Bronco Bob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco, 1994 Bronco, 2009 F150, 2017 F 250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With all these threads talking about people selling their Broncos at 20K over MSRP, are there actually people buying them? I see a lot of the same ones on Craigslist where I live Week after Week, although I see a few either removed or sold. One fella had a first Edition 4 Door listed at 98K. Does anyone know anybody that has actually bought from a second party at the ridiculous inflated price's?
Sponsored

Last edited:

GreenLantern

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There are enough impatient fools out there.

But, there's also trading between dealers, so it makes it look like there's movement and inflation of pricing.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People are paying 20k+ on USED broncos on BaT and C&B, etc... so I'm not surprised people are paying it for a new truck.

JDoc92

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And people assume that paying over sticker is the only way to get one. Last weekend someone waived me down and asked if it is worth $20k over sticker….

Sponsored
OP
OP

Bronco Bob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco, 1994 Bronco, 2009 F150, 2017 F 250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And people assume that paying over sticker is the only way to get one. Last weekend someone waived me down and asked if it is worth $20k over sticker….
Did you say F yeah it is?

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With all these threads talking about people selling their Broncos at 20K over MSRP, are there actually people buying them? I see a lot of the same ones on Craigslist where I live Week after Week, although I see a few either removed or sold. One fella had a first Edition 4 Door listed at 98K. Does anyone know anybody that has actually bought from a second party at the ridiculous inflated price's?
Only idiots

Havok

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

To those with money to burn, $20k is a drop in the bucket. I think they call it a “rounding error”. They want the thing that others can’t get and will pay whatever for it. I wouldn’t call them idiots if they an afford it and that ADM has no effect on their situation.

And I’ll add that these are the people all these dealers charging ADM with no prior warning upon a reservation holder’s delivery are hoping to find. If CarMax is charging $95k+ for a First Edition, they are selling them for that much.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just picked up a Bronco Sport OBX for my daughter this week. First dealership I went to on Monday had three Base Sports. 1 new (Silver) and 2 used (Silver and Grey) all optioned the same. The two used had less that 150mi. on them and priced at 40K each, the new one was priced at 28K with a 2K ADM. All three are now sold! Crazy ass market!!!!

Sponsored

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've said this a million times but let's make it One Million and One...

I'm a first-24hr-reservation holder, we ordered whatever the first day you could order ... my Bronc just showed up at the Dealer (FINALLY!!!) but they're not ready for us to buy it yet (You know, you have to have an appointment to give somebody $60K these days...) but-

Probably August? of last year ... We were coming back from lunch a town over on a Saturday afternoon, coming down the highway in-town, and my Dad sees a Bronco at the Dealership in town (whom I initially THOUGHT I had made a reservation with, turns out I 'screwed up' and made it with the place about 30 mins away, Serendipity ....) - and hollers out "Bust a right, quick, lets check it out!" ... So we do, and it's a pretty basic Big Bend model ... $39,999 ... and the Dealership added $10K worth of bullstuff add-ons ... Paint Protection Package, Pinstripe Package, two different safes, nitrogen tire fill, extended service package, etc. so $49,999 ... and $50,000 markup. so $39,999 becomes $99,999 if you want it.

It was gone in a few weeks.

I mean really now.

JDoc92

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you say F yeah it is?
I got more pleasure telling her I paid $1,300 under invoice and watching her jaw drop. But then I told her it was worth the F’in wait!!

Last edited:

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ADM is everywhere. Went to a Jeep dealer a few days ago. Everything, both on lot and orders, was $10k. Only 2-3 new gladiators and no Wranglers at all on the lot. Salesman said they go out the day they come in. So folks are clearly paying it. I get why of the ADM. It's a matter of keeping the lights on. If they used to sell 4-5 new cars a day and now its 4-5 cars a week because thats all they're given, if that, meeting payroll and finding folks to sell on commission is difficult. Personally, I will not pay any ADM. Have a signed sales agreement for MSRP for our Bronc (if that's even worth anything). In another year, I think we'll see more than a few dealers closing the doors. Strange times indeed.

Take care. Contented

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I suspect a lot of the ones we see on the road folks paid some ADM and it would not surprise me if they paid 20K or more ADM. If you want one NOW it's the only way to get one. If you have the $$ you can get one- there are plenty of them available.

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Some people are seeing it as a status symbol. I have my 2 door that was finally delivered in December and the people who know about the bronco and know about the upcharges assume I’m some hot shot for owning something that’s practically impossible to get at this point.

I’ve had a few people walk up and ask “how did you you go about getting that!” Pointing to the bronco
Sponsored