Sponsored

Are 35's better than 37's for Daily Driving ? ? ? ?

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Waiting for the 4 door Wildtrak to come in. This will be my new daily drive and will be much more Comfortable then daily driving my GT500.

I like the look of the 37's but don't know if I'm much better off staying with 35's?

The 37's would weight about 5lbs to 7lbs. more per wheel and I don't know how much that would hit the MPG as well.
Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My two door 2.7 went from 16.2 to 15.9 post 3” lift and 37” KM3s. Also added bumpers and a winch. My drivability is nearly factory. Very happy I did it.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I daily 37s and even have run 38s. Now for driving it rides as good if not better have more rubber between you and the road it handles great also. Now MPG I get like 13mpg its all town miles but I could care less about that. I also have a 93 cobra so big fan of the GT500.

Mines the 2.7

Builds in my description.

BenBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 and 2020 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I daily drive 37 inch KO2s and have a 3 inch lift. It is a 2.3 manual transmission. Rides great. MPG dropped by about 1 mile/gallon versus stock.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 3" lift and true 37's (36.8 and 12.9" wide) each tire/wheel combo weighs about 40lbs more than SAS. My MPG dropped by about 1.5. the 4.7 gears and 2.7 have no issues getting up to speed, but braking is slightly reduced and definitely feels like I have some weights attached to my legs. That being said I daily it and it's not a problem as I'd imagine it would be on a jeep.

Sponsored

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Of course 35s are better for daily driving.
I‘m surprised anyone has to ask
Logically you would get better handling with a more on road focused tire vs a AT or mud tire. Larger tires weight more so it would make a difference in performance if were comparing the same tires in a 35 vs a 37. Higher center of gravity will also impact your on road handling. Youll also get worse gas milage if your moving more unspring weight. For everday driving you honestly want smaller wheels and tires but if its off roading then make it look cool. I originally wanted a BD with the 32" tires and after logically thinking about the reason for buying a Bronco was not to get a fast sporty car it was to have a mean cool truck with a top that comes off. So IMO if you like the off road style then go all in.

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had a BMW 335i E93, Gen6 Camaro 2SS, now an Audi S4 B9.
I have some "bad habits" that drive too quick and fast on my Bronco.

Looking at OP... you have a GT500. If you have good self control, go for the 37s. It does look good.
But if you are like me, stay with the 35s...

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In '07 I bought a brand new JKUX. Couldn't stand the wimpy wheels/tires, and 3 months later installed a 4" lift and 37s. Looked great, was fun, but I hated it as a daily driver. 12mpg, hard to drive on the highway, etc. I traded in on an '11 Camaro SS when they came out and said if I ever bought a Jeep again I'd get a Rubicon and leave it stock. Did just that in '19, and would still be driving it if I hadn't traded in on the BadSquatch for many reasons. Loving the Badsquatch, love the way it drives, looks, etc. I have no intentions of messing with it unless maybe I keep it long enough that I get another daily driver and then I might lift the Bronco.

At the least, I'd say to wait until it gets here and drive it around a few weeks and see what you think. ;)

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just check the tire size on the ones at the mall.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
In '07 I bought a brand new JKUX. Couldn't stand the wimpy wheels/tires, and 3 months later installed a 4" lift and 37s. Looked great, was fun, but I hated it as a daily driver. 12mpg, hard to drive on the highway, etc. I traded in on an '11 Camaro SS when they came out and said if I ever bought a Jeep again I'd get a Rubicon and leave it stock. Did just that in '19, and would still be driving it if I hadn't traded in on the BadSquatch for many reasons. Loving the Badsquatch, love the way it drives, looks, etc. I have no intentions of messing with it unless maybe I keep it long enough that I get another daily driver and then I might lift the Bronco.

At the least, I'd say to wait until it gets here and drive it around a few weeks and see what you think. ;)
A friend of mine has a JK Rubicon, never been off-road but he's driving around pavement on rumbling mud tires, apparently that's a thing, lol.

Larger tires and in particular aggressive mud tires, made my Jeep worse on pavement, both in handling, noise and power. I'm not sure how the laws of physics can be denied, by not having some negative pavement impact at least, regardless of vehicle make.

My TJ handling and comfort with coil springs, is overall worse than my CJ with leaf springs, due to the TJ larger/heavier mud tires. Off-road is another story, but still depends on terrain and usage. Midwest mud runners will often go big. Out in Moab, high lift and huge tires was not always the ticket on slickrock, leastways in off-camber situations. The best setup for performance is gonna depend on the usage. Sometimes looks trump usage though.

Agreed I'd wait and try out on/off road, before making changes.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My two door 2.7 went from 16.2 to 15.9 post 3” lift and 37” KM3s. Also added bumpers and a winch. My drivability is nearly factory. Very happy I did it.
About the same here. As far as daily driving? No difference.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
About the same here. As far as daily driving? No difference.
That’s been my impression as well, actually better in some of the handling.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I daily my 37's on a 5" lift to include towing my boat Mon thru Fri. My mpg is around 17. Drive ability is excellent and rides like a new truck should, couldn't be happier!

IMG_20230202_135705.jpg

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I daily my 37's on a 5" lift to include towing my boat Mon thru Fri. My mpg is around 17. Drive ability is excellent and rides like a new truck should, couldn't be happier!

Ford Bronco Are 35's better than 37's for Daily Driving ? ? ? ? IMG_20230202_135705
??
Ford Bronco Are 35's better than 37's for Daily Driving ? ? ? ? 1675377370456
Sponsored