Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Admins,

If this post needs to be moved, that's fine. If I need to register as a vendor, let me know. Thanks!

Hello! I'm Curtis. Long time forum reader and YouTube video watcher on all things new Bronco. I'm the owner of ARCHETYPE RACING. Currently we specialize in highly bespoke aero parts and hardware for the GT350, GT500, and other S550 Mustangs. I have a FE Bronco inbound from Upland Ford in Upland, CA. I'm super excited to get this project going! Once I have the new Bronco in my hands, I'll be 3D scanning and modeling as much as I can into Solidworks to develop high quality aftermarket billet aluminum, carbon composite, and carbon fiber parts for it.

https://www.archetyperacing.com/

We'll be machining all of the aluminum parts, in house. The list of new components on my want list is quite expansive. I definitely want to leverage every aspect of the modular front bumper. Additional mounting for lights, modular utility mounts, recovery points, off road flag mounts, the list goes on and on. As always, your input is always welcomed. All of the mounting bracketry for our diffusers, wings, and other components are 6061, 7075, or 17-4 stainless. Being able to make more functional parts for the Bronco will be super fun!

I also work in a very specialized thermally bonded carbon composite. Currently, I'm using this in my front splitters for race cars. It's near indestructible. A 10mm thick piece is bulletproof against handgun rounds and subsonic rifle rounds. I'll start employing this same material in belly pans, rock sliders and skid plates. That is this material's initial use case, when the Gov't put the RFQ out for the design of this carbon composite. It was to line the bottom of APCs, MRAPs, and various other vehicles in war zones against IEDs. It does that job extremely well. It's extremely robust and lightweight. Why not use it for bash plates?
Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING is moving into BRONCO parts IMG-1193

Lastly, there's traditional carbon fiber. All of my carbon fiber parts are made nearby in oh so sunny Georgetown, WA. Replacement body panels, fender flares, interior bits and bobs. All of the typical uses for carbon fiber. With the ability to remove and replace fenders on the Bronco, this seems like a no brainer.

And this is where this community comes in. I'm an enthusiast, like you all. The reason I started ARCHETYPE was because no one was making the parts I wanted or it was being made and it was substandard and manufactured overseas. I'm an Air Force Veteran, small business owner, and I keep all of my manufacturing in the US. I am as passionate about producing a great product, as you are about your vehicle's modifications. It's always humbling to see my parts in pictures on instagram and the owner showing them off. Besides just looking good, they are always super functional.

Aside from my personal list of parts for the Bronco, I'd like the community to drive the direction of what's produced. Many of the components I make for the GT350 and GT500 were because the community asked for it. Group buys, deep discounts, early adopters, all of that is in play. ARCHETYPE can scan, model, produce amazing parts, and ship them direct to you.

ARCHETYPE RACING is also a dealer for Addictive Desert Design and Baja Designs. For Bronco6G Members, there's a standing 10% discount and $100 flat rate shipping on ADD parts and 15% discount and free shipping on Baja Designs. Just PM me your Name/email/Shipping Address/Ph#/and what you'd like and we'll get it going.

Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING is moving into BRONCO parts IMG-1515.JPG
Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING is moving into BRONCO parts IMG_1027.JPG
Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Admins,

If this post needs to be moved, that's fine. If I need to register as a vendor, let me know. Thanks!

Hello! I'm Curtis. Long time forum reader and YouTube video watcher on all things new Bronco. I'm the owner of ARCHETYPE RACING. Currently we specialize in highly bespoke aero parts and hardware for the GT350, GT500, and other S550 Mustangs. I have a FE Bronco inbound from Upland Ford in Upland, CA. I'm super excited to get this project going! Once I have the new Bronco in my hands, I'll be 3D scanning and modeling as much as I can into Solidworks to develop high quality aftermarket billet aluminum, carbon composite, and carbon fiber parts for it.

https://www.archetyperacing.com/

We'll be machining all of the aluminum parts, in house. The list of new components on my want list is quite expansive. I definitely want to leverage every aspect of the modular front bumper. Additional mounting for lights, modular utility mounts, recovery points, off road flag mounts, the list goes on and on. As always, your input is always welcomed. All of the mounting bracketry for our diffusers, wings, and other components are 6061, 7075, or 17-4 stainless. Being able to make more functional parts for the Bronco will be super fun!

I also work in a very specialized thermally bonded carbon composite. Currently, I'm using this in my front splitters for race cars. It's near indestructible. A 10mm thick piece is bulletproof against handgun rounds and subsonic rifle rounds. I'll start employing this same material in belly pans, rock sliders and skid plates. That is this material's initial use case, when the Gov't put the RFQ out for the design of this carbon composite. It was to line the bottom of APCs, MRAPs, and various other vehicles in war zones against IEDs. It does that job extremely well. It's extremely robust and lightweight. Why not use it for bash plates?

Lastly, there's traditional carbon fiber. All of my carbon fiber parts are made nearby in oh so sunny Georgetown, WA. Replacement body panels, fender flares, interior bits and bobs. All of the typical uses for carbon fiber. With the ability to remove and replace fenders on the Bronco, this seems like a no brainer.

And this is where this community comes in. I'm an enthusiast, like you all. The reason I started ARCHETYPE was because no one was making the parts I wanted or it was being made and it was substandard and manufactured overseas. I'm an Air Force Veteran, small business owner, and I keep all of my manufacturing in the US. I am as passionate about producing a great product, as you are about your vehicle's modifications. It's always humbling to see my parts in pictures on instagram and the owner showing them off. Besides just looking good, they are always super functional.

Aside from my personal list of parts for the Bronco, I'd like the community to drive the direction of what's produced. Many of the components I make for the GT350 and GT500 were because the community asked for it. Group buys, deep discounts, early adopters, all of that is in play. ARCHETYPE can scan, model, produce amazing parts, and ship them direct to you.

ARCHETYPE RACING is also a dealer for Addictive Desert Design and Baja Designs. For Bronco6G Members, there's a standing 10% discount and $100 flat rate shipping on ADD parts and 15% discount and free shipping on Baja Designs. Just PM me your Name/email/Shipping Address/Ph#/and what you'd like and we'll get it going.

Looks like some amazing stuff you guys sell. It's always good to have enthusiast companies building things for enthusiasts. Thanks for introducing yourself! Looking forward to what you guys end up putting together!

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Neat stuff.

Spitballing my own hopes/ wishes here, but if you beat Ford to the punch with the so-called "Picatinny" accessory rail - or develop a kit to let those of us with lower-tier models install a dash-mounted power port in a neatly-finished fashion, a la OEM - betting you'd see some interest...

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Welcome. Looking forward to seeing some of your stuff. I'll have to look into the carbon composite. Is there a way to compare it against typical steel and aluminum armor from both strength and price point?

As for what I'm looking for right off the bat, a winch mounting solution that won't block the front facing camera. I have a feeling it's going to involve replacing the mod bumper rather than augmenting it.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm looking forward to your quality USA products, your Mustang catalog is a solid lineup. If you'd like to get in with Mid Atlantic shop for installs DM me. My current stance is to stay out of manufacturing accessories, and offer the best installation available on available product.

FWIW: I'd like to see anti theft hardware on light brackets, lights are valuable.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking forward to see what you come up with.
Interested in this composite, having spent some time in MRAPs and JERRVs myself.

This will be the first vehicle I end up making any modifications to, and I tend to gravitate towards the subtle and functional.

As etmccaus86 said, a BYOD rail kit would be nice, and certainly a variety of options to swap out everything that uses the Bronco bolts, like the handles and such, would be good.

I'm definitely planning on adding lights to the modular bumper, looking at something like the Raptor kits that fit into the triangular space at the ends (not planning to remove the ends), so brackets for that would be good.

I'd also be interested in steps that can be mounted while leaving the factory rock rails in place, or an option that replaces the factory rails with something that can offer more of a step and still be fairly subtle.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Would you be able to do anything for the interior grab handles? It would super cool to see them in carbon!
Absolutely. That's on the list. Our design was a billet grab handle with a carbon inlay. Full carbon is also a possibility. The billet/carbon part would be executed similar to what FORTIS does with their rifle grips. https://fortismfg.com/torque-pg-cf

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny you say that. I have intentions of making it. I really wasn't aware that it wasn't standard on Bronco. I want something similar for my track GT350 to mount GoPros, lap timer, and transponder on. But since you mentioned it, to reverse engineer that rail with some ARCHETYPE enhancements, it's a slam dunk.
The BYOD rail is one of those things that's a bit elusive right now. No clear info from Ford if it's standard, included in a package, or delayed as a later accessory.

Sponsored

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for sharing! Looking forward to seeing all the accessories, mods, and add-ons you and your company create for the Bronco!

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

How does the friction coefficient of jabroc/delignit against rock compare to steel skids? And are you planning on using that for your bash plates, or just straight carbon composite?

What's the difference between your thermally bonded carbon composite and, idk, autoclaved prepregs? (Not trying to ask trick questions, I'm genuinely curious)

Also every time I see a composites company in the Seattle area I have to ask - how many of your folks went to UW?

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thank you for sharing! Looking forward to seeing all the accessories, mods, and add-ons you and your company create for the Bronco!
'Bronco-Overlander.' Man after my own heart! I lived in Colorado for 6 years. Had a BMW dual sport at the time and that's where I also acquired the Land Rover Series and Defender. The trio were primarily for exploring the Rockies. I'd love to get your input on ruggedized mounts for shovels, MaxxTrax, Hi-Lift Jack, Rotopax, etc. I'm thinking 6061 billet with a textured powdercoat or cerakote.

Oddly enough, I have the full Ford Performance dealer catalog for Bronco parts. I received it yesterday. It's just name/part number/retail & dealer cost. No pics of the parts. I can for sure get my hands on OEM roof racks to R&D from.

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does Ford give out CAD files to vendors to ensure an accurate fit of new parts, or do you have to laser scan a physical car to create your attachment points?

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Carbon fiber grille and fender flares would be :love:. Too bad the flares would be stolen in 0.4 seconds. I would definitely be interested in a grille though or any interior trim pieces that would get rid of the blue accents in my Outer Banks. Lol
Sponsored

Last edited: