Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not the way I read it. My understanding is he can't find a phone mount for picatinny that doesn't look ridiculous. I have picatinny on order as well, second guessing that, may go with the smooth option instead.
My whole point is that the phone mount above can be used on a picatinny as well as a smooth so I was curious if that particular phone mount would be considered ridiculous looking in his eyes. Because if not then he would be all set.
Sponsored

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My whole point is that the phone amount above can be used on a picatinny as well as a smooth so I was curious if that particular phone mount would be considered ridiculous looking in his eyes. Because if not then he would be all set.
Got it. I haven’t really looked in to mounts yet, but see nothing wrong with the one you shared.

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are people mostly ordering the Picatinny or M-Lok BAM? I ordered the Picatinny BAM yesterday but am now having 2nd thoughts as I can't find many phone mounts that don't look ridiculous with it.
There isn't a Picatinny or M-Lok choice.
Both rails are Picatinny.

M-Lok is a proprietary thin "rectangular" cut that belongs to Magpul that doesn’t use a cross cut
Unless Eightlug did some fancy machining on the underside of these rails they will not take M-Lok accessories.

These choices are the "mil spec" version with all the cross cuts and the other choice is long gaps between the cuts. The long gap version would limit where you could put something ONLY IF you were using a "mil spec" mount that indexes in the slot.

So, unless you are utilizing a mount that indexes in the slot, they will both operate and look the same.

Mg

Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING | BAM-BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail) 52939200-4F33-4234-8EC2-00E8F5138E11
Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING | BAM-BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail) 49E752C8-46FA-487F-8481-F164DC68A18B

Last edited:

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've ordered the Picatinny. You think the below looks ridiculous?

Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING | BAM-BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail) 49E752C8-46FA-487F-8481-F164DC68A18B
That's not too bad although I do prefer a more minimalist magnetic mount where the mount disappears behind the phone. Thank you for sending.

How is the visibility with basically a 3rd A-pillar since the mirror is so low.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's not too bad although I do prefer a more minimalist magnetic mount where the mount disappears behind the phone. Thank you for sending.

How is the visibility with basically a 3rd A-pillar since the mirror is so low.
Thomas, that is actually a picture of what Curtis at Archetype was using in his ride, I don't have my vehicle yet, but my phone set up is the same. I will let you know if I can still see out my windshield when I do get the car.;)

Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thomas, that is actually a picture of what Curtis at Archetype was using in his ride, I don't have my vehicle yet, but my phone set up is the same. I will let you know if I can still see out my windshield when I do get the car.;)
I might have to strategically place it over an inevitable crack in the windshield.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I might have to strategically place it over an inevitable crack in the windshield.
Now your thinking, kill two birds with one stone.

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AR | BAM BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail)

Here are your saucy renders of the three standard colors on the two rail designs. We have Picatinny available in Graphite Black, Tech Bronze, and Tumbled Matte Clear.

Pricing... Everyone wants to know what this sweet piece of kit will cost.

$275.00 shipped. BRONCO6G members will get 20% off ($220)! If you want in on the pre-purchase, before it's on the website or available anywhere else, here's what I'll need you to do. The parts won't be available outside of BRONCO6G until after November 5th or after SEMA wraps up.

Step 1: Reply to this thread with 'SEND IT' and I'll add you to the list on Post #2. Your place on the list isn't necessarily the order you will be receiving your AR | BAM BYODR, because they will be produced in bulk and orders fulfilled as they roll out of anodizing.

Step 2: PM me with your (actual) name, shipping address, and email. Also include the color and rail type you desire. I'll email you with a custom invoice with the BRONCO6G Member Discount applied. This will be applicable to 2 uses. I can go to 3, 4, or even 5 if you have that many BRONCOS. I know some of you will have more than one Bronco. This is also a way to grow the community and drive traffic to the website. This offer will also be available to all existing and new BRONCO6G members, beyond November 5th.

-Smooth Rail Option-

There's also the smooth rail option. Same colors are available.
Graphite Black, Tech Bronze, and Tumbled Matte Clear.

Being that the entire unit is modular, you'll be able to order one rail smooth and one rail Picatinny, if you so desire. In the end, it was just easier to produce the two rails separately. As always, we appreciate the support!

send it! these look great

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Read the thread. SOON. The parts are getting made as we speak.

waaay off the subject of the very cool rail

funny..beating the dead horse..I was thinking I saw this somewhere...its from the movie Office Space

they turned the scene into A gif and added the horse.

1:00 in ...

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well we've made it to December @EIGHTLUG , when are these going to start to ship out? You should even have the fancy boxes by now. Still hoping this will beat my Bronco to my door, so it's ready to install as soon as I take delivery.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Curious to understand the value of mounting the iphone on the dash/rail when car play works very well. Aside from watching a movie or doing email.

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Curious to understand the value of mounting the iphone on the dash/rail when car play works very well. Aside from watching a movie or doing email.
Using it as a camera.

AaronW

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Car Play actually sucks quite bad in the Bronco using Sync4. The integration into Sync4 for Teams, Zoom and regular phone calls often have a 70% failure rate where you cannot control the muting, hearing the meeting through the speakers or significant background noise (my biggest pet peeve) even when not driving.

The rail system for me will provide a mount point for a GMRS base station, tablet running OnXOff-road (since Ford can't seem to get their act together on their performance app) and (2) phone mounts - driver and passenger. All of which will be powered by the LUX package outlet using a USB hub which will be under-mounted on this rail system.

I personally am QUITE excited to receive my rail. Hoping it comes in the next few weeks.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Car Play actually sucks quite bad in the Bronco using Sync4. The integration into Sync4 for Teams, Zoom and regular phone calls often have a 70% failure rate where you cannot control the muting, hearing the meeting through the speakers or significant background noise (my biggest pet peeve) even when not driving.

The rail system for me will provide a mount point for a GMRS base station, tablet running OnXOff-road (since Ford can't seem to get their act together on their performance app) and (2) phone mounts - driver and passenger. All of which will be powered by the LUX package outlet using a USB hub which will be under-mounted on this rail system.

I personally am QUITE excited to receive my rail. Hoping it comes in the next few weeks.
I share your excitement for the rail system. My thoughts centered on the mounting of a phone since my car play experience has been decidedly different from yours. I do like the idea of passenger and driver mounting, that is something I had not considered.

AaronW

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I share your excitement for the rail system. My thoughts centered on the mounting of a phone since my car play experience has been decidedly different from yours. I do like the idea of passenger and driver mounting, that is something I had not considered.
I do a significant amount of conference calls on the road. If I have CarPlay disabled and just use the native BT integration into Sync4 I have none of the above issues.
Sponsored