Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's slightly laughable. You're arguing semantics at that point. The value has been shown via banks and insurance companies. This isn't a temporary adm increase and it's not regional. You're factual use of the term may be accurate, but again, just because you wish it, doesn't mean it's true. Go talk to geico, progressive, etc about the value.
The “value” of the Bronco is transitory-the new car market is “overvalued” because supply can’t meet demand. Almost all cars that are sitting at dealerships have a market adjustment on them that reflect this.

The point is long term (let’s say 2-3 years, maybe shorter) the Bronco isn’t going to keep its “value” of MRSP plus the ADM on it. It will depreciate to the point that you’ll lose money.

Lets frame it this way- new refreshed Bronco comes out in 2025 or so-you won’t be able to recover that ADM price you paid and plus on top of that you’ll lose whatever depreciation from MRSP is if you traded it in or sold it private party.

The pricing of cars, both used and new, will pop either from supply catching up or an economic downturn happening, which looks like we are going to have in the next year or so.
Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think people are still not remembering what 1980s inflation was. Value is based on the dollar which will be worth less next year. Bronco could actually go up in value to compensate for the additional change in inflation. People need to realize things are getting more expensive and that is the current economic recession. Last recession was no money, this one is money doesn't buy you anything.

Next price increase by Ford is going to be $3-5k.

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are you talking about taking a big hit? The VALUE of the broncos are about 18k over MSRP. It doens't matter what you think, or want to believe, the value of the bronco is what it is. If you get it for MSRP, you're making mad bank if you sell it because of the price protection from the order. Regardless of that, the market value is what it is. TElling people you won't pay what it's worth is like saying you won't drink water anymore lol. It's kind of an ignorant thing to say. You can't wish the value of something to be lower just because you want it to be.
its a fake inflated value it will not stay there and if someone paid 20k the depreciation is going to execrate it may not be today or next month but it will come. I mean you don’t have to be a brain surgeon to figure this out. Everyone is thinking in terms of collector cars
. This is no collector car it’s going to be worth crap in 5 years and if you believe otherwise you may be in for a rude awaking. Even if the car market still increases and inflation goes up you still paid 20k to much

Last edited:

Bronco B

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD, 2017 Indian Chief Darkhorse
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
its a fake inflated value it will not stay there and if someone paid 20k the depreciation is going to execrate it may not be today or next month but it will come. I mean you don’t have to be a brain surgeon to figure this out. Everyone is thinking in terms of collector cars
. This is no collector car it’s going to be worth crap in 5 years and if you believe otherwise you may be in for a rude awaking. Even if the car market still increases and inflation goes up you still paid 20k to much
Indeed. I see a few fan boys trying to justify their overspend. I am, however, grateful that someone taught me the true definition of value :p

Sponsored

Yillbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
None of that really matters lol. The value is what the value is. Using your logic, the price of a car is never the value because of the market adjusting. You can call it any which way you want. If you paid 48k for your OBX and you total it tomorrow, you're getting back over 60, period. These are facts, you can talk about two years, three years, 100 years lol. It's nothing more than hypotheticals. I'm sorry you don't like the market, but it is what it is.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you paid 48k for your OBX and you total it tomorrow, you're getting back over 60, period.
How is that? They are only going to pay whatever the bank note is if you didn't pay cash for it.

If you rolled in the ADM into your payment and didn't get gap insurance, your losing money.

They aren't going to pay what you think fair market value is.

Yillbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How is that? They are only going to pay whatever the bank note is if you didn't pay cash for it.

If you rolled in the ADM into your payment and didn't get gap insurance, your losing money.

They aren't going to pay what you think fair market value is.
You're wrong. I'm not sure how else to tell you that. Perhaps you could call your insurance company and ask them for a market value on your vehicle, they'll usually tell you. You can also check the countless threads on this very website of people telling you that they received the MARKET value of the car, not your MSRP make believe value. Numerous people on this forum have stated they totaled their black diamond, or OBX / Base, and are getting in the 60's for it.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

why does anyone care what someone else pays for their Bronco? If you are a millionaire and want to pay 100k for a Base 2 door I don't give a shit. Your money....spend it however you like.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My local dealer has called me twice in the past 10 days about Broncos that are suddenly magically available. My guess is that the dealership which just recently changed hands is now tacking on ADM’s to orders. They offered me a BD with a $20k markup and then a Base with a $10k mark up.

Sponsored

lil_mule_4x4

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2 Dr Bd Sas on order for MSRP(with countersigned order sheet). Probably be at least a year before I see it. My dealer just texted me a pic of almost same build Badlands that someone “backed out of“ that’s on their showroom floor.., asking $15k ADM. I’m going to track how long it lasts. Im not paying $15k ADM even though I could. In 2 years, you have lost that $15k and more in depreciation. I just can’t justify that bad of a financial decision.
My local stealership still has their mannequin. It came up for sale back in January when stealerships began adding $15k-$20k ADM. It's still on the lot after 5 months! Hopefully, the one's willing to pay these high ADM's have theirs already. With production numbers averaging 12,000+ each month lets hope that the ADM story is coming to an end. Even if that's not the case yet, I am choosing to believe it. It will happen, we just don't know when.

Yillbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My local stealership still has their mannequin. It came up for sale back in January when stealerships began adding $15k-$20k ADM. It's still on the lot after 5 months! Hopefully, the one's willing to pay these high ADM's have theirs already. With production numbers averaging 12,000+ each month lets hope that the ADM story is coming to an end. Even if that's not the case yet, I am choosing to believe it. It will happen, we just don't know when.
That would be so ideal. However; with order banks closed, and dirt mountain still taking orders, it's unlikely.

Bronco B

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD, 2017 Indian Chief Darkhorse
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Last edited:

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I stopped by my local dealer for our bi-monthly visit (GT holder) and they had 2 Badlands. Salesman said they got them at auction. They were priced at about $70k (per a member in the North Central Texas group who checked them out). Sounds like pure capitalism to me. Almost every time we stop in they have at least one and it's always a different one so they are selling them.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Everyone has different priorities and ability to spend, agreed. I have a family member with a big fishing boat that costs $1,000 a day on gas every time they take it out. $2k for a weekend on gas is typical. I can't even fathom that kind of spend, but hey, they can spend their hard earned money on whatever they want. Also, want to know the acronym for BOAT?

Bring On Another Thousand

Also, good for you for getting your house paid off, I hope you succeed this year and can celebrate with some champagne!
If you can afford $1 million for a used 42’ fishing boat, the $1,000/day for fuel is not a problem.

8E054C99-8D99-4C3F-800C-40B907403D61.png
Sponsored