First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is a great idea. I can't understand how auto manufacturesrs have not integrated a solution for their cars yet.
Would you guys be willing to send me over some pics and dimensions of your transponders? I'll need that data to design something that works.
Sponsored

Badsquatch2021

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tbd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually…. That’s totally doable. I would just provision a counterbore for the mounting hardware on the smooth side of the rail. Then you can have smooth on one side and picatinny on the other. Mount it however you wish. Great idea! This is why I enjoy bringing the community into the design process. 🤜🏼🤛🏼
That's what we're here for, consulting advice, first times free 😁. After all those years of design and engineering I feel like I've provided value.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually…. That’s totally doable. I would just provision a counterbore for the mounting hardware on the smooth side of the rail. Then you can have smooth on one side and picatinny on the other. Mount it however you wish. Great idea! This is why I enjoy bringing the community into the design process. 🤜🏼🤛🏼
I like this idea.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UGH!!!! I miss Whataburger! I love their green chile bacon chessburgers. SO DAMN GOOD!
I'm in the drive through right now... you know... for research purposes.

Chili bacon is amazing but I'm going Pattymelt this time

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd like to see mounts for cb/gmrs and the toll transponders like was mentioned. Can't wait to get my hands on this rail. Looks great
where's the kickstarter link? LOL

Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING | BAM-BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail) 20210924_162444
Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING | BAM-BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail) 20210924_162130
Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING | BAM-BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail) 20210924_162141
Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING | BAM-BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail) 20210924_162412
Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING | BAM-BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail) 20210924_162350

I can't believe I make 1 joke and I'm out here in my shop measuring sauce packs :ROFLMAO:

But I will seriously buy one. Now, if someone wants to go measure some chik-fil-a sauces that would complete the set.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
20210924_162444.jpg
20210924_162130.jpg
20210924_162141.jpg
20210924_162412.jpg
20210924_162350.jpg

I can't believe I make 1 joke and I'm out here in my shop measuring sauce packs :ROFLMAO:

But I will seriously buy one. Now, if someone wants to go measure some chik-fil-a sauces that would complete the set.
Looks like we’re going to will the AR | FART into existence. I’m with it! Let’s Go!

Last edited:
OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I need a favor. Can any and all that can, thread a 1/4-20 bolt into their BYOD mount point on their dash and verify that the bolt is angled forward. See the pic below. I definitely want a larger sample size. I want to make sure this isn’t a one-off but is actually common amongst all BRONCOs. I’m assuming this design forces the rail to be preloaded to the rear against the pockets on the left and right mounting feet.
Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING | BAM-BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail) 96A7FDDE-DD6E-4F33-9FFB-079549363600

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need a favor. Can any and all that can, thread a 1/4-20 bolt into their BYOD mount point on their dash and verify that the bolt is angled forward. See the pic below. I definitely want a larger sample size. I want to make sure this isn’t a one-off but is actually common amongst all BRONCOs. I’m assuming this design forces the rail to be preloaded to the rear against the pockets on the left and right mounting feet.
Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING | BAM-BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail) 96A7FDDE-DD6E-4F33-9FFB-079549363600

Paging a couple folks who have Broncos @PREMiERdrum @Mattwings @Southern Girl @BroBronco

Sponsored

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Paging a couple folks who have Broncos @PREMiERdrum @Mattwings @Southern Girl @BroBronco
If I had a bolt that thread size I would try to help. But I dont. Sorry. The tilt does make sense. I wouldn't be surprised if Ford angled the mount port in a way so it angles the camera down giving you a better view of the road vs the sky. This two cents coming off about 3 years of me installing dash cams for car dealers...which I no longer do bc i have since moved onto other products. Hopefully someone else can help.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs