Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this has been answered, I apologize for the redundancy, I did not find anything searching. Do the seats have side airbags or are the airbags in the post? I prefer the leather seats over the MGV, but I do not want carpet in my Badlands. I was checking out the Katzkins site and love the custom options. But when talking with the local dealership they warned me that aftermarket leather could be an issue if the seats have airbags. I was told they are not able to sell or trade a vehicle with aftermarket leather, even if it was designed for airbags, because it's not a factory-approved safety feature. Has anyone run into this?
Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

”my dealer said...”

This is just a dealer trying to protect their turf. I don’t doubt that they have that policy, but remember that policy applies equally to somebody throwing a blanket over the seats as it does to a professionally designed product like Katzkin.

Im pretty sure Katzkins lawyers made sure their airbag systems will work just fine.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this has been answered, I apologize for the redundancy, I did not find anything searching. Do the seats have side airbags or are the airbags in the post? I prefer the leather seats over the MGV, but I do not want carpet in my Badlands. I was checking out the Katzkins site and love the custom options. But when talking with the local dealership they warned me that aftermarket leather could be an issue if the seats have airbags. I was told they are not able to sell or trade a vehicle with aftermarket leather, even if it was designed for airbags, because it's not a factory-approved safety feature. Has anyone run into this?
Everything I've seen is that the airbags are located in the overhead roll bar / cage.... *not* the seats.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everything I've seen is that the airbags are located in the overhead roll bar / cage.... *not* the seats.
There are airbags in the front backrests on the outer side. I’ve attached picture to show the little tag sewn in denoting the presence of an airbag.
In regards to OP, it’s probably just some policy the dealer has. Katzkin designs and manufactures their products to meet factory airbag specifications, as long as a reputable shop handles the install there is no safety concern in regards to the airbag in the seat.
Ford Bronco Are Air Bags Located in Seats? Regarding Aftermarket Leather 5F50F7AC-340B-46D3-A783-91FE8CE44F87

Quitefrankly

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder if a baby seat will be okay with a back seat air bag. I’m sure it will be rear facing but in the future when my child gets older I wonder.
Sponsored