Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Gas prices double and I still see too many vehicles on the road. If anything, the global economy will suffer if they climb too much higher. We are fortunate as a nation to be able to manage it. I feel for those who can't.

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been meaning to ask, how do you get electric only mileage on a non plug-in hybrid?
the hybrid has TWO motors...a gas and an electric (that a large battery supports under rear seat). The miles calculated as "electric" are the amount of miles consumed by the battery-electric motor. NON plug in hybrid.

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Life truly is strange! Within minutes of posting this, my dealer called and told me my Bronco was sitting on his lot waiting to be picked up. I'll have to make a game time decision tomorrow morning. Any advise?
There's now a Squashed 2022 Race Red Black Diamond 4 door soft top in my drive. I promised myself I wouldn't even think about gas milage for a few months.

Ford Bronco Are gas prices having you question your pending order? [WARNING: NO POLITICS] chan

Reactions: Jdc

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Are gas prices having you question your pending order? [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 93954252-3538-46EA-A9A5-9380F705B6C7

SO & I picked this up a few months ago when prices started to swing and itā€™s worked out extremely well. Between it and the Fiesta ST we maybe spend $100 a month on gas collectively. I am a bit closer to the Toyota camp though with these recent prices and the GR Corolla being unveiled. It and the Bronco fill 2 niches Iā€™ve been eyeing for a long time and in the perfect world Iā€™d have both.

Im all about hybrids, plug ins, EVs etc but for me personally? I donā€™t want that from my Bronco. I view this as one of the last ICE cars I plan to buy and want to manifest the manual transmission off roader for years to come.

Sponsored

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

ā€œWarningā€

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Definitely rethinking the purchase more due to the fact that by the time I get the thing, the Bronco is going to be a 3-4 year old model vehicle. By then, there will likely be a new 4Runner and Tacoma in the mix (possibly with hybrid powertrains).

If Toyota announces a manual, hybrid Tacoma option that will 100% put a nail in the Bronco for me.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope, she's on a steady diet of 93 octane and loving every mile of it!

j_4260

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, Ducati M620, BMW GSA 1200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took delivery of my 2.7 Badlands in late April - it costs me $100 to fill up here in CA with 91. It's not my daily so I'm not experiencing too much pain filling up.

It still sucks that gas is nearly $7 a gallon here!

FordHorses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wife just got a 17MPG Explorer ST, and I'll be taking delivery of my 17MPG Badlands (hopefully) soon. Gas prices are not going to change what I do or do not enjoy driving every day, and are not a big impact on overall finances, so they have very little impact on my choice of vehicle.

I would hate to be someone that needs to drive into a minimum wage job right now, losing a significant portion of their income to fuel. But when the average new Bronco is $40k+ (with many popular specs closer to $60k), if fuel is a major financial concern for you, then you should probably rethink how much you're spending on a new vehicle in the first place.

Sponsored

Skmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Jaguar F-TYPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely rethinking the purchase more due to the fact that by the time I get the thing, the Bronco is going to be a 3-4 year old model vehicle. By then, there will likely be a new 4Runner and Tacoma in the mix (possibly with hybrid powertrains).

If Toyota announces a manual, hybrid Tacoma option that will 100% put a nail in the Bronco for me.
Honestly a hybrid Tacoma/4runner would hit all the marks. The biggest thing i dont like about the vehicles is that i feel claustrophobic when im in them. If they made model that i could take off the roof or doors I would be all in for it.

B Spence

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Raptor SVT 6.2L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hoping to get my Bronco OB Lux soon, it been shipped and siting in OKC. We have several cars so I switch often depending on the weather. Today its my 2010 Raptor 6.2 L Modified. so 11 - 12 MPG is about what I get. Yesterday it was a Honda CRV with 32 MPG, Rainy weather. Tomarrow it will be nice and it will be my 911 Convertible but it get 28 mpg. What hurts is when you fill up that 80 gal tank on the RV - Ouch. We just have not been traveling as much and hope the Bronco will be the tow car for the RV - but in reality Ill drive it most of the time anyway, for a while. Keeping them all full is my problem.

Geearem

First Edition
First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2Dr Cyber Orange First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I traded a 12 year old Prius for my Bronco. The dealer said they had never seen anyone do that! Good news is that my Prius trade-in was worth twice as much as just a few months ago which offset the markup on the "used" Bronco 2Dr 1st Edition with 149 miles on it. I drive less than 5000 miles per year total, and have a 14 year old Lexus LS600hL hybrid and a 9 year-old Boxster S sharing the load in these Minnesota seasons. Gas prices don't impact me as much compared to the joy of driving these iconic cars, each of which have completely different but lovable personalities. I have been lucky to be able to live ā‰ˆ 5 miles from my work for the past 29 years as well, so the economics of driving versus the return on pleasure are not competing.I am grateful for that. I also ride my e-bike cargo bicycle to work on good days as well just for pleasure and a bit of exercise. .

BWahlberg79

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m keeping my 4 cylinder Camry anyways so for longer trips at this point lā€™ll prob just take the car if needed
Sponsored