Sponsored

Are 2 door modular hardtop windows removable?

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been searching around and I'm not finding any sign of removable windows on the 2 door modular hardtop. I do recall seeing the windows removed on a 4 door modular hardtop. I want to say that it was mentioned at some point the 2 door windows will not be removable.

Okay Bronco sleuths, whatcha got?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been searching around and I'm not finding any sign of removable windows on the 2 door modular hardtop. I do recall seeing the windows removed on a 4 door modular hardtop. I want to say that it was mentioned at some point the door windows will not be removable.

Okay Bronco sleuths, whatcha got?
Windows are removable on both modular hard tops. It also adds a gunner type door to the roof in the 2 door to the back hatch.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Use the Search. This has been discussed a lot.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what's the source for this? Is there a single preproduction photo out there anywhere?
It was confirmed some time around early/mid October.

Original Ford statements were that they were removable.

Then at Super Celebration West in Sept, someone asked the Ford rep if the windows were removable on the 2-door ans he said “no.” Uncertain whether he meant that specific preproduction model, or in general and Ford changed their mind... but it should be noted that this same rep also said the only difference between the BL and Squatch suspension was a 10mm bump stop.

Then in October we got confirmation that yes, they are removable like they said from the beginning. It was as that point that I felt comfortable saying they were. (Up until then I was careful to point out that it hadn’t been confirmed and we had contradictory information).

I’m looking for the confirmation now... it may have even been eye-witness confirmation from one of the Ford employees on the forum.

Quick question though: Why are you being so confrontational about this?

Do you have info we don’t? If so, please share. We’re not trying to full a fast one on you. We’re trying to get the most accurate info.

OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was confirmed some time around early/mid October.

Original Ford statements were that they were removable.

Then at Super Celebration West in Sept, someone asked the Ford rep if the windows were removable on the 2-door ans he said “no.” Uncertain whether he meant that specific preproduction model, or in general and Ford changed their mind... but it should be noted that this same rep also said the only difference between the BL and Squatch suspension was a 10mm bump stop.

Then in October we got confirmation that yes, they are removable like they said from the beginning. It was as that point that I felt comfortable saying they were. (Up until then I was careful to point out that it hadn’t been confirmed and we had contradictory information).

I’m looking for the confirmation now... it may have even been eye-witness confirmation from one of the Ford employees on the forum.

Quick question though: Why are you being so confrontational about this?

Do you have info we don’t? If so, please share. We’re not trying to full a fast one on you. We’re trying to get the most accurate info.
No confrontation intended. Modular hard top is $1,895, I have no use for it and the delay if the windows are not removable. Order time is upon us. This an expensive choice, don't want to be wrong.

Plenty of preprods running around and I have yet to see a picture. 4 door yes.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll believe it when I see it.

The one thing out of Ford's wheelhouse at the time they decided to bring the Bronco was the hardtop. It is the one thing they needed to nail to break into Jeep's market share beyond the first year hype. I think they've screwed the pooch on it so far.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heres the timeline:

- Mike Levine early on tweets total number of removable parts on both mod tops as 6. (This would include windows.)

- Ford lists removable pieces and states rear windows on both tops.

- Ford rep at NYSE event (Aug) state’s pre-production two doors don’t yet, but production units will.

- Ford Rep at super cell west (Sept) states the two door (there?) doesn’t have removable windows. (Not sure he meant just that unit or in general. Was also wrong about other stuff)

-Ford rep at super cell east (Oct) states that both 2 and 4 door will have removable windows.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/q-a-from-bronco-super-celebration-east.6462/

Somewhere in there I may have even missed our inside man confirming as well.

So, based on all that, yes, until I hear otherwise I am sticking to the belief that the 2-door will have removable windows.

(In the very least, Ford still intends for them to be removable and I have no indication that’s not still the case.)

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I find no reason to believe that it would not be removable. I would love to see it demonstrated as well. So, I understand your frustration on that part. Maybe it’s coming soon? We got those sweet carpet headliners tonight for the MIC top. ? Maybe the 2DR Mod top is next.
Sponsored