RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

4a is good if your hard on the skinny pedal in rain. With our torque management it’s not needed through the first 2 gears but can save your ass in a kick down situation grabbing 2nd or 3rd especially if the wheel is not straight.

Normal driving, I see no use for it. Just excess wear and tear. Be lucky to make 40k miles running 4a on dry pavement daily.
disagree with last part, have used 4a in f150 in the past for thousands of miles and zero i’ll effect. Manual indicates it is safe in all on/off road conditions
Sponsored

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think of it like a camera. You can shoot full auto, but eventually you’re going to get more knowledgeable and want to shoot manual and take full control.

Even then there are shots where auto is the appropriate setting. So it’s nice to have it all.

In my case I can take it step further with the manual transmission. Although I’ve driven an auto and the trail assist, M2 M1 functions are very nice. I used sand mode on the beach the entire week because it changes the steering response and throttle mapping.

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone on the forum previously stated that it will also compensate for airbag deployment

Jer

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands,2017 F350, 2023 F150L, 1976 K20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t real see much of an advantage for modes in 4L, but a cool feature. Off road GOAT modes should turn off the parking sensors. If I am rock crawling or in BAJA mode for example, I don’t need the sensors, and just have to remember to turn them off first time I get close to a tree or something.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered a stick-shift:
-- I am 100% convinced that GOAT modes are at least 95% gimmick.

Sponsored

mgraced

Outer Banks
First Name
Grace
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can’t really say, exactly, since my 12” screen is currently inoperable, but just based on memory, I think Mud & Ruts, Rocks, and maybe Sand? Typically any mode that engages lockers, because you’re going slow. 🤷‍♂️
Oddly enough, tonight I just noticed the button to put the camera on 🤷🏼‍♀️ Had not noticed it before. Next to the auto start/stop button. But looks like you cannot engage it while driving. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Only when stopped.

ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
IS it correct that Sand mode is 4H.?
On a post about a video of Matts's Off road he helps a guy stuck in sand and several people here were discussing if 4H or 4L was right. Many here and I believe Matt said 4L is always better for sand.

If 4L is best why is GOAT MODE for SAND 4H?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oddly enough, tonight I just noticed the button to put the camera on 🤷🏼‍♀️ Had not noticed it before. Next to the auto start/stop button. But looks like you cannot engage it while driving. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Only when stopped.
I think you can under certain GOAT modes/conditions (e.g., mud & ruts, rock crawl, maybe sand, below a certain speed), but it probably requires that you be in a 4WD mode &/or below a certain speed.

I know, for example, that I can manually turn on the front &/or mirror cameras with the camera button when pulling slowly into my garage, which helps me drive over my QuickJack Lift ramps centered between my wheels and avoid approaching too close to my rear garage wall.

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I apologize if this is ignorance but are they really necessary?
Granted I haven't climbed rocks with my Bronco but I do live in Florida where it rains a lot and floods. I often forget to switch the G.O.A.T. mode in different conditions because it's so capable in 2h. When traveling in heavy rain, I feel in complete control. The thing is a tank. Wouldn't 4A save me from slipping?
I've even gone in sugar sand and only used 2h but if I had gotten stuck, wouldn't 4wd have done the trick?
The mode I use the most is Eco to try to save gas (not even sure if that helps) and then Sports to show my friends how much power the 2.7L has.

Again forgive my ignorance but is there things the G.O.A.T. modes do that 4A can't?

Yes…. It’s called 4wheel drive!!!

VERY IMPORTANT!!!!
(FOR EXAMPLE) if you don’t turn OFFF THE TRACTION CONTROL AND USE THE LOCKERS (willy nilly) YOU COULD POTENTIALLY DAMAGE YOUR BRONCO….

The GOAT modes (In ROCK Crawl mode) automatically turns off the traction control (for example) ….
The GOAT modes save you from yourself!!!!

4A splits the power front to rear, similar to an all wheel drive….
4 wheel drive is a completely different animal.
Where decisions have to be made.

hope this makes sense😁

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't even bother with GOAT modes on my Base Sasquatch, because the only off road modes offered are Sand and Slippery. I've tried Eco once or twice, but you don't want that one if you're going up and down hills because it doesn't want to downshift when it needs to. Never bothered with Sport because the mileage is bad enough as is.

So I just switch between 2H, 4A, and 4L as needed. I haven't really found a need for 4H either, and I started another thread to discuss that a few weeks ago. I hit the locker buttons as needed.
You gotta forscan the other modes in. I didn’t realize the base restricted them. Strange I know you would not have the cams but rock , Baja and mud ruts would be nice. Do you have trail cruise or one pedal drive?

Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you have trail cruise or one pedal drive?
Trail Cruise. I didn't really see a need for that either until I went down a narrow road about two miles long that is pretty much ten degrees all the way. Trail Cruise set at 7 or 8 works wonderfully for that case. You have to be in 4L or it will fry your brakes, but I figured that out pretty quickly.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Trail Cruise. I didn't really see a need for that either until I went down a narrow road about two miles long that is pretty much ten degrees all the way. Trail Cruise set at 7 or 8 works wonderfully for that case. You have to be in 4L or it will fry your brakes, but I figured that out pretty quickly.
It’s what I’ve used most on group rides it’s awesome.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't view the GOAT modes as a huge value-add, but they are like presets for anything else. The hardcore will scoff and want to tweak everything to their individual preference. Personally I will find them to be a convenient way of getting into a decent setup for whatever conditions I'm in, especially as I get a feel for what the Bronco is capable of.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Eh, thought about mentioning that, but I don't like that "feature". Not sure if you can turn that off or not (didn't order High/Lux so never bothered finding out), but hopefully you can. If you are actively using a map application on your infotainment screen I'd rather have it stay on the map application than flipping immediately to the camera as soon as I put it in Rock Crawl mode.

BUT, personal preference I suppose. I specifically avoided the cameras to begin with so obviously I'm not the target audience for that feature.
You can easily toggle between the camera and map. As an fyi the camera is awesome if you lack a spotter. Not sure why you would need a map up on a technical part of a trail.
Sponsored