Sponsored

Are 35's better than 37's for Daily Driving ? ? ? ?

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For anyone still waiting and driving a Jeep its a complete different world my Jeep on 33s drove worse than my Bronco on 38s its not even close.

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For anyone still waiting and driving a Jeep its a complete different world my Jeep on 33s drove worse than my Bronco on 38s its not even close.
I’d argue that comes down more to proper setup/caster/alignment than anything. I have a 392 on one ton axles & 40s and can have 1 finger on the wheel going down the interstate…but I know how to use an angle finder and dial in my front end. Did an home alignment too with a tape measurer. Most installers are lazy and slap lifts on and send them out the door.

With that said, I’m keeping the Fiancé’s BadSquatch on 35s. Will probably ditch the stock SAS wheels/tires for now (and the next 2-3 years most likely) but it’s staying on 35s. Drives fantastic stock! I’m a fan of only running the biggest tire you need to for the trails you want to do. The Jeep needs 40s on the trails I like to run. The Bronco…not so much!

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

35 will definitely drive better than anything bigger - that's what the bronco was designed for....Unless you do some suspension modifications. I was toying with the idea of 37s but I've done the hardest trails here in Vegas and have had no issues at all tackling stuff with the 35s (I do have the Eibach Pro Lift kit (springs only) - about a 2 inch lift). The weight of the wheel does matter though. When I changed from stock SAS wheels (35lbs each) to RTR wheels (22 lbs each), the ride quality improvement was very noticeable. Especially over small road bumps and undulations, since there is significantly less "mass" going upwards into the shocks, it tracks better and is way smoother. Having said that, I will be upgrading to NITTO Trail Grapplers next - which are "true" 35s and will give me about 1/2 inch more height from ground to undercarriage.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
JL Jeeps have recirculating ball steering vs the rack and pinion in the Bronco. Huge difference in handling. No wonder you can't keep Jeeps straight with balloon tires.

Sponsored

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
AMTRV, right on ! And taking it a step further 33 s will be better daily drivers than 35 s …..

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Running a Badlands on 37x12.5 AT's/3" lift, Professional Alignment, Daily, It's comfortable, rides nice, and tracks well.

I have a JKU Sahara On 37x13.5 MT's/3.5" lift, With Hydro Assist& Rubicon Axles, Aligned myself, No Longer Daily, but run it regularly. It's comfortable, Rides OK, and Tracks OK.

The Bronco is more comfortable, Yes, The Bronco Tracks and handles better, The Bronco 2.3/MT Gets better mileage than the 3.6/Auto Pentastar by 1.5mpg (17.5 vs 16) But all the folks here that think Jeeps are so horrible either haven't driven one that is properly set up, or haven't driven one at all. I Daily drove TJs and JKs for the last 15 Years, and my teeth haven't rattled out of my head, my back is still straight, and I haven't killed a bus load of nuns due to death wobble.

To the original question; Properly chosen for weight, there will be little difference between a light 37" Tire and wheel combo and 35", The choice of MT, AT, Or Hybrid (like the Ridge Grappler) is gonna make a more noticeable difference than size in comfort and handling for daily use.

A 23 Wildtrak is gonna come with Goodyear 35"s already, Run them until you wear them out, Then decide if you want to jump to 37", Your Wildtrak is already equipped with HOSS 3.0 so it will handle the 37"s well if you decide to upgrade.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Running a Badlands on 37x12.5 AT's/3" lift, Professional Alignment, Daily, It's comfortable, rides nice, and tracks well.

I have a JKU Sahara On 37x13.5 MT's/3.5" lift, With Hydro Assist& Rubicon Axles, Aligned myself, No Longer Daily, but run it regularly. It's comfortable, Rides OK, and Tracks OK.

The Bronco is more comfortable, Yes, The Bronco Tracks and handles better, The Bronco 2.3/MT Gets better mileage than the 3.6/Auto Pentastar by 1.5mpg (17.5 vs 16) But all the folks here that think Jeeps are so horrible either haven't driven one that is properly set up, or haven't driven one at all. I Daily drove TJs and JKs for the last 15 Years, and my teeth haven't rattled out of my head, my back is still straight, and I haven't killed a bus load of nuns due to death wobble.

To the original question; Properly chosen for weight, there will be little difference between a light 37" Tire and wheel combo and 35", The choice of MT, AT, Or Hybrid (like the Ridge Grappler) is gonna make a more noticeable difference than size in comfort and handling for daily use.

A 23 Wildtrak is gonna come with Goodyear 35"s already, Run them until you wear them out, Then decide if you want to jump to 37", Your Wildtrak is already equipped with HOSS 3.0 so it will handle the 37"s well if you decide to upgrade.
Wait, so you survived the Jeep "death wobble", inconceivable! ;)

Ford Bronco Are 35's better than 37's for Daily Driving ? ? ? ? 1675396874400

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

35 will definitely drive better than anything bigger - that's what the bronco was designed for....Unless you do some suspension modifications. I was toying with the idea of 37s but I've done the hardest trails here in Vegas and have had no issues at all tackling stuff with the 35s (I do have the Eibach Pro Lift kit (springs only) - about a 2 inch lift). The weight of the wheel does matter though. When I changed from stock SAS wheels (35lbs each) to RTR wheels (22 lbs each), the ride quality improvement was very noticeable. Especially over small road bumps and undulations, since there is significantly less "mass" going upwards into the shocks, it tracks better and is way smoother. Having said that, I will be upgrading to NITTO Trail Grapplers next - which are "true" 35s and will give me about 1/2 inch more height from ground to undercarriage.
Are you sure about that? The Nittos are close to the same diameter. They have a higher load range, so the side walls will be stiffer.
According to the tire specs, which may not be directly comparable, the biggest Nitto 35's will net you 0.22" ground clearance, plus the stiffer sidewall. I have no idea if that will get you 1/2", though.

I'm no fan of the GY's. Good all around traction, but they seem flimsy. I'll be upgrading eventually, but if I go with 35's again I won't be expecting much, if any, difference in height. Only more durability. Good news is, no matter which brand of 35's you choose, you won't lose any height, as the GY's are on the smaller side; same rated diameter as BFG KO2's.

Ford Bronco Are 35's better than 37's for Daily Driving ? ? ? ? 1675432286309

Ford Bronco Are 35's better than 37's for Daily Driving ? ? ? ? 1675432341116

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Barely a change in mpg and road manners are great. Only wish these were C load instead of D.

09026F89-6A40-4C2A-89EA-4EFB2FCE1275.jpeg

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Barely a change in mpg and road manners are great. Only wish these were C load instead of D.

Ford Bronco Are 35's better than 37's for Daily Driving ? ? ? ? 09026F89-6A40-4C2A-89EA-4EFB2FCE1275
Those the ridge grapplers or trail grapplers?

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hoss 3.0 doesn’t change the height compared to hoss 2.0. Your not safe to run 37 on stock lift and do any real off-road running.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hoss 3.0 doesn’t change the height compared to hoss 2.0. Your not safe to run 37 on stock lift and do any real off-road running.
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I wasn't referring to if they'd fit or not, I was referring to the durability of the steering components, The HOSS 3.0 rack is designed to handle 37" tires.

Clearance is dependent on quite a few factors, with Lift being only one of those, There is also the offset and width of whatever wheels are chosen and what that does to the arc of the tire and scrub radius... These are just some of the factors that have to be considered when choosing a tire and wheel combination. But steering durability isn't a major concern in his case.
Sponsored