FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Because I’m curious- are gas prices having you reconsider buying a bronco? I assume many (myself included) aren’t exactly driving green vehicles at the moment anyway, but I figure there are a good amount that ordered these when gas was $2.50 a gallon. Is there a line where you break off interest?
Sponsored

SZairborne

Big Bend
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge charger GT AWD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not me, this is comparable to what I am driving now.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nope, waited too long to back out now.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Retired, plus in actuality this just a ” fun” ride. Don’t get me wrong, the price of fuel is a concern, but not as much as those who need to fill up once or twice a week in order to get to work.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How much gas cost every year since 1978 (cnbc.com)

honestly, world events trigger things like this, look at the link above. also opec knows that if it stays this high the renewable energy push will accelerate and hurt them further.

things will level off and return at some point, and ev is coming regardless. the question is when do you need a new vehicle, and what ev or improved mpg suv/truck is available for a comparable price?

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sticking with it. The Bronco was always a fun weekend vehicle for me, not my daily driver. I have a 38 MPG Focus as my daily driver.

That said, if my dealer gave me a good trade-in price for my Focus, I would have considered it. Now with gas prices the way they are, they have to give me the deal of a century.

I won’t lie though… if my Bronco was intended to be my daily driver and I couldn’t have a second vehicle… I would seriously be looking looking at a Bronco Sport right now. I’m not one who spooks easily at high gas prices, but we’ve reach the point where we’re talking thousands of dollars a year in extra fuel costs.

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because I’m curious- are gas prices having you reconsider buying a bronco? I assume many (myself included) aren’t exactly driving green vehicles at the moment anyway, but I figure there are a good amount that ordered these when gas was $2.50 a gallon. Is there a line where you break off interest?
I just received then went on a trip to the beach. $5.29 a gallon in FL was a bit painful. However, I don't have to commute at the moment and neither does my wife. With that said and even though we make a good living and can absorb the increase, we are doing what we can do to mitigate. One of the biggest things we're doing is taking advantage of fuel points at our local grocer (Kroger), buying everything we can from that store. We're also purchasing gift cards that often get 4x fuel points from Kroger for stores we need something from - essentially putting a big part of our spend into Kroger. It ends up taking a $1 off the top for each car once a month - perhaps more. It'll eventually come down - we didn't want a temporary issue to influence our decision.

Last edited:

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is how much it effected our decision to get a Bronco 🤣. To put it in perspective we each drive less than 2 miles to work everyday. Road trips yeah it’s gonna cost a bit more than the old family rig.
Ford Bronco Are gas prices having you question your pending order? [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1D5A2074-D813-4F98-A764-9B4E00315693

ScottyScooter

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Its kind of crazy how reactionary people are when it comes to gas prices. When prices are high, people flock to more fuel efficient crossovers and compact vehicles. When prices are low, those same people go straight back to their gas guzzling trucks and SUVs, almost as if they don't realize that the price of gas will go back up again at some point in the future....

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MPG is the same as the old vehicle I replaced so it's not a surprise. I did switch from 93 octane to 87 octane when this whole mess started. It's a nice option to save a few bucks. A powerboost F150 would be a good alternate but more expensive and I didn't want a pickup truck.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I considered aborting before mine was delivered but decided to get it anyway. When I ordered it, it was going to be more or less my daily driver but that's when gas was around 2.50 a gallon. I was worried even then gas going up to 3.00 or 3.50. Well now's it's way higher and no end in sight. It just means I won't drive the Bronco as much. I'll drive it to work once every 2 weeks and spend the 25.00. As it is I drive a commuter that gets 53 MPG but even hat is costing me. I don't have a car payment but my gas payment is like or even more than a car payment.

What I really worry about is gas keeping climbing and what will it climb to? 6.00, 7.00, 10.00 or higher?

805Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 EB FSB Bronco; 2021 Outer Banks 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Retired, plus in actuality this just a ” fun” ride.
As a retiree myself, I'm in exactly the same boat. Putting aside fuel prices, what I really find annoying us the size of my fuel tank in the 2-door. It feels like I'm at the gas station all the time. On the other hand, filling up my '21 Bronco isn't as painful as filling my '92 EB FSB w/36 gal tank.

... first world problems 😉

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Would gas be cheaper if I bought a different vehicle?
Sponsored