Sponsored

Are First Edition Broncos's fender flares paintable or can this be ordered?

BroncoChris

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I see the Outer Banks has painted fender flares. I ordered a FE and wondering if the flares that come with are paintable or can this be ordered? I assume at some point I could order a set from the the Outer Banks but just wondering if anyone has some info.
Sponsored

Collin_Cope

Outer Banks
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition, Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered the Sas OB in AMB and am planning on doing the same thing, swapping for the original OB flares ASAP. I like the look of the matching color and yet still having the agressive 35” tires. I even like them sticking out further than the flares personally.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I see the Outer Banks has painted fender flares. I ordered a FE and wondering if the flares that come with are paintable or can this be ordered? I assume at some point I could order a set from the the Outer Banks but just wondering if anyone has some info.
I’m pretty sure the black MIC flares can technically be painted but they would look like crap and the paint won’t hold long term cause they’re not smooth.

You’re best bet would be to buy separate OBX painted flares and repaint them the color you want or probably from Ford parts you’d be able to buy primed/unpainted OBX flares and then paint those the color you like.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Like painted door handles, door hinges and mirror shells etc..., the painted flares are probably painted elsewhere and shipped to the assembly plant. So, I'd imagine you'd be able to order a painted set or in the very least you'll be able to order a set you can have sprayed. I ordered an OB but plan to buy a set of MIC flares.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Search the accessory list, it has paintable flares listed, not sure if they're squatch or regular size. Aftermarket will provide as well.
Sponsored