First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you can afford $1 million for a used 42’ fishing boat, the $1,000/day for fuel is not a problem.

8E054C99-8D99-4C3F-800C-40B907403D61.png

😳😳🤯🤯🤯🤯

Holy crap. Had no idea they were that pricey.

I think we found the type of people that can afford to pay $100k for a Bronco!
Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
😳😳🤯🤯🤯🤯

Holy crap. Had no idea they were that pricey.

I think we found the type of people that can afford to pay $100k for a Bronco!
Boats have gone up a lot in the last decade and more than cars since COVID started. Many of the 24-27 foot surf boats are now $150-$250k. My neighbor just bought a pontoon than is not that nice for $118k. The 350 Mercury Verado that powers it is $29k alone and many of those fishing boats over 32 feet have triples or quads of that engine.

Bronco B

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD, 2017 Indian Chief Darkhorse
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Boats have gone up a lot in the last decade and more than cars since COVID started. Many of the 24-27 foot surf boats are now $150-$250k. My neighbor just bought a pontoon than is not that nice for $118k. The 350 Mercury Verado that powers it is $29k alone and many of those fishing boats over 32 feet have triples or quads of that engine.
2019 Lund Aventure for sale - very low hours :)

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even lowly jet skis are way up. Local dealer is almost doubling the MSRP and still selling out before the lake water is even warm enough to put one in the water.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The “value” of the Bronco is transitory-the new car market is “overvalued” because supply can’t meet demand. Almost all cars that are sitting at dealerships have a market adjustment on them that reflect this.

The point is long term (let’s say 2-3 years, maybe shorter) the Bronco isn’t going to keep its “value” of MRSP plus the ADM on it. It will depreciate to the point that you’ll lose money.

Lets frame it this way- new refreshed Bronco comes out in 2025 or so-you won’t be able to recover that ADM price you paid and plus on top of that you’ll lose whatever depreciation from MRSP is if you traded it in or sold it private party.

The pricing of cars, both used and new, will pop either from supply catching up or an economic downturn happening, which looks like we are going to have in the next year or so.
Just like inflation, how long is something transitory before it isn’t considered transitory anymore?

You also just described how a car depreciates in general(y)

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just like inflation, how long is something transitory before it isn’t considered transitory
The issue with the car market is supply isn’t meeting demand due to several factors. Once that gets back to normal or there is a severe economic recession or the like.

When undesirable products still have ADMs on them, you know the market has issues.

Ford will raise the price on thE Bronco due to increased costs in labor and materials due to inflation. dealers adding 10k ADMs are only doing that because of shortages and people being “stupid” enough with their money

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've got mine listed for roughly $20k more than I paid for it, just because there are only few times in my life where someone will hand me $20k on top of the purchase price....just for buying something.

That being said - I've had no offers, no inquiries, and I don't expect to. I'm just enjoying my Bronco.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Once the supply/demand normalizes for cars and trucks in a year or two, I’ll guess that the Bronco will hold it’s value similar to a Jeep Wrangler which loses only about 30% of it’s value after 5 years. Who knows, with no end to inflation in sight, it could could be less than that. To me it doesn’t matter as I’m keeping mine for at least 20 years.

F6235C03-5215-4515-A023-97A32B54FE96.jpeg

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base (Hubby) 2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Some people are seeing it as a status symbol. I have my 2 door that was finally delivered in December and the people who know about the bronco and know about the upcharges assume I’m some hot shot for owning something that’s practically impossible to get at this point.

I’ve had a few people walk up and ask “how did you you go about getting that!” Pointing to the bronco
I think that most people assumed that when the New Bronco’s were coming, you could go to any Ford Dealer and see several for sale with all different colors and builds. Things have definitely changed. If you didn’t order one, the only ones that are available are either used, or a customers order they didn’t get with a big price tag on them. Times are definitely different in the car market.
Sponsored