg.jpg

raw-smooth-jpg-jpg.jpg

Here are your saucy renders of the three standard colors on the two rail designs. We have Picatinny available in Graphite Black, Tech Bronze, and Tumbled Matte Clear.

$275.00 shipped. BRONCO6G members will get 20% off ($220)! If you want in on the pre-purchase, before it's on the website or available anywhere else, here's what I'll need you to do. The parts won't be available outside of BRONCO6G until after November 5th or after SEMA wraps up.

Step 1: Reply to this thread with 'SEND IT' and I'll add you to the list on Post #2. Your place on the list isn't necessarily the order you will be receiving your AR | BAM BYODR, because they will be produced in bulk and orders fulfilled as they roll out of anodizing.

Step 2: PM me with your (actual) name, shipping address, and email. Also include the color and rail type you desire. I'll email you with a custom invoice with the BRONCO6G Member Discount applied. This will be applicable to 2 uses. I can go to 3, 4, or even 5 if you have that many BRONCOS. I know some of you will have more than one Bronco. This is also a way to grow the community and drive traffic to the website. This offer will also be available to all existing and new BRONCO6G members, beyond November 5th.

black-pic-2-jpg-jpg.jpg

black-pic-jpg-jpg.jpg

bronze-pic-jpg-jpg.jpg

bronze-pic-2-jpg-jpg.jpg

raw-pic-jpg-jpg.jpg

raw-pic-2-jpg-jpg.jpg

-Smooth Rail Option-

There's also the smooth rail option. Same colors are available.
Graphite Black, Tech Bronze, and Tumbled Matte Clear.

Being that the entire unit is modular, you'll be able to order one rail smooth and one rail Picatinny, if you so desire. In the end, it was just easier to produce the two rails separately. As always, we appreciate the support!

black-smooth-jpg-jpg.jpg

black-smooth-2-jpg-jpg.jpg

bronze-smooth-jpg-jpg.jpg

bronze-smooth-2-jpg-jpg.jpg

raw-smooth-2-jpg-jpg.jpg

raw-smooth-jpg-jpg.jpg

Step 2: PM me with your (actual) name, shipping address, and email. Also include the color and rail type you desire. I'll email you with a custom invoice with the BRONCO6G Member Discount applied. This will be applicable to 2 uses. I can go to 3, 4, or even 5 if you have that many BRONCOS. I know some of you will have more than one Bronco. This is also a way

Sponsored

Belem

First Edition
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda MX-5/2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My son Rocco and I are flying down to LA this Saturday to pick up our Bronco. We're going to take a leisurely road trip back up to the PNW over the weekend. I'm bringing down one of the black pre-production rails to mount up for the trip. I also picked up a phone mount and a GoPro mount to run on the rail for our ~1,500 mile trip. After that trip is complete, I'll have a good case study of what to expect and how the BAM performs with accessories mounted. I'll take pics along the way and post them on the thread when I can.
Probably just got back in town...

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,ā€˜21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will we received a shipped/tracking email once it ships?
Sponsored