First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger XLT 4x4, 2018 Fusion Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have no clue how or when they assign VINs, but I would assume that they are assigned in the order that these orders were entered into the Ford system as finalized orders for production.

So for example, my order was finalized (after a month of getting it wrong) on 5/5/21. Yesterday (5/24/2021),I received my VIN number and last night I was informed that my production start date is 7/26/2021.
HA!
Reservation made: 7/14/20
Order placed: 3/11/21
Radio silence ever since.
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Judge,
I am well-versed in our legal system, thank you. Well aware of USMV Code, blah blah.
Not intending to go back and forth with you.
Ill say my piece:
FTC governs any laws regarding advertising; being solicited or unsolicited both Private or Public. What they do not govern is ETHICS; the amplification of my previous post and my concern with Ford. Any material/goods/services that are misrepresented fall under the FTC. Them being, (what's coined, the ARBITER = FORD)
We've all experienced challenges with the COVID pandemic be it directly or indirectly...productivity decrease, layoffs, etc. I got it.
MY biggest problem is not with the state of being, but the fact that the LARGER Ford has not been so honest with us. Its FORD!!!! haha Would one honestly believe that they do not have the foresight, experience, and qualified leadership to assess or mitigate situations as such. (No crystal balls needed).
Bottom Line: Just be honest with your customers. Down to the local dealerships and franchises. Clear lines of communication. Do not keep the consumers (us) in the dark. Noone appreciates the hook, line and sinker.
ZZZ...

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not sure if I said this before - but the 'tell' of continued scheduling is this - they arent done with the FEs, no where close, and they arent really showing up (wildly) in the previews. They still need to make due on the FEs for 2021, right? That's something they really need to protect for optics sake. Those will take time to schedule and clear out, and during that time, they will still have incoming parts to send out additional non FE build dates. So for those with fears of some email coming this week that they are done with the 2021 run, I just dont see that happening.
Well, aren’t you just a ray of sunshine tonight. And I thought I was king of the buzz kill. I’m going to just continue hoping until reality slaps me in the face Thursday. I do the same thing with my lottery tickets.......I won’t look at the winning numbers because I like the thought of perhaps being in possession of the winning ticket......and I know as soon as I look all hope is lost.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, aren’t you just a ray of sunshine tonight. And I thought I was king of the buzz kill. I’m going to just continue hoping until reality slaps me in the face Thursday. I do the same thing with my lottery tickets.......I won’t look at the winning numbers because I like the thought of perhaps being in possession of the winning ticket......and I know as soon as I look all hope is lost.
We’re nowhere close to weekly scheduling coming to an end. Show goes on. For better or worse. I’ll bet big against an all encompassing email this week about 2021 build dates. Way too premature. We are just getting started on this voyage of who gets skipped and who gets picked. This will go on for weeks, if not months, IMO

Sponsored

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought I was the only weirdo that did that lol. Once I finally check the ticket I need a new $2 glimmer of hope to put in my wallet 🤣

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I already bet $100 all orders will get some kind of communication about an estimated window when yours will be made. Production starts slow, works out the kinks for a few weeks, then goes faster and faster. Think of a graph showing a diagonal line going up about 45 degrees. By September they're going to be cranking them out. By December Web-slacko will have their top assembly line also cranking out. Once you have 500 tops a week being made, there will be nothing to stop 1000 broncos a week being made. (rough numbers, I didn't do the math)

Ford averages 900,000 F-150s a year, and who knows how many Explorers, Rangers, Mustangs. They can figure out how to produce a paltry 160,000 Broncos.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We’re nowhere close to weekly scheduling coming to an end. Show goes on. For better or worse. I’ll bet big against an all encompassing email this week about 2021 build dates. Way too premature. We are just getting started on this voyage of who gets skipped and who gets picked. This will go on for weeks, if not months, IMO
Jesus. You win. So we’re destined for a slow, lingering, painful (for most) process. You’re a regular bronco reservation version of Punxsutawney Phil. Uh oh.....he saw his shadow and it’s 6 more weeks of no build date for you, you poor miserable collection of sad sacks.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I kind of expect to hear some news from Ford that will enlighten us all before the week ends.....I just don’t know if the enlightenment will come in the form of good news or bad. I believe if the situation is worse than we suspect, that Ford will definitely not deliver terrible news via email...........ever. Their modus operandi appears to be stringing us a long in order to prevent a mass exodus.

wkaotp

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Sprinter 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I kind of expect to hear some news from Ford that will enlighten us all before the week ends.....I just don’t know if the enlightenment will come in the form of good news or bad. I believe if the situation is worse than we suspect, that Ford will definitely not deliver terrible news via email...........ever. Their modus operandi appears to be stringing us a long in order to prevent a mass exodus.
Theres never gonna be a mass exodus. What the hell would you go buy? A Jeep? Hah nope. Be patient. Great things come to those that wait.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ll bet big against an all encompassing email this week about 2021 build dates
Same. Ford has never used the wording “build dates” when referring to the widespread May communications. They’ve described it as “delivery estimates” which could be as broad as “we estimate your delivery by q4 2022.”

They never committed to assigning VINs/build weeks or dates to the entire preorder population all at once, and they would never do that. Builds will be scheduled and VINs assigned in a continuous slow trickle from now until the model is discontinued!

MadTitanRC

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet, but this is an email I received from my dealer on Monday. I'm pretty confident we'll hear something this week.
Ford Bronco Are May emails still gonna be a thing? Screenshot_20210525-214703

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ha ha I’m hoping Ford will decide to install the wiring for the mic before mines built!
Roll the dice and take your chances... ;) The way things look you will be in the driver's seat before I am... None the less, I am excited to get a Bronco, even if I had to make some compromises.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet, but this is an email I received from my dealer on Monday. I'm pretty confident we'll hear something this week.
So the delivery estimate is going to be by model year? That is super helpful and probably won’t piss anyone off…

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Oh it has. The wackos around here ignore facts and insist on wild baseless speculation and woah is me pity. Don’t spoil the fun lmao.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.