Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If it was going to be my only commuter, I would have.

Take the daily driving average at 40 miles. In a week that's $50 extra of gas between a 15mpg vehicle and a 30mpg vehicle

I know we like to flex and pretend that's chump change but reality is that's a lot for someone relying on a Bronco for daily driving needs. $200/month premium to drive something fun is not a luxury most people can afford.
Sponsored

Oldred57

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have toyed with the idea of dropping 2.7 and Sasquatch in favor of 2.3 auto with steel wheels (2 door bd) but I know in the long run I wasn’t what I want

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Gas prices, no. Reliability and frequent quality issues with the vehicle do have me getting very close to rethinking our options.

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

1,600 miles on my non-SAS Big Bend. Previously every tank had been Chevron gas but recently I started filling up with Shell and get a little over 2 mpg better per tank. 87 octane only. Similar mix of city and highway driving. I must admit I really didn’t think brand made that much of a difference but I am a believer now. I calculate it by hand (or at least iPhone calculator lol) when I fill up by the way, which has consistently been between .5-1.0 worse than what the bronco computer says!

Sponsored

CoolerThanCool

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT Sport 2wd 2.7l
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I haven’t even ordered yet so I’m hoping for hybrid. Torque and power are incredible with electric and if they add it to a 6? Wow
I'm near the bottom of Granger's reservation list. So who knows at this point

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My current daily driver gets 27 MPG. My "yet to be delivered" Black Diamond Sasquatch with the 2.7 is probably going to be 17 MPG. I will be pumping an additional 325 gallons a year. At $5.00 a gallon that's about one Social Security check. At $10 a gallon it will force me to decide between gas and beer. I'm thinking about passing on the 2022 and hoping that the next administration will stabilize gas prices. Then I'll order a 2025 Bronco. Who knows, they could be all electric by then.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's a truck that gets 18 mpg. Did anyone really get this with any care of gas prices??

Gas in Canada averages $2/L, which is roughly $7.75 a gallon. No complaints as I only put on 15,000 km/year.

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m sticking with my order. I looked hard at a 4XE Wrangler or Grand Cherokee this past month, but I knew I’d envy every Bronco that drove past me.

If the Bronco comes out with a PHEV option in a few years, I’d likely make that trade. With the government tax break and a less than 20 mile daily commute, the all electric 20-25 miles would pay for itself very quickly. The extra HP would make it even more fun to drive.

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
NOPE because I have a 2022 HYBRID Maverick to cover the slack in MPG :)

maverickcactusgray.jpg
Screenshot_20220525-195449_Gallery.jpg
Wow way to go! I hate to ask how you even got a Maverick- 10-20K over sticker? Or did you reserve it a long time ago?

I get about 53 MPG on my non hybrid Jetta- my daily driver. I have a long commute and even with 53 MPG it still sets me back $150 a month just for gas. Crazy when I remember only about 10 years ago when I had a close commute to work I'd spend like $10 a week. I have another year and a half to go to retirement- hoping my Jetta will make it before I'm forced to get a Chevy Bolt or some other electric car.

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

wait why did gas prices increase so fast?
I have thought of not using premium but 5000 miles on the bronco all premium why change now lol

Last edited:

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Because I’m curious- are gas prices having you reconsider buying a bronco? I assume many (myself included) aren’t exactly driving green vehicles at the moment anyway, but I figure there are a good amount that ordered these when gas was $2.50 a gallon. Is there a line where you break off interest?
No. The price of gas isn't even a consideration.

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow way to go! I hate to ask how you even got a Maverick- 10-20K over sticker? Or did you reserve it a long time ago?

I get about 53 MPG on my non hybrid Jetta- my daily driver. I have a long commute and even with 53 MPG it still sets me back $150 a month just for gas. Crazy when I remember only about 10 years ago when I had a close commute to work I'd spend like $10 a week. I have another year and a half to go to retirement- hoping my Jetta will make it before I'm forced to get a Chevy Bolt or some other electric car.
Ordered on day 1 of reservations... Employee pricing, A PLAN. It came in on Dec 23. LOVE it.

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm considering selling my 2-door. I love it, but the tank on a 2-door is extremely small, and the MPG is just awful for a 2-door badlands (non-sas). I have the 2.7L, and I never expected to get 19-20 MPG, but right now, I am struggling to just get 13-14 city, and 16 hwy.
Sponsored