Sponsored

Are catalytic converters covered under factory warranty?

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone know if the 2.3 (with Badlands bash plates) is safer than your standard vehicle?
2.3 is also tucked up quite high. Main reason I got bash plates was to cover the cat. I researched and found a set that blocked the cat and the whole under armor set cost little more then a cat lock. When I installed everything I did notice the cat was tucked quite well even with it being a higher up vehicle.
Sponsored

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2.3 is also tucked up quite high. Main reason I got bash plates was to cover the cat. I researched and found a set that blocked the cat and the whole under armor set cost little more then a cat lock. When I installed everything I did notice the cat was tucked quite well even with it being a higher up vehicle.
Which bash plates did you get?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just picked my rig up on Wednesday and specifically asked about what was included / excluded in the warranties. They told me that cats were considered consumables, like brakes or wiper blades. I don't know if this is a new stance due to the recent thefts or something that has been around for a while. Anyhow, I'd speak with Flowmaster 1st and see what they're willing to help with given it's a fairly new product rollout. If nothing there, give the dealership a chance... but my guy says that they won't cover it.

Good luck
Late to the party not reading all pages.....

I believe they are wrong. Cats are part of the emission control system and all parts of emission system are covered longer than normal factory warranty.

Yes, cats are consumed after about 200,000 miles of exhaust cleaning.

But OTOH any modification other than what is considered a normal available replacement part just might void emission warranty.

Catback exhaust replace should not affect warranty. You can replace a failed oem muffler with one from NAPA or even buy Ford's performance exhaust and emission warranty is still good.