Sponsored

Are people really buying the $100K+ listed Broncos?

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I check Carguru's and other websites every now and then to see what the Bronco market is looking like while I wait for mine to be built. Today I saw 5 pages of $98K and up FE's of various color/configuration within 150 miles of me. Are people really buying/paying that for these? Or are they just sitting there until someone walks in and pays $10K over sticker?
Sponsored

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I check Carguru's and other websites every now and then to see what the Bronco market is looking like while I wait for mine to be built. Today I saw 5 pages of $98K and up FE's of various color/configuration within 150 miles of me. Are people really buying/paying that for these? Or are they just sitting there until someone walks in and pays $10K over sticker?
I think they are. When I bought my two door the dealer told me they bought a FE from a customer for close to 100K and sold it for 120k. They were willing to offer me more than I paid for mine before I even left but I was not prepared to consider that.

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It blows my mind but I think they are getting crazy high markups on them.. I don't know about how many are going for $100K but some are IMO. My closest dealer has a WT with 7500 miles listed for $90K. I saw it and checked it out... I was told it is being sold to a friend of the GM. I wonder if the friend is paying all $90K.. they may be here in Los Angeles.

I am not gonna lie.. I want a Bronco really bad. I am sitting here seeing what I could get for around $40K.. maybe a base BB or BD from what I can tell. I would be OK with the 2.3 and MT. This would be just something to trade my GX for until I have more fun budget next year. If I drove my GX to a Ford lot and was offered 'close' to what I could get one of these more base Broncos it would be hard not to pull the trigger.

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lot's of dumb people out there:rolleyes:

BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3; 2022 Land Rover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't know, but when I told my dealer that I was backing out of my order, they recommended I hold onto it and then immediately sell it for a big markup. Kind of irritated me and I declined this idea because I don't want to contribute to this kind of insanity in the Bronco market. But I don't hold it against anyone else if they want to. Just not my style.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

some people might just list them and see if someone bites? I have no interest in selling my Badsquatch, but if some person offered me 100k or more they can have it right then and there. I'll just order a new one and drive my old Taco for an other year.
A couple grand more or less makes little difference to millionaires, they probably gain/loose more every day in the stock market with it's ups and downs.
If I had money coming out of my ears I'd probably buy way more stupid things for more money than a Bronco, LOL.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They can reach me at 303-***-**** for 100k

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't know, but when I told my dealer that I was backing out of my order, they recommended I hold onto it and then immediately sell it for a big markup. Kind of irritated me and I declined this idea because I don't want to contribute to this kind of insanity in the Bronco market. But I don't hold it against anyone else if they want to. Just not my style.
I am not gonna lie.. if I was holding an order right now and didn't 'want it' ..and someone offered me a few K over I would take it. I just did this with a 4Runner. Was offered several K over MSRP on it after a year of owning it.. now it only had 7K miles so it was perfect. As crazy as it sounds.. you could make someone VERY happy selling them a $40K Bronco for $45K right now... I know.... but if both parties are happy..

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am messaging some dealers within a few hundred miles of me about models with the 2.3 and MT.. to see who is selling for MSRP and who isn't. I like the idea of 'testing the waters' with a very basic model before tossing $60K+ at one of these.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
It blows my mind but I think they are getting crazy high markups on them.. I don't know about how many are going for $100K but some are IMO. My closest dealer has a WT with 7500 miles listed for $90K. I saw it and checked it out... I was told it is being sold to a friend of the GM. I wonder if the friend is paying all $90K.. they may be here in Los Angeles.

I am not gonna lie.. I want a Bronco really bad. I am sitting here seeing what I could get for around $40K.. maybe a base BB or BD from what I can tell. I would be OK with the 2.3 and MT. This would be just something to trade my GX for until I have more fun budget next year. If I drove my GX to a Ford lot and was offered 'close' to what I could get one of these more base Broncos it would be hard not to pull the trigger.
My Basesquatch with a couple of ad ons MSRP is $40,000 and change...

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Materialism, impulsivity and $$$ to burn. I don’t think anyone overpaying for a Bronco is overextending themselves to get it. If I’m paying $100k for a Bronco, it’s just one of my $100k cars in the stable, not my only car/daily driver that’s going to depreciate like 60% in a year.

Maybe I don’t like the Bronco that much but if I had $100k to spend on a car it most definitely wouldn’t be a Bronco or any 4x4.