Sponsored

Are 2 piece lug nuts going to be an issue?

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if Ford is using their two piece lug nut design on the Bronco? I'm wondering if or when we are going to see the first cases of people being stranded in a remote area with their Bronco because they can't get a lug nut off a wheel with an unrepairable flat.

On Friday, I had to get my MKZ towed because I had a flat and the included lug wrench didn't fit any of the lugs, so I couldn't swap to the spare.

My brother said he had the exact same problem with his Fusion and that it was a known problem with Fords: the lug nuts swell up.

The guy at the tire place said the same thing: all Fords and Lincolns have problems with the lug nuts. They are a two piece design that has issues over time from swelling to slippage of the outer layer. He suggested I replace all of them with a solid one piece design, which I did.

I did some research and saw that there was even a class action lawsuit against Ford over this, but the lawsuit was thrown out.

I sure hope Ford isn't going to strand people off-road just because of their terrible lug nuts.
Sponsored

Winkydee

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Econoline Cargo Van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What specifically did you get? Brand and where purchased? Thanks
I'm not sure. I just took the ones Tires Plus offered. I'm sure they are nothing special, but I'm only keeping the car untill I gety Bronco so I don't care.