Sponsored

Are people really buying the $100K+ listed Broncos?

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think they are. When I bought my two door the dealer told me they bought a FE from a customer for close to 100K and sold it for 120k. They were willing to offer me more than I paid for mine before I even left but I was not prepared to consider that.
Hi, curious what dealer you talked to, if you don't mind me asking.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its crazy. At $100k I'm looking at a Navigator.

It must be related to the possibility of future collectabity given the semi-recent surge in value of old Broncos.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It must be related to the possibility of future collectabity given the semi-recent surge in value of old Broncos.
No one in their right mind is paying $100k for collectibility. It would be decades before it is worth that again after it drops. They just want a Bronco and will pay what they need to get it…and it’s way more fun than a Navigator.

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No one in their right mind is paying $100k for collectibility. It would be decades before it is worth that again after it drops. They just want a Bronco and will pay what they need to get it…and it’s way more fun than a Navigator.
Yeah.. if I went the luxury route I’d get an LX 600.

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I follow the YAA Auto Chanel on Youtube. They had a discussion a few weeks back on how the negative equity that the auto industry and dealers are creating right now is going to devastate the industry in 2-3 years. This is a short-sighted short-term gain, very long-term loss scenario.

As mentioned here, if it's a cash deal and you got money to burn have at it.

However, the auto industry is rampant with negative equity flip on new car purchases and this new ADM model will send future sales into a nosedive. Being $35k upsidedown means people will be imprisoned to vehicle purchases for a long time.

BassMaster

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I check Carguru's and other websites every now and then to see what the Bronco market is looking like while I wait for mine to be built. Today I saw 5 pages of $98K and up FE's of various color/configuration within 150 miles of me. Are people really buying/paying that for these? Or are they just sitting there until someone walks in and pays $10K over sticker?
Two years from now there are gonna be a lot of stupid people way upside down in these trucks. My build date is Jan 3, and I want mine as much as anyone but I don’t want anything that bad.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Hell, a hummer ev isnt far off

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Materialism, impulsivity and $$$ to burn. I don’t think anyone overpaying for a Bronco is overextending themselves to get it. If I’m paying $100k for a Bronco, it’s just one of my $100k cars in the stable, not my only car/daily driver that’s going to depreciate like 60% in a year.

Maybe I don’t like the Bronco that much but if I had $100k to spend on a car it most definitely wouldn’t be a Bronco or any 4x4.
Yep some people have a very strong desire for material things. I have a buddy like that, great guy, but he gets a joy from buying material things that just is not in my DNA. It doesn't surprise that some folks are spending big to get a Bronco.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two years from now there are gonna be a lot of stupid people way upside down in these trucks. My build date is Jan 3, and I want mine as much as anyone but I don’t want anything that bad.
THIS!

Imagine paying 120 for a 60k vehicle. Then in a few yrs when the market readjusts, and the vehicle has depreciated, you have a veh worth 45k with a 100k loan. Better not total that sucker.
Sponsored