First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
they absolutely cannot have the launch of this vehicle go like the explorer. It is 100x better to delay than release garbage vehicles.
I assume you Mods divvy up threads to track, so I don't know if you're following the 60/80 auto tranny discussion. 10R60 (not 10R80) 10-speed automatic transmission for 2021 Bronco [update: confirmed in Ford parts system] | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community (400+ posts). Cliff's notes version early word on Bronco was the 80 - reality is the weaker 60, which is in new Explorers & Aviators and crashing the internet with coolant leakage problems.

Any insights into this problem?
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: sjp

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not holding my breath for the May build update email. My enthusiasm has definitely waned knowing it will be a miracle if I see this by summer's end (late September). I still think it's utterly ridiculous they send out "deadly sins" emails, trying to get people to remove features they advertised. The microchip shortage may be a universal issue, but everything else is on them for poor planning, especially the MIC top issue. Beyond bad vendor management. Will just have to wait and see!
Agree completely. Delays due to a trailer hitch for god sakes (one example)....ridiculous. Today a top or a hitch, next week something else. FORD better have learned something from all of this; mutiple sourcing of parts, more on hand, more in-house production of parts.

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here are all my assumptions at this point:
1. Ford knows what is in the the order backlog.
2. They know when supply lines will recover.
3. They know what configs they can build and when they can build them.
4. They know how long it will take to sort out the MIC top production issues and have a recovery plan in process.
5. And they have a reliable assembly production plan for MAP.

So they can, at this point, give all order holders a build estimate +/- 90 days. Right?

But there are other factors at play we need to consider.

Other lines of business at Ford use some of the same components needed to build out the Bronco backlog of orders. Ford can choose to prioritize the Bronco orders or use some other allocation plan for shared constrained parts. My guess is there are several allocation and recovery models in the hands of the executives for final decisions.

My POV: Ford will not prioritize the Bronco order backlog for share components/parts, but they are not going to share that decision with the customers. They will communicate something about delivery to retain as many of the order holders as possible. Those estimates will slip and slip again. Ford is dealing with more than the Bronco backlog.

I now believe my July 2020 reservation Badlands build will not show up for at least another 16-20 months. We are in for a much longer wait than many are anticipating.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

im number 3 on the list and no preview for me. I hear almost every model previewing is a soft top this week :(

Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer is worthless. I'm a Day 2 res, but they won't tell me where I am in their allocation lineup. I might have shot myself in the foot going with a smaller dealer, thinking it would work in my favor. Maybe it didn't. They're telling me I may end up with a 2022. I'd just like half a freaking clue about a delivery date so I can plan for selling my Durango, which I'd love to do right now while the market is hot. But if my Bronco won't arrive until January (or later), it sure would be nice to know that now. What a complete clusterfark from Ford.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You know what would go along way is if Ford would offer zero percent financing to us for having to wait so long I think that would be awsome
LOL, right. Ford will be squeezing every penny they can out of this debacle. And none of us will dare complain (too loudly).

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

im number 3 on the list and no preview for me. I hear almost every model previewing is a soft top this week :(
well that has kind of been communicated by Ford given they told us that was going to happen in the short term.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer is worthless. I'm a Day 2 res, but they won't tell me where I am in their allocation lineup. I might have shot myself in the foot going with a smaller dealer, thinking it would work in my favor. Maybe it didn't. They're telling me I may end up with a 2022. I'd just like half a freaking clue about a delivery date so I can plan for selling my Durango, which I'd love to do right now while the market is hot. But if my Bronco won't arrive until January (or later), it sure would be nice to know that now. What a complete clusterfark from Ford.
The dealer doesn't know any more than you.

Sponsored

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
That’s my build, by accident. I’d rather wait longer for the MIC but because of my screw up I’ve got my VIN

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I assume you Mods divvy up threads to track, so I don't know if you're following the 60/80 auto tranny discussion. 10R60 (not 10R80) 10-speed automatic transmission for 2021 Bronco [update: confirmed in Ford parts system] | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community (400+ posts). Cliff's notes version early word on Bronco was the 80 - reality is the weaker 60, which is in new Explorers & Aviators and crashing the internet with coolant leakage problems.

Any insights into this problem?
I’ve posted a few times in that thread. Non issue IMO, there’s already a TSB for the coolant leak so new production models like Bronco will have the fix in place. As far as strength, the explorer ST fully loaded with payload, and towing heavy would put way more strain on the trans than anything your Bronco will be doing.

This is just my totally uneducated opinion though. Just from my understanding the main thing that kills transmissions is heat. Heat comes from load, which with how low the Broncos gearing is should be minimal. Hell, a Suzuki samurai engine and transmission can stand up to 37” tires if you gear it right and put an upgraded trans(or t-case I can’t remember) mount in. I’m sure the 10R60 will be fine for the 99.99% of Bronco owners who are not planning on tuning past 400+ HP.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well that has kind of been communicated by Ford given they told us that was going to happen in the short term.
Its a bummer, you would thing that each week my dealer would get 1 MIC scheduled and I would be pretty much next but that doesn't appear to be the case. But yes that was sorta communicated.

dmalaquias

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Porsche Cayenne S, Audi Allroad
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At least they should know what number I am on their dealership list, but they refuse to tell me.
Ditto for me as well. My small dealer is simply saying it's in Ford's hands now. They had around 90 reservations but only 15 converted. I'm hoping I fall within their allocation but I have no clue how many the dealer will get or where I am on the list.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.